Mysterious Stranger

Wandering through Fiction to look for the Truth

Hyunseung

"He's 15 minutes late, you know. I can't cover him for long." said Eungjung pouring a glass of vibrant blue liquor into a fancy cup. 

"He's coming, I know him. He probably woke up a few minutes ago and is on his way here." I told her as she handed me the drink. 

Eungjung rolled her eyes "Did something happen? Your eyes say something did."

"Gikwang just got dumped." I took a sip of the drink and set it down. "Oh really? By who this time?" she asked. 

"Soyoung. She was here with him a few weeks ago. The girl with the long blonde hair." I said trying to refresh her memory.

"Ohhh, that girl. I knew she wasn't going to last forever. She was getting bored of him, and everyone could tell. Everyone, but Gikwang. Such a shame though. A youthful, funny, and good guy going to waste.." I couldn't have agreed more.

"I feel the same. I want to feel sorry for him, but.... it's every time. He always lets himself get used and hurt. He get so oblivious when he's in 'love'. It's annoying." Gulping down more of the drink., I shook my head in thought. 

"Well speaking of the devil, there he is now." she said and looked over my should and over across the room. Through all the people dancing and hanging around, I saw him. He looked... better than before. He came towards us and smiled "Hello there, Eungjung, Hyunseung..."

"You're working, now get your behind this counter and help serve drinks." she said with a playful smile. 

"Yes ma'am." Gikwang replied and got to work. I sat at the bar for a while until I got bored and left. I walked over to a couch and relaced, watching all the people dance their drunk little hearts out. I wasn't sure why I was watching them. I guess it fascinated me to see young people let go and have fun.

But one of the young people caught my eye the most. She sure was a beauty. Not only did she catch my eyes, but the fact she wasn't throwing herself out there to every man. She wasn't drunk, no did she dance as if she was drunk. She danced with her friend playfully, but made sure to stay careful and not let anything bad happen. I watched her for some time until I felt the presence of Gikwang beside me.

"So, who are you looking at? I've been watching you watch someone for quite some time now. It's practically impossible for any girl to catch your eyes. So who is it?" he asked wiggling his eye brows. I shoved him a little with my elbow and sighed.

"You see the girl over there in the chiffon top, with 3 black bows in front? I told him. It would be no use hiding it from him, he would have found out sooner or later.

"Her? She's...." Whatever Gikwang was going to say, he wasn't going to finish. I looked over to him and he stared at her. He was observing how she moved and every little perfection.

"Why don't you go talk to her...?" he finally asked. "I'm not good with socializing." I said trying to come up with an excuse.

Gikwang laughed and said "That's only if you chose not to be. If you don't go now, you're going to miss her. Might as well take a shot at it." He was right. What harm could come out of this? But what I couldn't really process through my mind was how he recovered so quickly from his heartbreak.

"So, are you going to make the move, Hyunseung? Look, even her friend left her to go get a drink! If you don't seize this opportunity, someone else will." Taking in a deep breath, I got up and wiped my hands onto my pants. I then walked all the way over to the dance floor and mafe my way to her. I found that she was swaying a bit, side to side, by herself, waiting for her friend to come back. So I walked up to her and took her hand, spinning her around so my chest was to her back and my hands on her waist.

A small laugh escaped those pink lips "Who may you be, mysterious stranger?" she asked with that voice of an angle. 

Chuckling lowly, I said "Just a mysterious stranger, maybe I'll keep it that way..." We began to move our hips along to each others.

"Well, you must have a name, rather than that, am I correct? May I at least know what it is?" The way she worded her sentences made me smile. It showed a bit of class. 

"Just call me stranger for now. And if I really like you, then at the end of the next two songs, I will reveal myself, alright?" I said making a deal. 

"I should be worried, you know. You could be a murderer, an assassin, or some sort of e...-" I laughed "But somehow I'm not worried. Something about you makes it seem... right."  I could feel my heart stop for a second. I've only met her for a minute, maybe even less, and yet everything feels so right.

"Call me Yoora." she said.

Yoora? I've never heard that name before. "I really like that name." I said. 

"Ha, at least someone likes that name. I've never liked it. It's too... boring." The music started to get faster and louder. We sped up out dancing as well. "So what brings you here to this club, Yoora?" I said closely to her ear.

"Girls night out. Every girl has to have one. I'm not much of a clubber. I don't really do the whole drinking, getting drunk and waking up to a drill drilling a nail into my head." I let out a short laugh. She somewhat reminds me of myself. 

"That's just like me..." I said smirking into her ear. The second song ended and she turned quickly around. 

Our eyes looked straight into each others. Her chocolate brown eyes melted my heart. I felt her drag me through the crowd and to the sidelines. She lead me to the couches and we sat down. "If I knew you were this handsome, I would have brought you over here sooner..." she really knew how to make my heart beat fast, didn't she?

"You think I'm handsome?" I asked raising an eyebrow while smiling. Her cheeks turned into a rosy pink. "I-I mean..." she looked away from me and blushed a little bit harder. It was incredibly cute.

"No, it's alright. You're very beautiful" I told her, looking right at her. Yoora looked back at me, for our stare seemed as if a light year as gone by. But that all ended when I heard a familiar voice come towards us.

"Hyunseung! Hey Buddy! Look who I found!" Turning my head, I saw Gikwang with the girl Yoora was dancing with. "S-Sora?" Yoora stuttered.

"Heeeeey Yooooora." her friend was obviously drunk. They came towards us and plopped onto the couch. "Hey, you're the girl Hyunseung had his eyes on earlier.." Gikwang said.

I slapped him and rolled my eyes. "Oh, he had his eyes on me?" she giggled. "Yoora, why is the room spinning?" asked Sora. 

"It's because you're drunk. I told you not to get drunk. I leave you for 6 minutes and this is what happens..." she sighed. 

"I'm NOT drunk!" Sora protested. "Gikwang, please tell me you didn't get her drunk." I said glaring at him. 

"Hey, It wasn't me. She came over to the bar and asked for some drinks. So Eungjung served her. By the she called me over to her, she was already drunk." 

"Sora! Really? You always do this... Come on, I'm taking you home." Yoora said getting up and was about to drag Sora out of the club when she resisted. 

"No! I don't want to go! I want to stay with Gikwang!" G-Gikwang? "W-What?!" I said in shock. "I like him, he's nice to me!." I scoffed.

"Yoora, I really think you should get your friend away from Gikwang." I suggested. Yoora nodded and sighed. 

"Sora, come on. You've had your fun. Now it's time to go. NOW." Sora whined and Yoora pulled her up to her feet. "I'm sorry to cause you guys trouble. It was very nice meeting you... Hyunseung." She said giving me one last smile before disappearing into the sea of people. I was left with Gikwang who shook his head.

"Why are you shaking your head?" I looked at him. 

"Because, that Yoora girl... She really is something." he said. As much as I didn't want to admit this, I felt jealous. I felt like yelling at him, telling him to back off. I didn't want him looking at her, touching her, or even being in the same room as her. Why did I feel like this?

"Yeah, she really is..." was all I said. 

 

*

Gikwang

"So, is that girl back again?" asked Eungjung. It was around 2 in the afternoon. There wasn't many people here. 

"Let's just hope not. She's been coming here every day for a week now, just to see me. It's sort of annoying me." I said polishing a glass mug.

"Same. I have no problem taking her money, you know? But, it's really pointless if she's just going to come here to drink our alcohol and stare at you." I laughed. "Exactly." I said, and just as I said that I heard the sound of heels clicking.

"I think that's her..." said Eungjung, as she drifted to the back in the storage area. Thanks for leaving me alone, Eungjung.

When I saw Sora, there was no surprise. But what actually surprised me was she brought her friend, Yoora. "Hi there, Gikwang.." said Sora as she took a seat in front of me. Yoora also took a seat, but not happy with her friend.

"Get us two margaritas please!" said Sora playfully. "I'll just take some soda, if you have any." said Yoora. Nodding I went and got Yoora a coke and Sora a orange margarita.

"So Gikwang, guess what?" asked Sora with beaming eyes. I really didn't want to talk to her. She was really pushing herself onto me. 

"What?" I replied. "There's going to be this fancy party in a few days, and I came here to ask if you wanted to come as my date." 

I was awestruck. Did she just actually ask me to be her date? I really wanted to say no, I honestly did. I barely knew the girl. All I knew is that she likes to party, drink, get drunk, and stalk me. She was like me, except for the stalking part. But the thing about her is that she wanted my attention constantly.

"I... don't know if I can go." I said suspiciously. "Well that's okay, just give it some thought, alright? I'm going to the bathrooms. Talk to Yoora!" Sora got up and walked towards the bathrooms. Leaving me and Yoora alone. 

Yoora looked at me and said "Just say yes."

"W-What?" I stuttered. "Sora is trying so hard for you to see her. I don't know what you did to get her attention but she's never been like this before. She's practically drooling over you. Don't hurt her, and just say yes." I was amazed at how Yoora was bravce enough to say that.

"But, I know how this ends up. If I say yes, she'll think I'm into her. Then she'll probably ask me if I want to be her boyfriend, and then she'll get rejected. I don't want to hurt her either, I really don't. But I don't want to pretend I like her." Pretending to like her would hurt her even more.

"Then... I'll prepare her. Just say yes and I'll prepare her to not think of this as anything more than just a partner to go with to a party. I'll tell her to not get her expectations high and to not cling onto you. Just please..." she begged "Don't hurt her." Yoora really cared about her friend. I could see it through her sincere eyes. 

Taking in a deep breath, I rubbed the back of my neck. "F-Fine." I said stubbornly. Yooras' eyes lit up and she said "Thank you SO much. Now, can I ask a little favor out of you again?"

"Favor? Depends on what it is."

"Your friend Hyunseung. I'm also going to that party. Soras' father runs a business and recently they made a huge hit on an item they created. So they are throwing this party. I want you to ask him a if he wanted to go with me, if that's no trouble." My heart sank a little. "Hyunseung?"

"That's his name, right?" I nodded "If it's too much of a trouble then I gue-"

"No, it's alright. I'll... ask him." I forced those words out of my mouth. "Thank you again,Gikwang. This really means a lot to me." Yoora sent a heart warming smile and I felt my heart flutter a little. 

The sound of heels clicking returned, signalling that Sora was coming back. Sora took her place back up at the bar stool.

"So, what did I miss?"