You and Me in A Thousand Years

Wandering through Fiction to look for the Truth

Gikwang

How was I suppose to ask him? Do I just plainly say 'That girl you danced with from a week ago wants to go to a party with you. While as for me, I am going with her stalker and attention wanting friend!" It seemed to straightforward. 

I arrived at Hyunseungs' place and walked in. "Hyunseung?" I called out. The sound of his footsteps came closer and I saw him. 

"Hey, what's up, Gikwang?" He asked. We walked into his living room and took a seat. 

"So... I have something to tell you."

"What is it" I really didn't want to tell him.

"You remember from a week ago, that girl you danced with?" I asked. 

"Yeah, what about her?" He seemed interested. "Well her friend Sora has been coming to the bar just to gawk at me for a week now and she tagged her along today. She wanted me to ask you...." Why was I hesitating?

"She wanted me to ask you if you wanted to go to this formal party as her date." I finally letting it out. Hyunseung looked surprised and happy at the same time. 

"So you're saying, she wants me to be her date?" I nodded and Hyunseung chuckled then smiled.

"Of course, tell her yes! Are you going as well?" he was so happy. "Oh me? Yeah, I'm going with Sora."

"Do you... like her?" was he being serious? "I don't really know her so, I can't say for sure. She really likes to stare at me though. It's really weird." We both laughed.

"Surprising how you rebounded so fast." Hyunseung said. Rebounded?

"What do you mean by that?" I asked. 

"You don't remember? About a week ago? Your girlfriend broke up with you?" 

When Hyunseung finished his sentence, everything came back into my mind. I remember I was drunk with Soyoung and she then broke up with me. I remember yelling and screaming at Hyunseung, and drinking my pain away. It was fuzzy memories but I remember.

"I.... remember." I mumbled. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. How could I have forgotten about Soyoung so fast? 

"Gikwang, don't let it get to you. She didn't deserve you. She...only used you." It all hurt.

"It hurts to know that I couldn't remember any of it. Maybe that's why she chose to get me drunk that day. So I wouldn't be able to remember any of it, right?" I laughed emotionlessly "And now, I'm going as a date to a girl who I don't even know. How more pathetic and foolish can I get?" I said shaking my head. 

"You're not any of that, Gikwang. Listen to me, it's better off that you didn't remember her. I'm sorry I brought it up, I just thought you remembered everything."

"No, it's not your fault. I'm sorry though. I'm sorry for yelling at you. I shouldn't have done that. Or anything that night. I really, really, really am sorry Hyunseung." I said truthfully. 

Hyunseung nodded and patted my arm. "It's alright. You were venting out your feelings. It's not the first time." It's not the first time.

"So anyways, we should probably go get suits or something." Hyunseung said getting up. I got up wiht him and agreed. 

"Yeah, got to look fancy for our dates." We both smiled.

I didn't feel like smiling though. I felt like wallowing in my own misery and regret. This feeling made me want to drink alcohol even more. Just to let go again. But what would happen? What would I do to myself while being alone? Maybe I will actually get out of control again and hurt myself, physically. Or maybe not just me, a friend. 

 

*

Yoora

I was scaverging around the room trying to look for them, but there was no signs. "Do you see them yet?" asked Sora excitedly.

"Sorry but no, not yet." I said with worry. What if Gikwang didn't keep his word? He didn't come and didn't bring Hyunseung with him? Or he did come and Hyunseung chose not to. So many worries filled my head it was starting to give me a head ache. We walked around upstairs looking down off the balcony  to see if they were any where in the living room or doorway. But they weren't. 

"Let's go downstairs. Maybe they're somewhere else." said and Sora agreed. We walked downstairs and as we did , I heard the front door open. As we neared the end of the staircase I looked up to my left to see who I was looking for: Gikwang and Hyungseung. 

Gikwang wore a black blazer with a deep red dress shirt under a black vest, and a black tie. He had on long black dress pants and shoes. His hair was sort of gelled/blown to the side and kind of reminded me of his dress shirt. As for Hyunseung, he wore dark blue blazer, black dress shirt underneath, and some black dress pants to go along with his shiny black shoes. His hair was down and swept to the side. 

I couldn't take my eyes off of Hyunseung. He was so handsome. I could say the same for Gikwang, he was handsome as well. I looked over to Sora and saw her smiling. She was obviously gazing at Gikwang. I elbowed her arm lightly to snap her out of her fixed gaze and I smiled. 

"Well, I guess it's time to meet our dates." with a smirk on my face, I linked my hand into Soras' and we walked towards them.

As we approached them, they turned their view and saw us. I met Hyunseungs' eyes and locked onto them. His stare made my heart beat faster. But he wasn't the only one looking at me. I felt another set of eyes on me as well. It was Gikwang. He was looking at me with amazement. Their eyes made me feel like a bug under someones foot.

When we were in front of them i let go of Sora and said "Hi, Gikwang and... Hyunseung." Hyunseung smiled back at me.

"Hi Gikwang..." said Sora. "Hello Sora." He said politely. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. 

"So, Yoora, let's go." Hyunseung held out his arm for me to link with his, which I gladly accepted. We walked away from Sora and Gikwang and to the living room of Soras' father's house. The house was quite big, to say. It had 6 rooms and 5 bathroom. It was a spacious home and had a victorian feel to it. 

In the living room was more people with their dates. Some were snacking and sipping champagne, while others small talked. Classic music played softly in the background and set the mood. Just as we made midway through the room, a cute slow-like song played. Some couples paired up together and danced slowly. 

Hyunseung took my hand and put his other on my waist. I slowly crept my hand up to his shoulder and lightly gripped onto it. The music was perfect and everything felt right. Just like at the club. We started to sway together with the music and just stared at each other. Even though we weren't talking, our eye contact said everything. More couples started joining in and danced together. I think I even saw Gikwang and Sora join up together. 

I moved closer to Hyunseung and said into his ear "I'm surprised you came. I almost lost faith in you." His grip on my waist became tighter and he said "Of course I would come. Why would I pass up an opportunity to be a beautiful womans date?"

A huge smile plastered on my face "You really are a charmer, aren't you Hyunseung?" I asked.

"Only for the right girls I am." With that said we kept quiet and moved along to the music. When the song slowly neared the end, we both backed up a bit. 

"I'm going to get us some drinks." Hyunseung said and then left. I stood around waiting for him alone, but something in my heart told me I wasn't alone.

I turned around and saw Gikwang smirking at me. What was he doing here?

"What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be with Sora?" I asked confused. 

"I told her I'd get us some drinks. Then I saw you here alone." music began to play again. "May I have this dance?" Gikwang asked slightly bowing as he held out his hand. I was unsure if I should have took it, or walk away. I didn't want to dance with him because 1) I didn't know him that well. But neither did I know Hyunseung that well either. 2) He's suppose to be with Sora. If I get caught, I will most likely cause her to get upset. 

I looked around for a second and didn't see Sora any where in sight. So I slowly took his hand and he pulled me quickly towards his chest. 

 

Hyunseung

I left her and walked through the couples dancing. As I got to the side of the room with the food and drinks I noticed a girl there as well, alone. She was Sora. Walking up to her, I stood beside her and got a glass of champagne. 

"Fancy seeing you here alone." I said examining the glass. Sora turned to me and gave a short, small smile. 

"Yeah, I could say the same for you." She sounded disappointed. 

"You seem down. Where's Gikwang?" I asked. 

Sora scoffed "I would like to kow too. He said he was going to get us drinks but when I came here I saw no one." He ditched her?

"So you're saying he ditched you?" Sora nodded and laughed. 

"Probably for someone else. I could tell he wasn't all that interested in me. He had his eyes on someone else too. So he's probably with her." How could Gikwang do that? 

"Well, if you don't mind me, would you care to dance?" I asked holding out my hand. Sora looked up at me with a smile and gladly took it as we made our way to the floor. 

I put my hands on her waist and she slipped her arms around my neck. It didn't feel right, but  I knew it was the right thing to do. We swayed for a little bit to the music when I felt her step on my foot.

"Owch.. " I mumbled.

"I'm sorry if I'm a bad dancer. I think that's one of the reasons why Gikwang left me." I laughed "No, it's alright. You're fine." she giggled at me.

I scanned around the room trying to look for Yoora. I felt a bit bad that I left her alone. Then also the thought of someone else dancing with her came to my mind. It burned my skull and made me angry. If anyone else was dancing with her, I think I would almost lose my temper. I'm a type of person who doesn't lose their temper easily. But for her I would.

After a while of looking around I finally spotted her. My heart jumped in happiness. That happiness quickly was replaced with shock when I saw Gikwang dancing with her.

 

Gikwang

Yoora gently took my hand and I suddenly brought her close to me. I didn't mean to be too forceful. It was like an natural instinct. The smell of her shampoo flooded into my nostrils. It smelled of sweet raspberries and pomegranate. I placed my hands on her waist and she wrapped her hands around my neck. Her just touching me sent a weird tingling feeling down my spine and in my stomach. Her skin burned onto mine and caused a roaring fire inside of me. There is something about this girl.

 

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is

 

We looked back up to each other and I could have sworn I saw a flicker go off in her eyes. She was magnificent, beautiful, and addicting. Who was she, and what was she doing to me?

 

I will be brave and I will not let anything 
Take away what's standing in front of me

 

We moved together so smoothly and so carefully. I didn't want to hurt her. Even if I let go of her for one second, I had this paranoid thought that she would fall to the ground and break like a glass vase. I wanted to keep her safe and sound, just for this moment. Just for this moment, I felt like her protector. 

 

Every breath... 
Every hour has come to this.. 
One step, Closer....

 

I brought her closer to me. Just being so close to her made me want more. To know every single thing about her. What she likes to do, what are her apsirations, her past, her future. To know every curve, and every single mark on her body. Read her like a book, and examine her like a map. 

 

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid 
For I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

 

I spun her around and brought her back into my arms. Yoora was so graceful and delicate. Why haven't I met her sooner? Before every other girl I've dated and broke my heart. It actually seemed as though a thousand years have passed until this moment right now. Being with her... holding her close, and cherishing her. 

 

All along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more...


Nothing else mattered anymore. I didn't even have Sora on my mind. She wasn't even in the back of my head. All that was on my mind was the thought that I had to have this girl. I wanted her now and forever more. Something was stopping it though. Not only did we not know each other, besides our names, but other people and different feelings. 

*

 

A/N: So yeah. That's the end of this chapter. I guess it's pretty long. I dunno ;o and I'm gonna continue the party next chapter. Maybe some tension is going to build up. But I think it's too early for that to happen in this story. Well then. This is going to a hell of a fanfic EL OH EL. Yeap. So yeah. Thanks for reading c: