Break down

Wandering through Fiction to look for the Truth

"Gikwang, you shouldn't do this to yourself..." I told Gikwang. He was drowning himself in alcohol and misery. 

"Don't tell me what to do..." he muttered and took another shot of pure vodka.

"Gikwang , listen to me. You're so going to regret this when you wake up. Now stop trying to cover up your pain with alcohol!" I snatched his vodka bottle and walked away from him. 

"Give it back, Hyunseung!" I heard him yell from across the room. I chuckled "Yeah, and let you either die from alcohol poisoning or keep you trying to cover the pain? I don't think so." I walked into the bathroom and dumped out the alcohol. The footsteps of him coming near got louder and quicker.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THAT'S MY FAVORITE VODKA!" he tried to stop me from dumping it, but it was too late. All of it was gone.

"You bastard..." he muttered and glared at me. 

"I'm only helping you, Gikwang. We've been best friends since middle school. You're drunk and you're getting out of control. Now let's get you off to bed.." I said trying to lead him out of the bathroom, but he only fought back. 

Gikwang shoved me away from him and said "NO. You don't understand my pain! You don't understand anything! It's all because you live a FANTASTIC life. No worries at all. You got the looks, the personality, the money, the intelligence, the EVERYTHING..." he then snatched the empty bottle from my hands.

"Gikwang, don't do this-"  

"No... I'm sick of this. I'm sick of falling for the wrong people... I'm sick of getting hurt in the end. Why...? Why am i so naive and easy to be manipulated...?" I watched him fall to his knees and break down. 

"Why can't I just have a normal life, like you? Why can't I be normal? Find a girl who actually loves me. A girl who won't hurt me, use me, and abuse me? Why... Why am I like this? Why am I such a monster..?" he began to sob. The bottle clanked when it rolled onto the ground and out of his hands. I didn't know what to do. I've never seen him break down like this in a long time.                                                                                                                                                    

I knelt to the ground and hugged him "Gikwang, you're not a monster. You're not naive and easy to be manipulated. One day, you will find that girl, as will I. We'll both find our one girl. I promise you, Gikwang, I promise." Gikwang looked up at me with red eyes and nodded. 

"Now let's get you upstairs...." Helping him up, I let him put his arm around my shoulder for support and we walked upstairs to his bedroom.

*

It had been 2 hours, and he was now asleep. I lef this apartment after putting a cup of water and aspirin on his nigh stand for when he wake up with a killer head ache. I've seen him at his lowest, but this was probably the lowest he has been in a longtime. He was sick and tired of girls hurting him. I wouldn't blame him. But would it be bad if I said that it was his fault for opening up so easily?

This time, he went off because his girlfriend of 9 months has broken up with him on their anniversary for another guy. She had told him that he hated how over protective he was and that she didn't love him like she used to. Not like she lived him in the first place. So she found a new 'love' and left. 

I must admit, it was somewhat heartless and harsh to actually break up with your partner on your anniversary. So Gikwang being extra emotional was understandable. But him trying to drink away his pain isn't. He does this all the time. When he gets mad, depressed, frustrated, or hurt, he will drink. Then goes off onto tantrums and vents out his anger. As being his best friend, of course I've tried to stop this habit of his. But it's as if I can't. Maybe it is too late. But I can't stop now. I have hope in him. 

One day, he will find that one girl that will change his ways. Show him that he doesn't need the burning of alcohol running down his throat to coat the pain he has in his heart. That girl will bring him back, bring back the best friend I used to know. The man who brought smiles and laughter where ever he came and went. Bring back that genuine smile I miss so much. Nowadays, he puts on fake smiles. But it's not fooling anyone. Especially me.

He's changed so much, and it's frightening. It's as if I don't even know him anymore, which scares me the most. I hope that girl comes along soon. He deserves it. Someone that will stay with him, and not leave. Just someone.

 

Gikwang

I woke up with an intense headache tearing my brain apart. I groaned and opened my eyes.

What happened last night?

I looked to my right to see a tall glass of water, 2 aspirins, and a note. Using all the strength and resistance to go back to sleep, I turned over on my right and took the note in hand.

'Gikwang, those are for your killer headache when you wake up. You can thank me later - Hyunseung' 

Chuckling I crumpled up the note and thew it god who knows where. I took the aspirin and water and fell back into my bed. Closing my eyes, I tried to remember what happened last night.... I remember being in a bathroom and yelling. I also remember lots and lots of alcohol. The rest was a bit of a haze and caused my headache more pain. No more thinking, just rest... So I went back to sleep, or tried.

I managed to fall back asleep with that terrible headache. But thanks to my phone ringing in my ear, it slowly came back, but not as bad. Slowly geting up, I turned off my phones alarm and realized it was time to go to work. Great.

Stumbling a bit, I took a shower then fixed my hair. I got dressed into a fresh, deep red vneck and a blasck blazer on top. I snugged into a pair of jeans and some black dress shoes then walked downstairs with my phone and wallet in my pocket. It was annoyingme what happened last night because I knew something didn't go well. I'll ask Hyunseung later when I see him tonight. I got into my car and drove off to the club. 

*

 

A/N: Hey, so this is my first fanfic that I'm actually putting up on a site. I actually have sooooo many but never put them on here. Meh oh well. This is somewhat of a short chapter and is a bit boring. I hope to make the next chapter much more excited and more intense. And maybe a bit... y. 

I feel as though I made this chapter a bit.. KiSeung-ish. LMAO. AS I WAS WRITING IT I COULDN'T HELP BUT THINK OF THAT. ASKJFSDLKG. So yeah. THIS IS NOT A STORY. But you probably already knew that. Okay, byeeee c: