FIVE

Saving Rapunzel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You say, I only hear what I want to,

And you say, I talk so all the time,

So?

Stay, Lisa Loeb

 

Three days after the nasty phone call, “It’s you” I heard her muttered under her breath as I approached her.

I pulled the bonnet I was wearing up to my eyebrows and tightened my coat, “Where’s Luhan?” she asked, grabbing her bag from the bench and walking towards me.

“Where is Luhan?” she asked again.

“He’s busy with some dance routines for the--”

“As always” she walked past me and I have no choice but to follow. She was wearing her school uniform and her hair was tied in a high ponytail.

Earlier, Luhan asked me to pick her up from school because he couldn’t. I was really, really hesitant at first but seeing the dark circles under his eyes made me realize that he’s just so tired and he can’t manage to make both ends meet for his sister and for our upcoming repackaged album. I had to nod.

I’m doing this as a favor for a good friend, but I’m starting to regret it. She’s still the same mean Ren I talked to three days ago. We walked side by side in silence and I’ve notice she’s gotten taller. Or is it just my imagination? How can someone be taller in a month? I even noticed she’s wearing mascara today. She was barely wearing makeup when I last saw her.

“Geez, Oh Sehun, are you smoking pot? Stop staring, it feels like you’re gonna me any second” she scoffed, looking straight ahead.

I averted my gaze in slight embarrassment and changed the topic, “Are you hungry?” it was about five in the afternoon I guessed, the sky was turning pinkish orange as the sun was about to set. Thank God, there aren’t many people walking with us today, that and I disguised myself pretty good.

“Of course I’m hungry, where do you think we’re going?” she looked weirdly at me and I realized we’re walking towards a convenience store. From outside, I can see a lot of college students eating and ordering, I almost panicked. Nothing’s more terrible than being spotted helplessly in public.

“Make it fast, I can’t afford to be mobbed” my lips pursed in annoyance.

She stopped and looked at me from head to toe, “Don’t worry, you’re not as famous as you think you are”.

---

She shut the door of the van

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter