THREE

Saving Rapunzel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Just dance, gonna be okay,

Da da doo doo

Just dance, spin that record babe,

Dada doo doo

Just Dance, Lady Gaga

 

We threw a party for her. Not really a we, it was more of they threw a homecoming party for her. Three days later, after the dance rehearsals, everyone went home early bought a nice cake, some drinks and invited Luhan’s sister in our condo unit.

“Metallurgical Engineering? Wow. Wow” I heard Xiumin exclaimed as he was talking to her on the couch. I wasn’t far away; everyone greeted and admired her like she’s a child prodigy or something. I’m not really in the mood to socialize with her.

Tao handed Ren a slice of cake, they started talking animatedly. Pure Chinese at that and I couldn’t understand a thing, but I think they’re getting along really well. In fact, she’s getting along well with all of them, except me. She’s acting nice and polite when she’s with them but cold and mean when we’re talking. What’s wrong with her?

I watched as the strands of her long, black hair brushes over Tao’s shoulder as she bent a little towards him and laughed in a high pitched tone. It was so annoying, even to my own ears. Tao was also laughing gingerly at whatever Chinese jokes they’re talking about.

As if I couldn’t watch any longer, I hurriedly went to the kitchen and poured myself some peach schnapps. I opened the glass doors leading to the balcony and leaned on the railings as I inhaled the slightly cold air, it was past seven and the view was spectacular- lights from the nearby buildings, and lights from the moving vehicles gave the city a vibrant and lively glow. My bare feet freezing over the chilly tiles but I don’t mind.

My thoughts went back to the unfinished music sheets lying peacefully on my bedside table. It’s okay, take your time. It’s not really that easy to compose a son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter