Part 6

You were the best gift

 

 

"Mother "

 

Although the tears threatened to came out, he kept his head high. He didn't want to lose face before the person who scorn and neglect him. His mother approached him with angry steps.

 

"Mother ..." he spoke, but was silent for a cold hand hitting on his cheek. He bit his lip, he was completely mad.

 

"Don't call me like that!" she saw him with a look of hatred.

Chanyeol turned to her as before: not to appear weak. He keeps the tears. Not worth it. He doesn't hate her, but neither loves her. For him, Karim was just the person who gave him life and was grateful for it, but nothing more.

"You're right.  'Cause you're not my mother, you never were..." Karim raise her hand again to try to give him another slap but Chanyeol stopped her hand in the air. "And I will not let you hurt me again!" he scream, scaring his mother. Then he released her hand tightly. "I'm leave." He turned to his grandmother "Bye Grandma" he smiled and kissed her, the old woman did the same.

Chanyeol passed by ignoring the presence of his mother. Before opening the door to leave that beautiful house, her mother shouts a few meters away.

"Wait!" Chanyeol stopped but kept his back "Is it ... true ... what I did hear?"

"Yes it's true. I will have a baby, and I will not left him/her... like you left me" after saying that he left the house and returned to his apartment.

 

 

He lay on his bed, closed his eyes and touched his stomach.

Should I tell him, baby? He thought Should I?

While he touching his stomach, he fell asleep.

 

 

It was Saturday, Kris went to the hospital it was day of review. After that, the idea was to go to unsubscribe at the university and then go… to Chanyeol's home.

He took his cell and the results of his last blood test, then left.

 

"How long, doctor?"

"Less than three months"

Kris closed his fists tightly, had to be strong, he knew this would happen but… so soon? I mean, three months?

"I'm so sorry," said the Doctor.

"I knew something like this would happen, I just not expected to be so soon ..."

After talking with the doctor about the medications, which could eat and what not, and things like that, he left the hospital, obviously depressed. He went to college to do all the paperwork and stuff, he hoped with all his heart that secretaries will take as long as possible, he really wanted to delay his visit Chanyeol's department. Unfortunately, all lasted less than him expected.

With slow steps he went Chanyeol's department.

 

 

Inside

 

I'll tell him, I will not tell him ... I'll tell him, I will not tell him. Chanyeol asked to a flower as he removed each of the petals. At the end, he despair and throw the flower, or what was left of it anywhere.

"I must tell him anyway"

He said to himself. He get out of bed and headed to the door, but, fortunately or unfortunately, there was...

 

Out

 

Kris keep the blood test in one of the back pockets of his pants, raise his hand to knock but his hand stopped just a few inches before doing so.

Really ... I have to? He thought.

He inhaled.

Exhale.

Yes. I do

Again raise his hand before repeating the action but before his hand closer, the door opened, revealing Chanyeol, his precious Chanyeol that somehow looked more beautiful than usual.

"Kris?" asked surprised

"Ummh ... Hello?" he greeting doubtful

"Hello. W-what are you doing here?" Kris took courage to answer his question

"I have something to tell you ..." Chanyeol nodded.

"Come in" requested.

 

They sat on the couch; none speak until the younger broke the tense atmosphere.

 

"I too…have to tell you something ..."

"What's it about?"

"You first."  Kris was not even completely sure he wanted to tell him ... yet.

"Chanyeol ... first of all, I want you to know that what I do is not because I don't love you. No, I love you." He his cheek tenderly, "And I will always love you, come what may"

Chanyeol was afraid

"W-what happens, Kris ... and why did you say that?" his breathing became faster, like when he's nervous or scared. Kris took a deep breath.

"We have to break ...."

 

Break

 

Break

 

Break