First Weekend on the Block: Part I

Apartment Block B

Soomin laid in bed staring at the ceiling. My first day off. She yawned then rolled towards her phone. Nine…I got to sleep in finally. The last three days of Soomin’s first week past well. She finished her first project and completed a second one. Joonhyun told her starting next week she’d be given a full load.

Soomin stretched out on her bed, I never got around to the store luckily I got a key to Taeil’s apartment. He’s been so nice. It’s a good thing I finally started making it up to him with dinner on Wednesday. I should definitely go to the store. Oooh, I can get stuff to make him a batch of cookies.

Soomin got up from her bed and went to the kitchen. I’m hungry, what to eat? She looked in the fridge for food. She smiled when she saw the leftovers from the night she had spent with the daejang and P.O. He had invited her to watched dramas with him and the daejang on Thursday.  

 

“You watch dramas?”

“Yea, my aunt got me into them… but she only likes the ones with action. If someone isn’t getting beaten up, she gets bored.”

“Pfft…I could see that.” Soomin nodded.

 

 Daejang’s kimchi was so good, and P.O was so cute when he fell asleep.

 

A soft sound caught Soomin’s ears. What is that sound…I know it…oh, oh, phone. She ran to her bedroom and hopped over the bed. The phone was vibrating announcing a text from P.O. ‘Good morning! Are you doing anything today?’ Soomin replied, ‘No. Why?’ She got a glass of water while waiting for a reply text.

 

Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong, Ding-Dong

 

Soomin looked towards her door. Did he show up…? She opened to door to see a crowd of people. I don’t even know this many people…

“Hey!” Zico pushed his way past the crowd and walked in. He was carrying a grocery bag.

“Hi…uh, what’s going on?” She asked the crowd after she watched Zico set the bag on the counter.

“Party!” A redhead shouted. He stumbled and almost fell into her apartment. Ddong had pushed Yukwon inside.

“For noona.” Ddong added as he and Yukwon disappear into her kitchen.

Soomin laughed, “Ah…”

“Babos!” The daejang walked in. “We’re here to welcome you officially to apartment block b. I brought you some kimchi as a welcoming gift.”

She pushed a large container into Soomin’s hands. Holy …it’s heavy. There must be a gallon here.

A middle aged man and woman stepped through the door next. The woman was holding a plate of some sort of baked goods.

“Hello, we’re Ddong’s parents.” The woman said.

Soomin snorted, “Even you call him Ddong?”

“Where do you think it came from,” the man smiled.

A howl of laughter came from inside Soomin’s apartment. She glanced over to see the daejang cackling in a chair.

“Here, I’ll take that in for you,” the man offered.

“Thank you,” Soomin replied as the couple continued into the kitchen.

“Wow, don’t you look y,” Kyung smirked at Soomin.

She looked down at her pajamas then around her face for the tangled mess. Kyung laughed when Soomin grumbled.

“Yah, hyung, hurry,” P.O groaned from the hall. Kyung moved into Soomin’s apartment to get out of the way. Taeil followed Kyung in carrying a basket. She smiled at him as he passed inside.

P.O stood behind him holding a box.

“Ah, my boxes!” Soomin smiled. “They arrived?”

“Yea, there is a couple more the office.”

“Yes!” Soomin sighed. “Here, bring it into my room.”

 

 

“Shall we get the rest of the boxes really quick?” Soomin started to walk out.

“Uh, sure…wait,” he grabbed her arm turning her towards him. “Your hair is a mess.”

He tried to run his hands through her hair but his fingers got caught. She laughed as she pulled his hands free from her hair. Soomin used a hair tie she had on her wrist to smooth her hair back into a bun.

“Let’s hurry and get the boxes so we can join the others,” She tugged P.O through her apartment.

P.O laughed as she pulled on him, “We’ll need some help. There are three left.”

“Where you two going?” The daejang eyed them suspiciously.

“To get my boxes, we’ll be quick. All of you make yourselves at home.”

Zico walked towards them, “Need another pair of hands?”

“Yes, thanks,” Soomin smiled. She pulled her shoes on as P.O and Zico stepped into the hall. She closed the door then bounced down the hall past them. “I finally get my stuff. I’m so excited!”

They were laughing when they finally caught up with her at the elevator. Soomin pushed them on the elevator. When the doors closed she put both her hands on the elevator walls.

“Please take us straight to the first floor.”

The elevator dinged a response. The doors opened on the second floor and an old man hobbled on with a cane.

“Damn,” she mumbled.

Zico and P.O laughed as they made room for the old man.

The old man looked towards Soomin who was standing in front of the buttons, “First floor please.”

She pushed the button again, “You heard him, first floor.”

Zico laughed even harder, “Are you talking to the elevator?”

Soomin turned towards him with a serious face, “This thing is possessed.”

The elevator dinged again opening on the fifth floor. An empty hall was behind the doors.

“See, it’s messing with us again.”

The old man scratched his chin then spoke, “Maybe try to persuade it…with singing…you know, tame the beast.”

“What?” She stared at the old man. Where the hell did that come from?

“Yea, hyung, you should rap to it.” P.O looked at Zico.

“Alright, drop a beat.” Zico cleared his throat.

 

 

The elevator opened its door to reveal the first floor. Soomin’s jaw dropped a little. Who would have thought, rap to an elevator and it will drop you off on the floor you want… P.O bust up laughing, “I bet it just wanted hyung to stop.”

 

 

They waited while the old man hobbled off the elevator. As soon as the old man was clear Soomin grabbed their wrists and dragged them to the office. She spotted her boxes and pounced on them. She lifted the first one she touched and headed back out the door.

“Hey, slow down,” Zico yelled at her.

Soomin stopped outside the door of the office. They picked up the remaining boxes then followed out behind her. As they walked to the elevator they noticed it still stood with its doors open.

“Do you think it’s been like that the whole time?”

“It’s probably still in shock from hyung’s rap.”

“Yah! What is that supposed to mean?” Zico pushed P.O with his shoulder.

The doors ding as they started to close.

“Ah,” Soomin quickly stepped between them.

 

 

The elevator took them directly to the third floor.

“Hyung, I think you scared it.” P.O laughed then rushed off the elevator.

“Yah!” Zico glared after him.

“It does seem to mind better now…” Soomin eyed the elevator as she stepped out in the hall.

“Not you too…” Zico sighed.

She laughed, “Maybe it’s in love with you.”

Zico looked at her then turned towards the elevator. She could see the side of his face as he puckered his lips.

“I love you, yeobo!” Zico finished with kiss sounds.

He jumped as the elevator dinged a response then closed and opened its doors.

“You don’t think it was talking back…” He looked at her for reassurance.

“Pfft…hahaha,” Soomin laughed down the hall towards her apartment. 

P.O made it to her door before them. She could see him push the doorbell. By the time they caught up the door opened. Taeil held the door open as the three of them walked in.

 

 

“Thank you!” Soomin smiled at P.O after they set the boxes in her room. As they walked out of her room, she looked around for Zico. I should thank him as well. She glanced back into her room. He was lying reclined on her bed smirking at her. Oh no…

“Something wrong?” P.O stopped walking.

“N-no. Tell everyone I’m going to get some clothes on then I’ll be out.” She replied as she stepped back into her bedroom.

P.O started walking away but stopped as a thought occurred to him. He turned to ask Soomin but her door was closed already.

 

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” Soomin whispered at the lounging Zico. She approached the bed. Better not get too close, she stopped leaving a few feet between them.

His smirk grew wider, “Waiting for payment. I did carry a heavy box.”

Soomin cocked her head, “And you want it right now?”

Zico simply nodded from the bed. She threw a glance towards the door.

“I don’t know if you know this but there is a group of people in my apartment waiting for us…”

“And…”

“Perhaps I’m mistaken about what you wanted as payment?”

“No, you’re not.” Zico replied smirk still in place. “You didn’t come in here to pay me though, you came to change your clothes so go about you business.”

Soomin eyes widened and she felt her jaw drop a little. She quickly closed and squinted a glare at him.

“Alright, alright…I’ll leave.” Zico got up from the bed. He paused at the door looking back at Soomin, “I still want payment.”

Before she could reply, Zico closed the door. He walked out into the living room. P.O glanced at him.

“Where were you, hyung?”

“Ah, bathroom.”

 

 

Soomin opened one of her boxes and pulled out an outfit. She quickly pulled it on and checked her hair. Ah hell…just leave it. Soomin check for eye boogers then left her room. She walked part of the way into the living room. As she looked at the crowd in her apartment she smiled. This is a pretty good start.

The man who said he was Ddong’s father was the first to notice Soomin.

“So you’re Ddong’s wife,” He got up from where he had been sitting, “Aish, you’re so pretty, maybe too pretty for our son. Thank you so much for settling with him even though he still has much growing to do.”

“Uh, actually, I’m n-” Soomin stopped when she saw Ddong waving from behind his father. “Could you excuse me for a second?”

The man nodded in response. Ddong had moved towards the hallway to her bedroom. He quickly retreated to her bedroom.

“Noona!” He ran and wrapped his arms around her. “For my parent’s sake, please be my wife.”

“Yah!” Soomin pushed Ddong’s face away from her chest. “If you stop that, I’ll consider what you have to say. I’ve been meaning to talk to you about this for awhile.”

“Yay, so you’ll marry me?” He smiled at her hopefully.

Soomin sighed, “Since your proposal was so romantic…and as long as you don’t interfere with my dating life, I’ll be your wife.”

“That sounds like an open marriage…I’m not sure I want my wife doing such things.”

“You could look at it like that, but technically we’re not married, so…”

“Yeah, yeah, I know but my father, he needs to know that I’m taken care of…otherwise he won’t rest peacefully and will comeback to haunt all the girls who rejected me.” Ddong stared intently at Soomin.

She laughed while grabbing his hand and walking back into the living room.

“I would like to officially announce we’re married!” She raised Ddong’s hand up to show the others.

“What?!” Zico and P.O yelled together.

Zico glared, “Every cute girl that comes here, you take.”

“How do you even do it?”

Ddong wiggled his eyebrows then raised and lowered his hand along his body, “How could the ladies resist this.”

A chorus of laughter rang out in Soomin’s apartment. The only one not laughing was Ddong.

“Did you blackmail her into this?” Ddong’s mother blinked at her son.

His father ran up and threw his arms around the two of them, “Who cares we have a daughter!”

Ddong let go of her hand and pouted his way over to her table.

“Woman, get me some kimchi!” Ddong yelled at Soomin.

Soomin was about to open when the daejang and Zico smacked Ddong on the back of the head.

She snorted then looked around at everyone, “So…we are going to share a meal, right?”

“What do you think we’re here for?” the daejang blinked at her.

Soomin laughed, “Alight, alright.”

She went to her fridge and opened it, “Oh, should I put on some music?”

“With what stereo?” Yukwon smiled at her.

She squinted at him, “There’s one in my boxes, but it needs to be set up.”

“I’ll do it.” Zico offered.

“Hyung, I’ll help you.” P.O nodded towards Zico.

“Until it’s set up, someone should entertain us.” Kyung looked around.

The daejang opened and attempted what Soomin thought was singing.

“Ah, I-I think my ears are bleeding.” She collapsed onto the floor holding her hands over her ears. Soomin heard loud burst of laughter coming from the boys.

“I meant Taeil.” Kyung grumbled while rubbing his ears.

Taeil looked up from his phone, “What?”

“You sing?” Soomin smiled expectantly.

“Ah, I’ll get my guitar.” Yukwon jumped up. “I’ll be right back.”

“You’ll find out when he gets back.” Taeil smiled.

 

 

P.O and Zico had entered her room to find the stereo ten minutes earlier. What are they doing? There are only four boxes. Ddong’s mother had cut up food while Soomin cooked it on the stove. Maybe I should go check on them, Soomin glanced down the hall.

“Ddong, will you watch this?” She handed the spoon she was using to him. “I’m going to see what is talking them so long.”

As she approached her room she could hear their voices.

“Hyung, look what I found.”

Soomin snuck quietly behind P.O, “Hmm, what did you find?”

He jumped dropping what he was holding back into the box. She glanced around to see all the boxes opened. Most of the contents of the boxes were now lying around her room.

“S-s-soomin…haha, we were…” Zico cleared his throat while glancing around at he damage they did, “…uh, unpacking for you.”

“Yea…” P.O nodded.

“Ah…” Soomin nodded slowly. “How nice. Did you find the stereo?”

“Sort of,” Zico held up a speaker. “Not sure where the rest is now…it was all packed together, but when we started to go through your stu- I mean, unpack for you, and it got lost again.”

P.O smiled cutely trying to look innocent. Zico looked down guiltily at the speaker in his hands. Soomin was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. Yukwon poked his head in.

“Hi, I got my guitar.” Yukwon looked around the room. “Wow, did you have a party while I was away?”

“Not me,” Soomin got up and walked towards Yukwon. “If you guys get tired of looking for the stereo come out and enjoy the live entertainment.”

Yukwon laughed as Zico and P.O jumped up.

“It’s a lost cause.” Zico sighed.

P.O coughed through a laugh.

Soomin smirked and nodded, “Yea, uh-huh.”

 

 

As Soomin and Ddong’s mother finished cooking, Yukwon started playing a song on his guitar. When she heard Taeil start singing she was shocked. Soomin turned to make sure it was coming Taeil. She stood still while she listened. A soft laugh came from Ddong’s mother when she realized Soomin stopped to listen to Taeil. She let Soomin listen while she set the table. 

 “Wow,” Soomin ran over and hugged Taeil when he finished. “That was amazing.”

He laughed, “Thanks.”

“Alright everyone food’s ready.” Ddong’s mother announced.

Everyone gathered around the table grabbing food. There weren’t enough chairs so everyone spread out. The daejang, Ddong’s father and Zico sat and argued at the table. Kyung leaned against the counter watching them. Taeil, Ddong and his mother sat on the couch. Soomin found a spot on the floor against the wall. Yukwon finished serving himself last. When he saw Soomin against the wall, he sat next to her.

“What do you think of your welcoming party?” He asked then took a bite of food.

Soomin smiled as she surveyed her apartment, “Ah, it’s awesome. I’m so grateful.”

“Oh,” Taeil stood up suddenly. “I almost forgot.”

He went over to the counter and brought the basket he had been carrying earlier to Soomin.

“Welcoming present.” He smiled as handed it to her.

“Me too. Me too.” Zico ran over with his grocery bag.

Soomin pulled a sack of sugar out of the grocery bag. She looked up at Zico laughing. He smirked back at her then wiggled his eyebrow.

“Honestly I always run out, so now I can come bug you as well as Taeil.”

Soomin rolled her eyes as she picked up the basket. She pulled out a bottle and turned it around to read it. Is it face soap? It is. She let out a small squeal. She pulled out the rest of the bottles. Shampoo, conditioner, body soap, oh my. A lufa and tooth paste.

Soomin tackled Taeil, “You’re the best. Everything I needed. Thank you.”

 

 

After a couple hours almost everyone had left her apartment. She had thanked everyone as they left. When the daejang was ready to leave P.O told her to go on ahead of him. Soomin pressed her lips together but a smile forced it way on her face.

“What are you smiling about?” His voice was a deep rumble as he walked towards her.

“Everyone being so thoughtful.”

She back up slowly matching his pace.

“You did pay them with food.”

Soomin’s back touched the wall. P.O continued to approach her until there was only a small space between them.

“Hmm, that’s true.” Soomin nodded as he leaned forward.

P.O’s face was close enough for their noses to touch. He shifted so he could reach her lips. A soft kiss made Soomin close her eyes. Cold air made her open them again. 

He pulled back smiling, “Welcome to block b.”

Then he walked out her door. Soomin stared straight ahead looking at the space where he had been in. She blinked and looked around her apartment. Her eyes went wide when she saw Zico looking at her. She in a breath as he walked over to her his face angry. He stepped in front of her and put an arm on the wall next to her.

“I was thinking I needed some sugar…but it looks like you already gave some to P.O.”

“I…uh…” Soomin sighed. I didn’t do this on purpose. “I didn’t do it on purpose.”

“Oops, my lips accidentally touched his,” he mocked.

“No, not that part, I meant liking both of you.” 

Zico scoffed, “Oh, and I thought I was a player.”

“I-I never thought about him when I was with you and vice versa…I wasn’t trying to hurt you…I didn’t even realize until now.”

“Ah, that’s nice.” His anger faded then changed into something else. “If you want to play, then let’s play.”

“Wha-”

Soomin was cut off by Zico’s lips. He pressed his mouth hard into hers. There was a tugging at the back of her head then pain. She felt Zico’s hand tighten in her hair. Warmth spread down her body as his body pushed her into the wall. He bit her lips and she opened to protest. His tongue met hers. She put an arm on his hip and a hand in his hair. She pulled his hair and he allowed his head to follow.

“Harder.” His eyes gleamed.

Soomin blinked as his mouth found hers again. Okay, not the reaction I was expecting. She squeezed his hip digging her fingers in. She felt his response as he ground his hips into her. She opened hoping he wouldn’t bite her lips again. Zico laughed at her reaction. He on her bottom lip then stepped away.

Before Zico stepped out the door, he stopped and smirked at her, “What was it that he said, oh yeah…Welcome to Block B.”