Haeun on the Block 2.0

Apartment Block B

Soomin had forced herself to concentrate on her work. It had taken more self control than she knew she had. Despite her state of mind she was able to get a good amount of work done. It wasn’t until a knock on the door that she realized it was lunch time. Soomin felt excitement mixed with a bit of dread run through her. Calm down, she told herself before calling for the person to enter. Haeun burst through the door smiling.

“Hi!”

Soomin laughed, “Hi…I have never been so glad to see you.”

“Oooh, this sounds interesting.”

“Aha…yes, want to go out for lunch?”

“Yeah, I was going to ask you the same. There is a really good place around the corner.” Haeun motioned for her to hurry.

“Okay, okay.” Soomin quickly got up gathering her stuff.

 

 

They walked to the restaurant since it was so close. As they headed for it Haeun glanced sideways at Soomin.

“So?”

“Well…” Soomin hesitated, “Uh…haha.”

“Gah, just tell me.”

“Uh…IhadwithKyungintheoffice.”

“What? Was that even a language?”

“You heard me.” She was resistant to saying it again.

“Ha, yeah, I heard ‘Ihaxthkyuteffis.’”  

“Alright,” Soomin paused in front of the restaurant door squeezing her eyes shut. “I had with Kyung in the office.”

“WHAT?!” Haeun threw her hands up. “What! What does that even mean?”

“Well, is whe-”

“Soomin!”

“Nae, mom?”

“I can’t believe you.” Haeun stepped back and started examining Soomin. “You, naughty girl.”

Soomin laughed then pulled the door open. Haeun followed after her shaking her head. A waiter led them to a table and handed them menus. They sat down looking over the menus in silence. The conversation didn’t continue until after they ordered. Soomin looked slowly at Haeun who was staring intently at her. She laughed nervously as she waited for her friend to say something.

“Alright, let’s start with...how was it?”

Soomin smiled at the question, “ing good.”

“Ha! Better be with the risk of getting caught. Why the office?”

“It was spontaneous. He just walked in this morning and…”
“What position?”

“He ate me out...at my desk.” Soomin remembered what Kyung said as he left, “That reminds me, he said something weird to me as he left. After he finished I could see he was and I asked if he was leaving. He said something about me using a voice and he was trying to give me a gift? I don’t really understand what he was saying.”

Haeun scratched her chin thoughtfully, “Hmm, voice, gift? Did your voice sound y or something?”

“Uh, sounded raspy, I guess.”

“Maybe he liked the sound of it, and if he was maybe he wanted to continue…but he said gift? Maybe he’s trying to seduce you?”

“Ha, we’re way past that.”

Haeun rolled her eyes, “So how did this come about?”

“He invited me to breakfast this morning which he made himself and then just asked me…point blank.”

“Wow. I mean Kyung’s pretty flirtatious but he seems like someone who would use cheesy pick-up lines or something standard. Not bribe women with homemade meals.”

“He didn’t need to bribe me, though the large breakfast was a bonus.”

Haeun laughed, “Okay, one more question, where does this leave you with Zico and P.O?”

Soomin’s eyes went wide, “I-I don’t even know.”

“The way I see it, if you’re willing to sleep with Kyung but not Zico and P.O maybe you’re not supposed to be with either of them. If you really wanted to be with them would you have risked your relationships with them?”

“No…I wouldn’t have.”

“I’m not saying you like Kyung but you definitely were trapped between those two. Kyung just gave you an easy way out.”

Soomin nodded, “I think you’re right.”

“Of course, I am. I’m Haeun.”

“Haha, yeah, okay. You win.”

“How are you going to tell them?”

“I should do it soon…but should I tell them at the same time or alone?”

“I think alone-”

“I don’t know if I trust myself to say what needs to be said. What if they don’t let me talk? I feel like doing it with both will just make it quicker and more concise.”

“Sounds like you know how you want to do it.” Haeun smirked.

“Will you come spend the night tonight?”

“Hmm? Why?

“Uh…I want a way to make myself follow through with it today. If I have you there as a reminder, to push me, I’ll do it. You don’t have to say anything or even be in the same room. I just want someone to be responsible to…”

“Okay, but you have to do it early so we can have lots fun before work tomorrow.” Haeun grinned at Soomin mischievously.

“What are you thinking?”

“Oh…just a little soju maybe…”

Laughter erupted from their table, startling people around them.

“Okay…okay,” Haeun wiped at an invisible tear. “Do you want me to give you a ride home? I’ll have to stop at my house and get some things.”

“Yeah, that would be good. I don’t think riding home with Kyung is a good idea.”

“It’s not?” A smirking Haeun looked at her.

“Ha, not if you want to see me tonight,” Soomin replied.

Another loud burst of laughter filed the restaurant.

Haeun glanced at her phone checking the time, “Ah, we should pay the bill and head back.”

 

 

The end of the day came and Soomin wrapped up the last of her work. The door opened as she turned off her computer. Kyung smirked at her as he pulled his keys out.

“Want a ride?”

“I need to take care of…some things.”

Kyung raised an eyebrow, “Things.”

“Zico and P.O, I don’t want to be the rope in their game of ‘Tug-of-War’.”

“I see,” he nodded.

“Haeun is going to give me a ride home and spend the night.”

Soomin looked at Kyung watching for his response. He shifted leaning against the wall the muscles in his jaw tightening.

“You sure know how to test a man’s patience.”

“You’re like a kid who had his toy taken away.”

“No, you’re not my toy. You’re my playmate and you’re mom came to pick you up before we finished playing.”

Soomin laughed as soon as the words left Kyung’s mouth. He looked and sounded like a little kid pouting.

“Okay, sorry to cut our play date short,” Soomin stood walking around the desk heading to the door to leave, “but I really need to do this.”

She felt something press into her stomach as her fingers touched the door handle. Kyung had an arm out in front of her. Soomin felt him push against her and she went backwards. He swung her around and pressed her into the wall. His lips pressed lightly into her neck as a hand ran up her thigh. Her heart started pounding.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay and play?”

Soomin tried to keep her breathing calm while she tried to figure out what to say.

“It would be easy...since you’re still not wearing underwear…”

His hand slid between her legs as he finished the last word. They both jump as the door swung open violently. Haeun walked in with a hand over her eyes.

“I know this is an intense moment and normally I wouldn't interrupt but I feel like with what we were discussing earlier this was the appropriate thing to do. If you want me to leave, just say so…”

“…n-no…” Soomin’s reply was almost a whisper.

Kyung pushed away from her chuckling. He sat against the edge of her desk watching them. Haeun continued to keep her hand over her eyes as Soomin pushed away from the wall.

“Looks like your mom’s here.”

Soomin looked at Kyung with a smile, “Yeah, guess we’ll have to play some other time.”

She grabbed Haeun’s free arm and walked out of the office. Kyung watched them leave.

“Better be soon, Soomin.”