Busy Day on the Block

Apartment Block B

 

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Be-

This was the third time Taeil heard the alarm go off. It belonged to room seventeen. Soomin, you’re gonna be late for your first day. Taeil sat in his kitchen debating if he should go check on her. Hope you’re a breakfast person. He stood and quickly made some food. Taeil slipped into a pair of shoes and carried Soomin’s breakfast over to room seventeen.

 

A ringing started through the apartment. Soomin swatted at her phone but the sound continued. She sat up suddenly, doorbell? After falling off the bed and stumbling toward her door eyes still crusted shut, she pulled the door open slowly.

“Mmmm, who is it?” Soomin mumbled at the doorway.

A laugh came from the hall, “You’re in worse shape than I expected. No worries though, I made you breakfast.”

Soomin forced her eyes open catching glimpses of Taeil. Holding breakfast? Just when I thought he couldn’t get any hotter.

“In?” Soomin asked stepping back.

“Haha, is this how every morning is for you?”

“Yes?”

“Is that a question…ah, just come sit down.”

Taeil sighed putting a hand on her back and pushing her towards the table. He closed the door with his foot then finished escorting Soomin to the table. As she sat down, the aroma of breakfast made its way to her nose. As soon as Taeil put a spoon in her hand, Soomin began eating. Taeil pulled his phone out checking the time.

“I don’t know when you have to be to work but I have to leave in fifteen minutes.”

Soomin shoved a spoonful of food into as Taeil talked. She reached over turning Taeil’s phone towards her checking the time.

“Mmph, buhsh, eif cahsh buhsh.” Soomin jumped with a full mouth.

Taeil watched as Soomin ran towards the hall but quickly returned to shove more food into . He sat with a smirk as he heard her bang around the apartment returning to only to jam as much food that would fit in. She finally came out with her hair pulled up into a bun wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Soomin ran over to Taeil and squished his cheeks together.

“I have no work clothes. I thought my boxes would be here so I didn’t back anything with me. I sent them three weeks ago. THREE WEEKS. That’s long enough, isn’t it?” Soomin started sulking away but turned back around, “You will forget you even saw me in just a tank top and underwear.”

“It’s a hard image to forget,” Taeil teased, “but the knotted braid and eye boogers will help.”

Soomin scrunched her face at the image that popped into her head.

“That is if you eating habits don’t do it first.” Taeil laughed, “Last night you were so clean but I have seen how you really are… a beast with a big mouth.”

She turned her face towards him sticking her tongue out. Soomin returned to the bathroom checking her clothes. Gah, a t-shirt. None of the stores are open this early. I just need something to make it look like I attempted.

“I’m going to have to leave.” Taeil called from her kitchen.

Soomin quickly ran out, “I have a favor to ask…and since I’ve already imposed on you this much, could I maybe borrow a button-up shirt?”

Taeil smiled slowly, “You own me.”

“Ah, thank you, thank you” Soomin nodded and smiled gratefully.

“I'll go get it.”

Soomin checked the time when Taeil left. , I need to go now. Soomin gathered her purse scooping up her keys as she ran for the door. The door to room eighteen opened shortly after she knocked.

“Here yo-”

Soomin hugged Taeil and took the shirt. She started running down the hall.

“Thank you, See you later.”

“Eat carefully.” Taeil shouted while laughing. Forget what I saw, huh… I think I like it too much to do that…

 

Soomin hit the elevator button as many times as was humanly possible. While waiting she stripped her t-shirt off and slid into the button-up shirt. It was a simple black shirt. Soomin was working with the buttons when the elevator dinged. She stepped on glancing up to see a guy. Everyone is getting a peepshow to day. She closed the front of the shirt by scrunching it into her hand. Soomin turned away form the guy as she finished buttoning. The guy looked over at her then let out a small laugh.

“Is something wrong?” Soomin looked over at him. Yah, another looker…how can there be so many attractive men in one building? The guy had brown hair and was wearing a gray suit. It fits him so well…y businessman…laughing at me, Soomin scoffed.

 

              

 

“I didn’t mean to offend you, it’s just that…here let me help you.”

As the guy moved in front of Soomin, he reached toward her chest. Skipping first and going for second already. He undid one of her buttons while adjusting her shirt. He rebuttoned it in the correct hole. He continued this until the shirt was properly aligned. Soomin laughed touching her hand to her forehead. That is what he meant…we’re not even in the same ballpark.

“You thought I was going to do something else, didn’t you?” The guy smirked hotly.

“If you keep smiling like that I might continue to misunderstand.”

“We could, you know,” he leaned forward bringing their faces closer. “We’d have time with the way this elevator has been acting.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, if you wanted, we could against the wall or on the floor-”

“No, no, about the elevator.”

“What floor did you get on from?”

“Third, why?”

“I don’t think the elevator is working right it should have taken me to the first floor before coming to the third.”

“Hmm…”

The elevator dinged with the number one lit up.

“You were making that up, weren’t you?”

“No, it really wasn’t working right.”

Soomin sighed stepping off the elevator. She waved to the guy before sprinting off. The guy stood watching her run towards the front of the building block. She’s new. I wonder if she’s Lee Soomin...

 

Soomin ran as fast as she could to the bus stop. There was a crowd waiting for the bus. Haha, I made it. Soomin bent over hands on her knees while catching her breath. She looked down the street past all the traffic and saw the bus coming. Money… She dug into her purse pulling out her wallet. The bus squeaked in front of the crowd. The doors opened allowing people to pile in. Soomin finally made it on the crowded bus. She reached above her grabbing the bar. As the bus made stops in the business district the crowd dwindled. Next stop I need to get off. The bus squeaked to a stop and Soomin stepped on the sidewalk. She checked the address of the building in front of her. Just a couple buildings down. Soomin walked down the street checking the numbers as she went. She entered a tall building. There was a listing of businesses on the wall when she first entered. Twelfth Floor…here I come! She boarded the elevator quickly hitting the button for the twelfth floor. Soomin saw her reflection in the walls. Gah, I wish I had better clothes. Jeans and converse…at least Taeil let me borrow a proper shirt. Soomin stared down at the shirt. I was in such a rush this morning. The elevator dinging and the doors opened.

Soomin stared at the closed door of her new workplace. Cleansing breath… Soomin took a deep breath sliding her hand over the door knob then opened the door. There was a secretary sitting behind a desk with office doors along the walls surrounding the desk. There were several chairs on the wall Soomin had entered through. She approached to secretary smiling.

“Hi, I’m Lee Soomin.”

“Ah, yes, Mr. Young will be out to show you around.”

“Alright, thank you. Soomin retreated to the chairs.

The secretary made a call on her phone then went into one of the offices. I talked to Mr. Young on the phone…ah, I hope he’ll forgive my clothes. Please be a kind and lenient boss. Soomin jumped with the secretary closed the door to the office she had been in.

“It’ll be just a few more minutes. He’s in the middle of a phone call.”

Soomin nodded to the secretary. Ten minutes past before one of the office doors opened and a middle aged man stepped out. He saw Soomin and smiled. After speaking to the secretary he approached Soomin.

“Hello, you’re Lee Soomin?”

“Yes, you must be Mr. Young.”

The man smiled shaking Soomin’s hand.

“I have to apologize for my clothes,” Soomin looked down at her attire, “I sent some boxes contain clothes weeks ago but they still haven’t arrived. I should have packed a work outfit but I expected the boxes to be here. I’m sorry, later today I buy more appropriate clothes.”

“Ah, well it’s no problem. It never fails to have something go wrong while moving.” Mr. Young nodded. “Honestly the design department is pretty relaxed. You just need to look clean.”

“Thank you for understanding.” Soomin bowed.

“Our design department is rather small. Your addition will extremely beneficial. Shall we get out with the tour?” Mr. Young led her out to the hall. “The company owns the whole floor, so each department of the business has its own office.”

Mr. Young took her around to meet everyone. They went through the different department offices. Most of the people blended together until Soomin saw a familiar face. y businessman…? The daejang’s voice sounded in Soomin’s head, “…but only two are staying with me including you…”

“Ah, Park Kyung,” Mr. Young called out to the y businessman. So he must be the other one. Park Kyung turned at his boss’s voice.

“Hello Mr. Young.” Kyung saw the woman from the elevator. I was right. She is Lee Soomin.

“This is our new employee for the design department, Lee Soomin.”

“Hello,” Soomin bowed.

“This one of our faces, Park Kyung,” Mr. Young smiled at Kyung, “He convinces people to do business with us.”

“Faces, sir?” Kyung gave his boss a suspicious look then bowing to Soomin, “Hi, I hope we can work well together.”

Soomin nodded about to respond but Mr. Young cut her off.

“Oh, Soomin do you have transportation?”

“I took the bus today, but I was going to look for a car as I saved up money.”

“Kyung, I put her in the same building as you, that old woman kept nagging me to send more people to her.”

Kyung laughed, “Yea, the landlord is quite the character.”

“Would you mind carpooling with Soomin until she gets a car. The bus is such a pain.”

“No,” Soomin cut in. I’m imposing on everyone. “I can’t impose on another person.”

“Yes, you can.” Kyung smiled at her, “It’s no problem, unless I scared you this morning.”

“You two met?” Mr. Young looked between his employees.

“Briefly.” Kyung laughed thinking about the misbuttoned shirt.

“We didn’t formally introduce ourselves.”

“I had my suspicions it was you though.”

“Ah, I see. You two can talk later about carpooling.” Mr. Young nodded. “Shall we continue our tour, Soomin?”

Mr. Young led her to an office with a sign that read ‘Design Department.’ Straight forward. He opened the door stepping through holding it for her. Soomin quickly slipped in. There was a large open area with three doors connecting to smaller offices. The lights were off in all but one small office. The large area had one desk with an occupant. A man about thirty sat at the desk focused on a computer. Holy …small? I think he meant it’s deserted…

The tour ended after Mr. Young introduced Soomin to her two department co-workers. The first was also a graphic designer named Cheolyong. The light in one of the smaller offices was that of her project manager, Joonhyun. When Mr. Young left Joonhyun showed Soomin to one of the offices. She was given the day to learn and explore the systems.

 

“Work is officially over and since it your first day you don’t have any overtime.”

Soomin looked up from the screen of the computer to see Kyung standing in the doorway.

“Ah, hi.”

“Come on, let’s go,” Kyung whined.

“Yea, yea, hold on.”

Soomin shut the computer down following Kyung out. Kyung lead her down to a parking garage below the building. He pulled a key out pressing a button and a car honked back. Soomin opened the passenger door and slid in.

“So,” Kyung glanced at Soomin as he drove out of the parking garage, “Any plans tonight?”

“Actually I’m going shopping with another tenant.” Soomin sighed, “I have no supplies and no clothes.”

“No clothes…that explains the jeans. Why didn’t you pack any?”

“I have several boxes on there way here but they still have yet to arrive.” Soomin mentally sighed. How many times do I have to say this…maybe the boxes will feel guilty for making me wait…if cardboard had emotions.

Kyung laughed, “I bet they arrived today.”

“Huh?” Soomin looked at Kyung as he drove. How did I end up with such a y coworker…who I will be carpooling with to work? On that note how did I get so many hot guys in one building? Maybe my boxes not arriving, is the cost for having so many hotties. If that’s the case I don’t ever need them to arrive. “That would just be cruel.”

 

When Kyung and Soomin arrived she checked the office for her boxes. Well, no luck there. The daejang Soomin into the block gossip. Kyung snuck out while Soomin was looking at the daejang. She heard laughter causing her to look around for Kyung who slipping out the door. He peeked his head around the door frame and stuck his tongue out at her. y bussiman is a goofball…a traitorous one at that. Soomin failed several times at excusing herself from the daejang’s office. After six tries she made it out. She glanced at the clock on her phone. Well, I burned forty minutes. Soomin walked into the courtyard eyeing the tables. There is no point in going up.. I could just hang out down here. Soomin bought a water from one of the vending machines then sat at one of the tables. The tables were circular and made out of concert with built-in benches. Soomin leaned forward putting her head on her arms. What a day…and still have yet to hang out with Zico. A person’s steps echoed in the courtyard. Soomin kept her head down until there a loud smack vibrating the table.

“Hey baby!”

Soomin jolted up to see Ddong smiling and leaning towards her form across the table. He slid around the bench sitting next to Soomin.

“I think I preferred it when you called me ‘Noona.’” Soomin looked at Ddong with dead eyes.

“Aww, come on, baby.”

Soomin reached over and started twisting her knuckles into Ddong’s temples.

“Aargh, fine, yes, Noona! Noona!”

Ddong continued to sit with her and bug her. They watched the people come back from work. He told her who they were and what floor they were on. One tall guy walked up to the snack vending machine.

“Noona, this guy is gold.” Ddong smirked. “Watch and I’ll get us some snacks.”

 

 

Soomin glanced at Ddong with suspicion but quickly looked back to the vending machine. The guy was placing coins in the slot. It looked like he was down to his last coin. As the guy started to put it in, it slipped out of the slot and rolled under the machine.

“Daebak.” Ddong whispered.

Soomin's brow furrowed, how often does he drop money? The guy quickly dropped to the ground trying to find the coin. She watched his bob in the air as he reached around under the machine.

“Alright,” the guy stood up speaking to the vending machine before walking off, “I’m gonna get some more money…wait for me.”

Ddong jumped up when the guy disappeared. He approached the vending machine while pulling out a coin from his pocket. Ddong inserted the coin punching the buttons. The vending machine pushed out a bright colored plastic wrapper. He came running back with a huge grin on his face.

“How many times have you done this?” Soomin stared into Ddong.

“At least once a week since I moved here,” Ddong replied while opening the package. “There is probably enough money under there to buy a meal.”

Ddong offered some of the snack to Soomin. She took some chewing slowly.

“Nooo!”

Soomin and Ddong looked back at the vending machine. The guy was hanging onto it and crying.

“You’re like a gold digger, you take all my money, but you, oh, you don’t even give me food. At least a gold digger would sleep with me.”

Soomin turned to a laughing Ddong, “Does he even know it’s you?”

“No,” Ddong laughed a reply, “He thinks the machine has a time limit on how long it will hold the money.”

“Who told him that, I wonder?”

Ddong grew silent next to her. Soomin watched the guy cling to the vending machine. I should pay him pack, since he inadvertently just bought our snack. She jumped up pulling her wallet out of her purse as she walked. Ddong tried to stop her but he quickly retreated.

“Excuse me,” Soomin approached to sobbing guy as he hugged the vending machine.

“Yes?” the guy moaned as he turned towards her.

“Uh,” Soomin stared at the guy’s face. H-he’s actually pretty…

“What’s wrong? Did you want a tasty treat from this machine? Well, be careful, she likes to tease…” The guy blew a kiss to the machine as he walked away.

Wait…I was gonna do something else…stare at his face…no…money was involved…buy him…no…

“Uh, wait,” Soomin returned from her head, “Do you need to borrow some money?”

The guy stopped and turned looking at Soomin with watery eyes, “Yes...”

“Alright,” She dug into her wallet pulling out some coins, “Here yo-”

The guy ran up throwing his arms around Soomin. Her face was buried in his chest. Tall…

He pulled her back to arm length away, “Thank you so much.”

Soomin laughed handing him some coins, “Is that enough?”

The guy nodded carefully putting them in the machine. He successfully put the money then pushed some buttons. The vending machine pushed out the same snack Ddong had chosen. After grabbing the snack, the guy stood up looking at Soomin.

“My name’s Jaehyo. Thank you so much…” Jaehyo paused waiting for Soomin to tell him her name.

“Soomin,” She smiled shyly. “You’re welcome.”

“Well, I’ll see you around, Soomin.” Jaehyo walked away waving before disappearing towards the elevator.

As Soomin returned to the table, she checked her phone. Ah, I only have few minutes before I meet with Zico.

“I’m going shopping,” Soomin looked at Ddong. “ I’ll see you later.”

“Wait, with who?”

“Zico…”

“Yah, don’t cheat on me, bab- Noona…” Ddong finished carefully.

“Pfft,” She laughed, “He’s hot but this is our first time hanging out. I’m not that kind of girl.”

“I’m trusting you by giving you a long leash.” Ddong scratched his chin nodding.

Soomin rubbed her knuckles into his temples again, “You’re doing what now?”

“Yah, Noona! I just want to you be faithful.”

“Tch…” Soomin scoffed, “Assuming I’m your girl…there is a huge age difference if you hadn’t noticed. Ah, I have to go…we’ll talk about this later.”

 

Soomin stood in front of the building for a few minutes before a small two door car pulled up. Its blue paint was peeling off along the hood. Soomin snorted as the brakes squeaked the car to a stop.

“Are you laughing at my car?”

“You sure this is your car?”

“Haha, no this is the rental. My nice one is in the shop.”

Soomin laughed as she slid in and buckled the seat belt.

“Sorry I’m a little late,” Zico tapped the clock on his dash board.

“I was too, Ddong was distracting me with his assumption.”

Zico bust up laughing, “I heard from him that you were his girl.”

“Ah, that…that…”

“Ddong…”

Soomin smiled then pouted her lips to the side. “I’m gonna get him.”

“You know he hits on all the pretty girls before the rest of us even get a chance.”

 

Zico pulled the car into the parking lot of a large store.

“This place has everything, from clothes to food.”

“Awesome, I need a little bit of everything starting with sheets.”

Zico led her to the bedding department. They walked down the aisles looking at different patterns.

“My place came with sheets, however, they were Hello Kitty…”

Soomin looked at him laughing, “No?”

“Yes, the whole place is Hello Kitty. The dishes, chopsticks, and even the bathroom…”

Soomin laughed, “That explains the sugar bowl.”

She found the cheapest sheets and picked out a green set.

“That was fast. Not even one with a pattern…like Hello Kitty maybe.” Zico shrugged.

“I gotta be tight with money until my first paycheck.”

“Ah,” Zico nodded. “What next?”

“I need a work outfit.”

“Ooh, I get to help right.”

Soomin smiled suspiciously at Zico’s grinning face.

 

Zico looked around the women’s business clothes Soomin following him.

“My boss said it could be causal, so nothing fancy and the cheaper the better.”

Soomin spotted a color button up shirt. I like his… Soomin tugged on Taeil’s shirt.

“Is that Taeil’s?” Zico whispered into her neck leaning into her from behind.

“Huh?” Soomin jumped. “Yea, how did you know?”

“Uh, well, I…” Zico stepped back rubbing his neck, “Lucky guess…”

Zico walked around the rack Soomin had been looking at.

“This one.”

Zico held up a purple short sleeved version of the shirt she had been looking at. Soomin nodded walking over to pick out one in her size. She put a hand on Zico and pushed him away.

“You can’t see my size.”

He laughed while backing away with his hands up. Soomin found her size and grabbed a larger one just to try on. She grabbed a pair of black slacks in her size and the next size up. She saw a rack of pajamas. She pulled off a matching set of blue polka dots in two sizes as well. The next rack over had large sleep t-shirts that would hit Soomin about mid-thigh. Something to do laundry in, I’ll need to wash the sheets and clothes for work.

“I’m gonna try these on,” Soomin called to Zico.

The larger shirt fit and her size in the pants fit. Soomin took the larger size in the pajamas. Gah, I dislike clothes shopping. Soomin walked out handing the clothes that didn’t fit to the employee. She thanked her then walked around until she found Zico.

“Alright, I think that’s it for non-edible supplies.”

As they walked out of the clothing department Soomin eyes were caught by bright colored underwear. Underwear…I definitely need some…not with him watching though…

“Uh, go ahead I forgot something. I’m gonna grab it real quick.”

Soomin looked for packages of underwear. She found several kinds with six colorful . She reached out hand slowing while trying to figure out which she wanted.

“Going to get the ones with a pattern?” Zico was pressed against her neck again.

Soomin jumped looking at him, “I-I told you to go ahead.”

“And miss this?” Zico looked up and down the aisle come back with a purple thong. “This one, so you don’t have lines under your slacks.”

Soomin stared at him with blushed cheeks. He stared back with a dirty grin on his face. She bit her lip then snatched the purple thong away. After grabbing a package of patterned underwear as well Soomin stalked out of the clothing department.

Zico caught up with Soomin in the produce section. She collected some fresh fruit. Zico picking out his own things as they went. They moved on to bakery. She picked out a loaf of bread. They walked down the aisles collecting mac’n’cheese and other easy foods. Zico stretched as they stood in line waiting to check out.

“Almost finished,” Soomin yawned, “What time is it?”

“It’s…” Zico looked at his phone, “Almost nine.”

“How did that take that long? It didn’t feel that long.”

“Time flies when you’re having fun?” Zico shrugged.

Soomin smiled, “Thank for taking me shopping.”

“Nah, I already said tha-”

“It would have been boring with out you, so thank you.”

Zico’s heart started to pound when Soomin looked up at him shyly through her lashes. Damn…this girl.

 

After Zico parked the car at their apartment block, Soomin pulled her key out. She slid three of her bags on one arm then grabbed the last four with her other hand.

“We can make two trips.”

“You only have four bags. It seems like a waste of a trip to come back.”

“Give me some of yours.”

“I got it.” Soomin smiled, “I’ll need someone to push the button in the elevator.”

Zico looked at her unconvinced.

“Two of these are filled with clothes and sheets. It’s fine.”

Soomin started towards the inner part of the building. Zico quickly closed the trunk following behind her. When they reached the elevator he pushed the button. It dinged its arrival to them. Zico went in first pushing the button for the third floor as she got on. Soomin leaned against the wall sighing. Ah, long day. Zico looked over at her then up at the floor indicator. The light was at the fifth floor. The elevator dinged and the doors slide open.

“What button did you push?” Soomin looked at the buttons where the three was still lit up. “Guess he wasn’t making it up.”

“Who making what?”

“Kyung said that the elevator skipped some floors but I thought he was making it up.”

“Hmm,” Zico leaned towards Soomin. “Since the elevator is giving me such an opportunity…”

Zico lightly kissed Soomin’s lips. He pulled back to read her face. Soomin opened her eyes looking up through her eyelashes again this time the shyness was gone. Zico in a breath at the boldness in her eyes. That’s hot. Soomin leaned her head forward pressing her lips against his. Zico pressed back into her playing with her lips until the elevator dinged.

“We’re on the third floor.”

“You sure?”

“My arms are going numb.”

“If it wasn’t for your arms I wouldn’t let you off this elevator.” Zico reached bag-filled arm between the doors as they started to close.

 

Soomin handed her key to Zico. Her arms started to shake when she attempted to unlock it herself. He stepped in holding the door with his foot. Soomin quickly dumped her stuff on the table. She took her key back from Zico before he walked back out the door. Zico turned back kissing her softly on the cheek. Soomin had started to turn towards his mouth but let his lips fall on her cheek. He smiled while nodding a goodbye. Ah…those lips… Soomin rested her head on the back of the front door. Laundry I should do it now so I can get some sleep before work.

Soomin took the sheets and underwear out of their packages and cut the tags off her clothes. She striped out of her current clothes and pulled on the large t-shirt. It hit her mid-thigh. It works for what I need. Soomin collected all her laundry into a bag. She glanced at her map checking for the laundry room before grabbing her purse and the laundry-filled bag and heading down to the first floor.

 

The laundry room was empty. When Soomin walked in, the wall she faced had a sink and counter that curved around so is was connected along all three walls. To her right was a washer and dryer and on the wall to her left was another washer and dryer. The middle of the room was taken up by an island for folding clothes. Soomin put her sheets in one washer and the rest of her clothes in the other. She set them on short cycles. The sooner I make it to bed the better.

Soomin pulled out her phone for the first time since she was in the courtyard with Ddong. A text from P.O. ‘How was your first day?’ She smiled as she typed a reply then sent it. Her phone buzzed with a new text from him. ‘You’re still awake? Where are you? Want to go to the convenience store on the corner for an ice cream?’ Soomin squealed out loud, he’s so cute. It’s good no one else was in here to hear that. She glanced around then quickly told him she was doing laundry. Soomin waited awhile but no reply came. She frowned at her phone then leaned back against the counter. The door squeaked causing her to look at it as P.O walked in.

Soomin laughed, “Hi.”

“You’re doing laundry already?” P.O teased, “I know girls go through clothes fast but isn’t this a little much.”

“None of my stuff is here.”

P.O nodded back to her as his lifted himself on the counter across the room from her. Soomin followed suited lifting herself onto the counter she was leaning against.

“I was gonna ask if there was time between the cycle to go for ice cream but I don’t think your dressed for public.”

Soomin looked down at the oversized shirt, “Pfft...yea, maybe tomorrow after work.”

“First day was pretty boring, huh?”

“Yea, I was just messing around in their systems. There are only two other employees in my department…My boss said he was hard up for new employees, but he wasn’t kidding.” She sighed.

“After work, anything interesting?”

“Hmm, well Zico took me to the store so I have some things for my apartment.”

“Ah, Hyung? He’s pretty cool.” P.O smiled.

“Yea, what did you do all day?”

“I did some work for one of the classes I’m taking and did some maintenance for a family on the second floor. Boring stuff…” He trailed off.

P.O suddenly stood up his cheeks pink. He walked over to where Soomin was sitting and placed an arm on the counter next to her. He leaned towards her bring his cheek to hers.

He whispered into her ear while tugging the shirt down over her knees, “You should be careful.”

Soomin’s hands shot down to the shirt.

“That’s embarrassing,” Soomin muttered also turning pink, “Thank you for telling me.”

“You shouldn’t be so careless around guys.”

Soomin laughed softly, “Like you would do anything…”

“You do know I’m nineteen, right?” P.O stood back looking her in the eyes a smirk taking over as his cheeks returned to normal.

Soomin felt herself go from pink to red. Only a year younger than me…that also makes him legal. The washers buzzed telling Soomin her clothes were ready for the dryer. P.O stood back awkwardly looking embarrassed. Pfft, he had me worried for a second there, but seeing him act innocent again…he’s too cute. She quickly busied herself with the laundry. When she finished switching both loads, Soomin noticed P.O back on his side of the laundry room. He kept her company after the dryers buzzed helping her fold the clothes. She took the stack of clean clothes and sheets putting them back in the back she brought them in. Soomin took the elevator up to her floor after making plans to get ice cream with P.O after work the next day.

 

Soomin threw the bag on her bed tugging the shirt off as she headed to the bathroom. She stopped in the doorway staring at the lone bar of soap waiting for her. Ooooh… Soomin banged her head lightly against the door. Shampoo… conditioner… body soap… face soap… lufa…tooth paste…tooth brush…These are just a few of my favorite things. How could I forget to buy them? Her cursing echoed off the tile in the bathroom. What the hell am I gonna do…? She stalked back into her room pulling the shirt roughly back on. Wait… Soomin looked toward the wall connected to the room next door. Maybe he’ll spare some shampoo? Soomin hastily ran next door grabbing a bowl on her way out. Please be awake.

 

Taeil opened the door to see a bowl. He was about to ask if Zico was out of sugar already when he realized there was no Hello Kitty. Wait…whose bowl is this? A black bun was the first thing Taeil saw as the bowl moved down. He laughed when Soomin’s face surfaced.

“Please share some shampoo…”

Taeil laughed even harder, “You brought a bowl for shampoo? I thought you and Zico were going shopping.”

“We did…I forgot to buy bathroom stuff.”

“Really,” Taeil continued to laugh but stopped when he saw Soomin pouting. “Why don’t you just use my shower? Then you won’t have to use bowls for the shampoo and conditioner and anything else you need.”

“I, uh, well…yea, thank you.” Soomin nodded cheeks flushing. I should just paint my cheeks pink. “I’m gonna get a change of clothes.”

“The door will be unlocked.”

 

Soomin returned with her clothes knocking briefly before opening the door. I can’t believe I’m taking a shower in his apartment… Taeil was sitting on the couch in front of the TV.

“Do you at least have a tooth brush?” He looked away from the TV.

She stood quietly, I don’t think that’s something I want to admit to not having. He sighed getting up and walking towards a hall off the living room. He waved to her to follow. She walked cautiously behind him. A light went on revealing a bathroom with a shower. A towel was sitting on the counter.

“You can use this,” Taeil nodded towards the towel as he dug around in a drawer. He stood up hold a package containing a tooth brush. “And your tooth brush.”

Soomin took it and started bowing, “Thank you so much. I owe you big time.”

Taeil laughed, “Zico says that all the time, but he pays me back. Don’t worry we’ll work out some way for you to pay me back.”

“Definitely! I will pay you back.” She nodded enthusiastically.

“Alright, enjoy your shower.” Taeil stepped out of the bathroom closing the door behind him.

 

Taeil sat on his couch after showing Soomin the bathroom. Just sit here. Just sit here. Don’t go in there. Just sit here. He continued to tell himself with the TV making noise in the background.

 

Soomin took a fast shower. Impose as little as possible. After getting dressed and brushing her teeth Soomin opened the door to Taeil’s apartment.

 

Taeil was passed out on the couch. Soomin smiled when she saw his chest rise and fall rhythmically. She found a piece of paper and wrote a ‘Thank-You’ note leaving it on the counter. She knelt next to the couch scooping her wet hair back before lightly kissing his cheek. Soomin left locking the door handle as she pulled the door closed.

 

When she got back into her apartment Soomin made her bed then face planted into her new sheets. Ah, soft. Thank you fabric softener. She grabbed her phone plugging it into the wall then set an alarm. Soomin rolled over letting exhaustion sweep her into sleep.