To Find the Answers

Framed

After second class, Yoona quickly gathered her stuff and rushed to the door. She patiently waited outside of her class as the rest of the students headed outside for some fresh air and to eat a few snacks. When Donghae came out of the classroom alone, Yoona quickly reached to grab Donghae's arm. However, she was interrupted when someone tapped on her shoulder. Yoona twirled around and widened her eyes.

"S-Siwon!" Yoona exclaimed. "Why…"

"I heard that you were going crazy. My father's a doctor. Actually, he's part of the Lab Coat society. I think he can help you," Siwon said. Yoona blinked her eyes, then shook her head.

"N-No, I'm not going crazy," Yoona mumbled, blushing.

"Are you sure you're okay? Do you have a fever? Your face is pretty red," Siwon pointed out. Yoona quickly shook her head and forced a smile.

"N-No! I'm not sick! I'm perfectly fine!" Yoona assured him. Siwon glanced at Yoona, and then broke into a grin. He patted Yoona's head, causing Yoona's heart to thump loudly.

"Alright, whatever you say. But if there's a problem going on, you better tell me," Siwon said. He winked at Yoona and walked away with his friends. In just a few minutes, Tiffany jumped behind Yoona and began to squeal delightedly.

"Oh my gosh, Yoona!" Tiffany cheered. "You actually had a conversation with your crush!"

Yoona's face went completely red. "I…I…S-Stop saying that he's my crush!"

Oh gosh, I had to pull myself back when I saw you with Siwon. Your face was so red! I wanted to dive in and help yo, but I saw your lips moving. Eek! You need to have more conversations like this when we go to Siwon's secret party," Tiffany said. Yoona's eyes slowly enlarged as her jaws drop.

"What? Siwon's party? I thought I made it clear that I'm not going!"

"You never said a thing about his party. Plus, I'm going to take you there even if you protest." Tiffany winked at Yoona who groaned. Suddenly, Yoona realized that she never ask Donghae about the red pills. Yoona looked around, hoping to spot the new boy. Tiffany frowned as she studied Yoona, who looked like she was in a panic. "Yoona, are you okay?"

Yoona looked at Tiffany. "Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

"Are you trying to find someone?" Tiffany asked.

"Me? Find a guy? No, nothing like that," Yoona muttered. After a few minutes, she finally gave up on searching Donghae and decided to ask him later. Tiffany examined Yoona and followed right behind her, wondering what was going inside her friend's mind.

 

After Nutrition was over, Yoona realized that Donghae was in her third class. Better yet, he was sitting next to her at the same chemistry table! Yoona smiled at Donghae brightly as Donghae stared at Yoona. He smiled back, and swung his backpack on his chair. Yoona gently placed her bag down to the side of the table and stared at him. Donghae sensed Yoona's gaze and took a quick glance at her.

"May I help you?" Donghae asked gently. Yoona glanced around. She reached into her bag, grabbed her notebook, ripped a page, and began to scribble something. She handed the piece of paper to Donghae, and Donghae took his time to read the note. His eyes enlarged as he stared at Yoona. Yoona gave him a blank look as Donghae crumbled the paper and hid it in his pocket.

"So? Can you answer me?" Yoona asked in a low whisper. Yoona wasn't sure, but Donghae looked a bit angry at her.

"What the heck? Why didn't you eat the red pills?" Donghae questioned.

"Hey! I ask the questions, you answer them. So, tell me!" Yoona snapped. Donghae shook his head in reply.

"You don't want to know," Donghae muttered. "You shouldn't know."

Yoona frowned. "I'm a citizen of Section 13, and so are you. I have the rights to know."

"No, you don't. Even I wasn't supposed to know about all these secrets," Donghea said, rolling his eyes. His expression turned dark as he glared at Yoona. "You know, the moment I stepped into the room, I thought you were somewhat of a strange girl."

Yoona gasped, offended. "Excuse me?"

"You don't even have this human aurora around you, did you know that? You seem a bit…off," Donghae said honestly. Yoona's cheeks turned red. She wasn't embarrassed. She was furious

"Well excuse me for being different! Let me remind you that I'm going through some difficult times right now," Yoona grumbled.

"Like what? Like how your father married your step sister's mother? Or how your step sister ran away to another section and her section is in middle of the war? Or how about that moment where you wonder if your step sister even got the letters you sent?" Donghae bombarded Yoona with questions, causing Yoona to turn white and widen her eyes. After Donghae asked a few more questions, he quickly widened his eyes and stopped himself from spoiling anymore of Yoona's personal life. Yoona narrowed her eyes and clenched her fist under the table.

"How did you know?" Yoona asked quietly.

"W-What? I was just guessing," Donghae stuttered.

"How. Did. You. Know?" Yoona repeated, gritting her teeth. Donghae narrowed his eyes, and then looked around. He quickly swooped out his pencil from his pocket and scribbled something down on the crumbled paper. He ripped a piece of paper, and quickly handed it to Yoona.

"I'll explain everything at Siwon's party," Donghae said. "That's the only day I'll explain to you and answer a few questions. The paper has his address. You know that his party is tonight, right?"

Yoona blinked her eyes. "I'm not going to the party…"

"And why not?"

"Because it's illegal. No one is allowed to hold parties. It goes against the laws," Yoona answered. Donghae sighed and rolled his eyes. The teacher suddenly began the chemistry lessons, directing the students to put which chemical into which container. The whole time, Yoona could not help but glance at Donghae, hoping that he would whisper out some kind of secret to her.

He kept quiet throughout the whole class.