Red Pills

Framed

After school, Yoona couldn't focus on her homework. All she could think about was how Donghae knew about being Injected and being Sawed. Did he experience it when he was at Section 1? No, it was impossible. Then he wouldn't have an arm or a leg or whatever the Sawed process took away.

As Yoona kept on thinking, she realized that it was impossible for Donghae to know such a thing. Secrets between the Lab Coats were very secretive and hard to get. If the secrets between the Lab Coats were in your hands, then you wouldn't even talk about it or give hints about it. It was strange enough for Donghae to know about the secret and tell Yoona about it.

"Yoona-ah, are you done with homework?" Yoona's mother called, knocking on the door. Yoona snapped out of thoughts and widened her eyes. She didn't even finish a problem in her math book and realized that it was getting pretty late.

"Um, kind of," Yoona replied. "I have a lot of homework, so I'm a bit busy right now."

"Is that so? Do you want cake or tea?" Yoona's mother asked.

"No thank you," Yoona said. She quietly sighed and tried to focus on the complicated math problem in front of her.

But all she could focus on was Dongahe and how he knew the Lab Coat's secret.

 

"This is so exciting!" Tiffany exclaimed with a bubbly expression. Yoona rolled her eyes as she yawned. Last night, she didn't get enough sleep. She was busy staying up finishing her homework, and she knew that she didn't do a great job of writing her essay or showing her work in her math homework. She rubbed her eyes tried to get some sleep. She rested her head against the desk and closed her eyes. She had no clue of what Tiffany was talking about, but she was sure that it wasn't important.

"Mhm," Yoona mumbled. "Whatever."

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Oh my gosh, Yoona! You aren't listening again! I was talking about Siwon's upcoming party! Gosh, and to think that you have a crush on him…"

Yoona sat straight up and turned bright red. "I-I don't have a crush on him! W-What makes you say that?"

Tiffany bursted into laughter as she held her stomach with her arms. Yoona rolled her eyes and shyly looked away from Tiffany's teasing smile.

"You're really hilarious, Yoong. Did I ever tell you that?" she asked.

"S-Shut up! Just shut up!"

Wait.

This seemed awfully familiar to Yoona.

"Okay, okay! Chill, girl! I was just talking about the new student, that's all. I was never talking about the Lab Coats or Siwon," Tiffany replied with a grin. Yoona frowned.

"What makes you think that I was talking about the Lab Coats?" Yoona asked. "And what knew student? We have another one after Donghae? Geez, how tiresome."

Tiffany arched an eyebrow. "Donghae? Who's Donghae?"

Yoona turned around to point at Donghae, but she found his seat empty. "He was right there yesterday…"

"You must be hallucinating," Tiffany mumbled. "Who the heck is Donghae?"

"Lee Donghae," Yoona replied. "You know, that guy who came here yesterday? He's from Section 1 and traveled to Section 13?"

"I have no clue," Tiffany responded, blinking her eyes. "Yesterday was just like any normal day."

"No," Yoona said, shaking her head. "We had Inspection that day."

Tiffany tilted her head to the side. "Inspection? The last Inspection I remember was years ago!"

Yoona stood up from her seat, causing everyone to stare at her. "No! No, no, no! We had an Inspection just yesterday! Don't you remember? There was this…this old lady! Lab Coat #1043! Remember those screams? You were only about ten students away from me!"

"Yoona, calm down! You're freaking out way too much!" Tiffany cried. The students chimed in with Tiffany, thinking that Yoona was wrong. They all didn't remember about the Inspection that happened yesterday. Yoona quickly shook her head.

"No, I can't be the only one!" Yoona whispered. "Someone has to remember!"

Tiffany placed her hand on Yoona's shoulder. "Yoona, I think you just feel a bit… dizzy. It's okay, we all felt a bit dizzy yesterday."

The warning bell rang, and Yoona took her seat. Tiffany left the classroom in a rush, and the teacher came right after Tiffany left. Yoona had a worried, pale expression on her face.

It can't be that I went back in time! Yoona thought. Her whole body froze as her ears blocked out the teacher's introduction of the new student. She suddenly heard her heart beat loudly, and was afraid that people would hear her. I'm not crazy, am I?

"Hi. I'm Lee Donghae…and that's all you need to know about me." Yoona slowly looked up as her eyes widened. Her eyes locked with Donghae, and she felt herself become calm. His eyes weren't cold and dark. They were…tired. Maybe a bit sympathetic, or sad. It kind of looked as if he was forced to repeat himself and do exactly what he did yesterday. 

Suddenly, Yoona remembered what the tall Lab Coat had said to the old Lab Coat. He said that Lab Coat #1043 looked dizzy

Tiffany said that she felt dizzy – that everyone in the school felt dizzy.

Her eyes widened as her mind snapped. The red pills. After the Lab Coat swallowed the pills, she looked dizzy. That must've happened to everyone! Everyone must've eaten the red pills!

But when Yoona stared at Donghae, he didn't look dizzy at all. Did he eat the pills? Perhaps not.

During the whole lesson, Yoona could only wait until Nutrition. During Nutrition, she was going to ask Donghae. She was going to find answers about why everyone was acting so strange. After all, Donghae seemed to know all the answers.