Scientist Im

Framed

"We're here. Let's go out, Yoona," Donghae said softly. For a moment, Yoona didn't move. Instead, she shook her head and stared out the window. Her eyes were glued on Siwon's house, where it would be the last place she would visit in Section 13.

"I don't want to go," she croaked, wiping a tear away from her cheek. "I just want to go home and eat some red pills."

"Those red pills aren't good for you, Yoona," Donghae said, taking off his seatbelt. "They make you forget your own memories. Sometimes, it makes you forget all about your past, even your name!"

"That would be nice," she muttered. "I wouldn't mind forgetting my own name. I just want to forget everyone who's gone right now."

"Including me?"

Yoona looked up from the window to him. Donghae had a serious, cold expression on his face. If anything, he was being sincere with his words. He didn't even know why he had blurted out such a thing. After a few minutes, Yoona turned back to the window and nodded her head.

"Yeah. Especially you," she said quietly. Donghae felt a pang of guilt stab his chest. He meekly nodded his head and heaved a deep sigh. Then, he got out of the car, and opened the door for Yoona. Yoona stared at him with eyes that were exhausted from crying. They pleaded for him not to make her get out of the vehicle. Instead of comforting Yoona, Donghae turned around and gave her the cold shoulder.

I can't comfort her now. I can't tell her "it's okay," because then she's going to go on and on about how things weren't okay. I can't even give her a smile since it's going to be a burden in her memories. All I can do is just watch, he told himself. When Yoona hopped out of the car, he curled his fingers. Darn it, Donghae! Why can't you be a stronger person?"

"Do... Do I go in?" Yoona asked quietly.

"Yep," Donghae answered, walking towards the large building. He pressed the door bell, and waited for Siwon to open the door. Yoona hid behind Donghae's back, unsure how she should approach her old crush. After hearing how Tiffany was getting married to him and how she had died, Yoona didn't know how to face Siwon. The door opened, but they were greeted by another host.

"Donghae! You're here!" Jessica cheered, giving him a big smile. Yoona poked her head from Donghae's back. She managed to steal a glimpse of Jessica's hands, which were soaked in a dark, oozing red color. However, being wise, Yoona knew not to question her hands.

"Oh... Jessica," Donghae said, glancing back at the address. "Is Siwon there?"

Jessica smiled and shook her head. "Nope! Ah, wait. He said that he was going to be late. Why don't you come in?"

She moved to the side for Donghae to come in. Donghae hesitated at first, then stepped inside the room. When Yoona followed right after him, her eyes were glued to Jessica's hand. Jessica, who noticed, quickly pulled her hands back and wiped them on the red apron she was wearing. She closed the door, and guided them to the living room.

"Take a seat," Jessica said. "I'll go and prepare some tea."

"Hey, Jessica," Donghae called, stopping her from turning around. "When did you get so close to Siwon?"

"And where's Jaejoong?" Yoona asked, blinking her eyes innocently. Jessica tripped over her own foot. She crashed down the ground, stunned about hearing one of the Five Faith's name.

"Ah... J-Jaejoong, hm? He went with Siwon earlier," Jessica said. She got back up on her feet. "B-Both of them are in a place where we are currently unable to go..."

"O...kay? Why don't you bring the tea? We'll drink some while we wait," Donghae suggested. Jessica nodded her head and hurried into the kitchen, leaving the two alone. Yoona examined the room. The last time she had came here, she was in Siwon's room, drinking soup. 

Yoona, get out of here, 'J' spoke. Yoona gasped, and so did Donghae. The exchanged each other a look of shock. Yoona rubbed her temples.

"Get out of my head," she hissed.

Yoona, this isn't safe. Whatever you do, don't drink the tea. I can't trust that Jessica, 'J' said. After a few moments, Jessica came into the room with some tea.

"Here you go," Jessica said, handing Yoona her cup. Yoona bit her bottom lip. She was going to grab her tea, but remembering what 'J' said caused her to back down. She smiled politely at Jessica and shook her head.

"N-No thanks," Yoona said. "I don't need tea..."

Jessica raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so you're the obedient type."

"Excuse me?"

Jessica flashed her a fake smile. "No! Nothing." She stood up. "I'll be right back. Have some tea. I'll be in the kitchen real quick."

Once she disappeared, 'J's voice came back.

Okay. Now drink the tea, 'J' commanded her. Yoona scrunched her eyebrows and stared at Donghae, who also frowned. As far as Yoona knew it, 'J' was never the one to tell her to not do something, then do it. It was like as if 'J' had regretted or was testing her.

"Now that I think about it," Donghae whispered, "isn't the voice a bit too loud?"

Yoona nodded her head in agreement. "It definitely is too loud."

Did you drink the tea yet? 'J' asked. Yoona paused. As far as she knew it, 'J' shared her mind. Wouldn't it be able to tell if she drank the tea or not? 

Something's wrong, she thought. She slowly got up. "I'm going upstairs a bit, okay? I need to use the washroom."

"Why upstairs? Isn't there one on the first floor?" Donghae asked.

"I don't know where the bathroom is the first floor," Yoona said. "I only know the one above this floor. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

Yoona left the living room. She walked up the stairs, then glanced behind her. After assuming that no one was with her, she crept towards Siwon's room. She remembered exactly where Siwon's room was. After all, she had came here before when she was kidnapped. She opened the door, only to find the room empty. Yoona sighed in disappointment. She closed the door behind her, and began to search.

What am I exactly looking for? Yoona wondered, opening all the drawers. She felt like there was a missing piece of the puzzle she was supposed to solve. She dug through all of Siwon's lavish clothes. However, she stopped when she found a red-stained handkerchief. When she pulled it out, she realized that it was the exact same bloody handkerchief Donghae had given her. Why does Siwon have this?

At that moment, Yoona suddenly remembered how there was someone who had saved her when she was kidnapped. She remembered how she had eaten a pill that caused her to communicate through someone else's mind. Not only that, but she thought of the man who had saved her, but had also done something to her brain...

That was Siwon, she thought. That guy who 'saved' me was Siwon.

"My gosh," Yoona whispered, examining the handkerchief. She shoved it in her pocket, hoping that this would prevent any more trouble in the future for her. She continued to search the entire room for the next five minutes. When she looked under the bed, she almost screamed. A pale, bloody corpse stared at her with dead eyes. What freaked her out was not how handsome the dead body was, but that this dead body was Siwon. He had blood-shot eyes staring aimlessly at particularly nothing. There was a deep hole in his chest, and a large circle of blood was spread all over his chest. Yoona quickly looked away from the bed and ran out of the room.

Her parents were dead, Yuri was dead, Tiffany was dead, and now Siwon. But what was Jessica doing in Siwon's house when he was dead? Unless...

Yoona stopped. What happened to Jaejoong?

Fear began to make Yoona's heart race. She now understood the value of the meaning behind her leaving Section 13. She just had to leave. Right now. The longer she stood here, the longer things would be complicated. Yoona scurried down the room, thankful that Jessica hadn't come into the living room now. She found Donghae sipping his tea happily.

"Donghae," Yoona panted. "I need to get out of here and into the bag."

Donghae stared at her. "What? Yoona, it's perfectly fine. Jessica is here--"

"I will explain everything in the car, but first, put me in that bag and ship me away! Now!" Yoona hissed. Donghae frowned, then nodded his head. He grabbed the keys, and walked out. Hearing the keys rattle against each other, Jessica came out of the kitchen.

"Oh? Where are you two going?" Jessica asked. Yoona felt hereslf cringe when she saw Jessica's cold, snake-like eyes.

"I'm going to my car to grab the bag I need to ship. Yoona is heading home," Donghae explained. Yoona grabbed the doorknob, and twisted it open.

"Sorry that I couldn't drink the tea! I'll be sure to drink it next time, okay?" Yoona apologized. She tugged Donghae away from Jessica. Jessica paused, then flashed them a kind look.

"Sure! Take your time. Donghae, you better hurry and bring in the bag. I'm sure Siwon told me that the delivery men were coming in, like, ten minutes," Jessica warned him. Donghae only nodded his head, and pulled Yoona out of the house, not forgetting to close the door behind them. The two opened the back of the vehicle, where the body bag and the mannequin laid. Yoona crawled into the back, and positioned herself inside the mannequin.

"This is kind of weird," Yoona mumbled.

Donghae laughed. "Now, now. I suggest that you don't cry or move or do anything for the next few hours. You won't be able to wipe your nose or anything. Um, I'll be adding your clothes into the bag, and some food. There are some survival kits in there, too. Remember, make sure you hold onto this rope, okay? Don't let go and try not to get out of the mannequin until the watch starts beeping, okay?"

Yoona slipped on the watch that Donghae handed to her. "Okay. What else do I need to know?"

"Nothing. I think I covered it," he said. "There's no one waiting for you at the other end, so you're all on your own, okay? There might be a camera, though. Just wave or something, so that it can be broadcasted live on television."

"Okay. Well, then. I need you to know something before I cloes this mannequin," Yoona said. She took a deep breath, then flashed him a shy smile. "Thanks, Donghae. I love you."

Donghae just stared at her while she hid her face with the other half of the mannequin. She pulled on the rope tightly, knowing that her cheeks were burning. She felt Donghae try to pull off the mannequin above her, but with her strength, he eventually gave up.

"Yeah." She heard his muffled voice. "I love you, too."

I wish we were able to spend some more time together, Yoona thought. She heard him zip up the body bag, and felt herself being pulled out of the car. 

"Is your name Mr. Lee?" another voice asked.

"Yes, I am," Donghae answered.

"We're here for Choi Siwon's delivery? He said that you might be the one holding the item. Is it that?"

"Yes, it is. I'm sending this to Outcast. It has items that can be used against the government. Please be gentle with it, though. I wouldn't want something to happen to it," Donghae reported.

"Understood."

For Yoona, that was the last word she had heard from any human being from the moment she was shipped to Outcast.

 

Donghae entered Siwon's house again. He sat back on the couch, and Jessica greeted him with a smile.

"Hey Donghae! Where's the bag?" Jessica asked.

"Oh, the delivery men came and took it away," Donghae explained. "On the other hand, why don't we have some tea? Just you and me."

"Delighted!" Jessica cheered. She took her seat right across from Donghae. Donghae drank his tea, while Jessica grabbed her own share. However, the moment she gulped the tea twice, a bitter almond taste was left handing from her tongue. She scrunched her nose for a moment. "This isn't my tea..."

"You're right," Donghae agreed. "That was Yoona's."

Jessica giggled. "Oh, I see--" The color from her face drained. "Oh... Oh dear..."

The cup crashed down to the ground. She covered , and tried to get rid of the taste. However, it was too late. Donghae sipped his carefully, then examined the drink.

"Yep. Oh, and I also drank your tea," Donghae said. "It's too sweet, unfortunately."

Jessica felt feel scratchy. "D-Donghae... Didn't we love each... other? I did this... for us!"

"So you decided to poison an innocent girl, drug my drink with some kind of sleeping medicine, and have things your way?" Donghae asked, glaring at the blond woman. "Jessica, I've been trained to know which drinks are drugged! You dare to test me on such subjects?" His knuckled turned white. "And what love? You left me for Jaejoong, didn't you? You agreed that I should be transferred to Section 13 for a reason! Well, guess what? The man who've been loving isn't who you were expecting. Do you know what I was?"

Jessica collapsed on her knees. "H-Hu...man?"

Donghae walked towards the window after picking a shard of glass from Jessica's broken cup. He punched the window pane, causing his fist to bleed. Police sirens began to screech throughout the neighborhood. He faked a smile, and shook his head.

"No. A corpse. I'm destined to die twice," he whispered. He slashed the shard against his neck deeply, making it bleed. He closed his eyes, and fell out of the window, landing on a rose bush with thorns, bleeding to death in just two minutes.

 

Yoona woke up with the sound of her watch informing her that 24 hours had passed. She groaned, and opened her exhausted eyes. After hearing silence, she slightly opened the mannequin and ped the bag. Her clothes and other items fell off from the bag. Yoona rubbed her eyes, then stopped her alarm by pressing a single button. She looked around, noticing that she was at an ocean.

"Where am I?" she whispered. It took her a while to recognize that she was already shipped to Outcast. She sighed, then got out of the bag. Her hands touched the gloomy, gray color of the sand. Seeing this odd color, Yoona gasped.

"Gray? Gray sand?" She exclaimed. She looked up at the ocean, which was black as night. She frowned. Where on the world was she? Yoona quickly gathered her belongings and stuffed them in the bag. She got up, and looked around. She walked around a bit, lost and unsure of what to do. She made made it to Outcast, but why did the world seem so dark and lonely?

Tiffany said something about reading answers. Where's that mannequin? Yoona reopened the plastic structure, and found a small box attached to the side. She pulled it out, and opened the lid. In it, there were several notes and letters that explained about her current situation and what Tiffany had explained in the past.

Why doesn't it tell me what I'm supposed to do? Yoona wondered, scratching her head. She wanted to take a bath, but she wasn't sure where to go or if the black ocean was clean enough for her to take bathe in. When she flipped over the letter, she found four words written on it: Turn on the radio.

Yoona searched in her bag, and found a digital, white radio. Unsure of which channel to go to, she twisted the knob to a random one and tried to find a signal.

"...Eight bodies around Section 13 has been found dead. Two of them were males, and the four were females. From what we've researched, all the bodies are to be properly buried by the next six hours. They have been transported to another section, hoping for people to conduct more research on them..."

Yoona stared at the device with a dumbfounded expression. She knew who were dead: Her parents, Yuri, Tiffany, and Siwon. Who were the other eight bodies found?

"...One of the Five Faiths, Kim Jaejoong, has been reported being beaten up with a bat from the back of his neck, knocking him out cold before he was able to react. His fiancée, Jung Jessica, was found dead in Siwon's mansion, rumored to be planning an affair until she had drank tea that had poison in it. Section 1's old boy, Lee Donghae, was found dead in a rose bush, where the thorns have slashed against his neck and caused an infection, not making him able to breathe."

Yoona stared at the radio in horror. Donghae was dead. He was gone. She was going to cry, but what was crying going to do? Make her feel better? That was highly unlikely.

Not too far from her, she found a half-burnt wooden building. She ran up to it, wondering if there was anything in the building, or if she would be able to stay there for the night. She knocked on the door.

"H-Hello?" Yoona stuttered. No answer. She stepped inside the building, only to find a small bed, a sink with water running, and a table with a computer. She blinked her eyes, and dropped her bag near the bed. She turned off the sink, and stepped closer to the computer. Wondering if it was still working, she pressed the power button. The computer screen lit up in a nice shade of blue. Yoona looked around, hoping to find some kind of light. Instead, she found a box of match and a candle stick besides the computer. She lit the candle, and stared at the computer.

WELCOME SCIENTIST IM. PLEASE TYPE IN YOUR PASSWORD.

Yoona paused. Scientist Im.

Her eyes widened. She rushed out of the building, and stared at the dusty plate attached next to the doors. It read: MR. IM'S SECRET LAB

Grandfather never died, Yoona thought. He was just sent to Outcast.

Yoona searched through the stack of letters. There just had to be something about her grandfather and his laboratory in Outcast! Suddenly, a loud siren rang through the area. Scared, Yoona went back inside and shut the door. The ground shook a bit, and she heard cars roll in. She heard a loud thud! and the car's engine fading away. After believing that she was safe, she crawled out of the shack. Right in front of her, she found a corpse lying on the ground. Yoona looked around, then walked over to the dead body. At first, she was unable to identify the dead figure. It took her a few moments to realize that the corpse, covered with a strange disease on its skin, was Donghae.

Wait. He's supposed to be buried, right? Yoona wondered. That's what the radio said.

She didn't even need to think twice of what was going on. The government had lied. She looked across the beach.

The rest must be somewhere here, too, she thought. She dragged Donghae's dead body by his shirt towards the building. She put him on the floor, and walked over to the computer. The screen was still blue with the same text, only a password box appeared right below it. She stared back at Donghae's body with a hopeless expression.

There is no way that I'm going to live through this on my own, she said to herself. She kneeled down, and hugged his head, which had a pale color of purple. Tears began to slip through her eyes as she quietly sobbed and mourned over him. 

"Yoona, you carry the last information for what is needed to bring a human back to life. It downloaded in a microchip, located in your brain. Yoona, if they want to get the last information, they're going to have to kill you and take away the implanted chip."

Yoona suddenly remembered what Tiffany had told her. A spark lit in her eyes as she hovered her fingers over the dusty keyboard. She pressed a few buttons, making sure that the keyboard was working. Once she decided that it was safe, she rolled up her sleeves and stared back at Donghae.

"Don't worry, Donghae," she whispered. "I'm going to make you live a third time."

Taking her chances, Yoona typed in her name in the password box. She crossed her fingers as she pressed the enter button. The screen froze for a moment, then another text appeared:

PASSWORD ACCEPTED.

WELCOME, SCIENTIST IM.


THE END

Author's Note: Okay, so to be honest, I am disappointed with this story. I've been having several writer's blocks with this idea. It was supposed to end several chapters ago, but then because of my writer's block, I actually extended, like, ten or more chapters... So many things were mixed up and I got myself confused, which should've been a big no-no. Anyways, thank you everyone who have been supporting this story since the beginning, middle, or end! If you're a Yoona fan or a TaecYoon fan, I'm writing a new story about them, so if you want, you guys can check it out. Just click here and you'll be escorted to my story. Once again, thank you for supporting me, no matter how bad this story was. :)