Time To Run

Framed

Donghae felt his heart race when he had his hands wrapped around Yoona's head. He waited for a moment for the red laser dot to disappear from the wall. Once it did, he crawled up to the window and lifted himself to see who was aiming to shoot them. On the roof across from the house, Yuri sat still and dipped the ___ in a small bottle. From what Donghae could tell, the bottle that was filled with clear liquid looked like poison.

I need to find a way to get out of here with Yoona safely, Donghae thought. He turned to Yoona's parents, who had their eyes on the two holes on the wall. "Do you have a bandage or anything?"

Mr. Im turned to Mrs. Im, who scurried away. After a few moments, she came back and tossed him a white surgical tape. Donghae caught it successfully and brought Yoona closer to him and wrapped the tape around her bleeding head.

"You okay?" he asked her quietly. Yoona stood still. From what he could tell, he knew that she was just as shocked as her parents were. He heaved a sigh, and pulled Yoona closer to their parents. "Is there a way out of here?"

"The front door--"

"No, not the front door. Like, a secret passage or something?" Donghae asked, biting his lower lip.

"We have the back door, but it leads to the neighbor's--"

"That will do," Donghae said, slightly shaking Yoona. "Hey, can you walk?"

"Y-Yeah," Yoona stuttered quietly. "B-But... Donghae, what was that?"

"Stuff that I will explain on the way," Donghae replied. "But for now, we need to take you somewhere safe..."

"Woah, woah. Wait," Mr. Im said, blocking them from getting out of the room. "You want to take my daughter somewhere? Why? As her father, I can't allow you to do such a thing."

"But do you want her to die?" Dongae exclaimed. "Did you not see her earlier? She was scrapping her own head, and she was going to get shot!"

Mrs. Im gave him a skeptical look. "We don't even know you. For one, that could've just been a play toy--"

"Ma'am, a play toy does not make two holes on the wall," he said. "If you want your daughter to live, please let me take care of her!"

"And take her away from us? Young man, I don't think you know what you're saying!" Mr. Im yelled furiously. Donghae took a step back, and kept a hard expression. In a few minutes, he got a text. When he looked it up, he found out that it was from an unknown number with a long document signed by Siwon, the leader of Section 13.

Worth a shot, he thought, handing his smart phone to the older man. "This is Section 13's orders. She is to come with me and to be sent to Section 1 immediately."

"Who cares? I will defy their orders and--" Before Mr. Im got to finish, Yoona's window was crushed open and a black suited woman jumped inside. Donghae widened his eyes, and pushed Yoona behind him. Yoona slowly got back on her feet, but once she did, she looked up and examined the unwanted stranger.

"Yu...ri?" Yoona whispered. Yuri scoffed and aimed her rifle at Donghae.

"You're too slow, Donghae," she said. "You're too easy to find, too. I was right. You're not suited to protect Yoona. Old gramps made a mistake to bring you back to life."

Donghae narrowed his eyes. "Look, I might not know why I was brought to life or how I was, but all I do know that I have a mission, and that mission was to kill Yoona--"

"That was the mission!" Yuri shouted. "You have new orders. It was to protect Yoona at all cost. I don't think you can protect her with how... unskilled you are. Give it up, Donghae. Just die, already!"

"I refuse!" Donghae exclaimed. He grabbed Yoona's wrist, and pulled her down the stairs. Yuri tried to shoot, but the problem was that her parents were also in the way. Yuri gritted her teeth, and chased after them.

"M-Mom! Dad, please! I need to go," Yoona begged.

"But you're too young for this!" Mr. Im exclaimed. "Why is it that you're own sister is shooting you--"

"Please! Please, I have to go," Yoona interrupted. Mr. Im was about to follow her out the back door until Mrs. Im grabbed him by the wrist. He gave her a horrified look, and she only gave him a small smile.

"Here's some money," Mrs. Im said, shoving a small envelope in Yoona's hand. "Please... Please send a letter when you're in Section 1. Tell us if you're alive or not."

Yoona bit her bottom lip, and looked at Donghae. Donghae gave her a cold look, which caused her to automatically know what she should say. She took a deep breath, then forced a smile.

"Bye Mom. Bye Dad," she said. Donghae jumped over the wooden fence, and helped Yoona up afterwards. From the lack of blood, Yoona began to feel a bit dizzy. Her legs became shaky, and she soon lost her ability to walk.

Before she out, she heard two screams just behind the wooden fence. A single tear streamed down her cheeks as she whispered, "Mom... Dad..."

 

Jessica smiled. She ran her fingers against the keyboard of her small computer. A fancy 'J' symbol was on the back of the laptop, and she finally closed it after hearing Jaejoong sigh.

"What's up?" she asked him, running her fingers down his arm.

"It would be too difficult to hack into the pills," Jaejoong said. "Don't you think? It would take too much time."

"There, there," Jessica said, patting his shoulder. "They're both blue pills. We know that everyone who eats the blue pills will have their mind and body connected by a single device. That's why we have this."

She raised the computer, while Jaejoong looked away. "Yeah, but think about it. We would have to hack into every blue pill."

"That's why I'm here to help," Jessica said, rolling her eyes. "I've already hacked into the system."

Jaejoong raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"I've found an easier way to communicate with them and to read their every move. Look," she said, opening her mini laptop. "You see this?"

"Is that... a ring?" he asked.

"Exactly. See, when the Lab Coats kidnapped Yoona a long time ago, according to the files in Section 13, they fed her a blue pill to not only get her to say the truth, but to test it out. That was the first step, and it turned out to be a success."

"Then shouldn't the communication device be in the laboratory?"

"The communication device is grouped in a small folder on the computer over there. The person who saved her--Who was Siwon--managed to download the device and save her. He took her to his home, and there he began to transform the file into a solid object where no one would think the files would be hidden."

"And he made it into a ring, didn't he?" Jaejoong said, rubbing his chin.

"Mhm. Once he did, he used it to either help or freak Yoona out. It was just a game for him until... Well, until Donghae and Yoona managed to sneak inside the building. When he 'saved' Yoona, he was discussing with Siwon about what was going to happen from then on. In exchange for Donghae to forget about everything, Siwon would hand him the ring that was the 'second voice' in Yoona's mind. But this wasn't really a red pill. It was actually--"

"Blue pills covered with a red coating," he finished. "So afterwards, Donghae had the ring, didn't he?"

"Yep! But now who's got control over both Yoona and Donghae?" Jessica asked him.

"Us?"

Jessica smirked. "No. Me, Jung Jessica, A.K.A. J."

He scrunched his eyebrows. "What do you mean by 'me'? Don't you mean the both of us?"

Before he could say another word, Jessica raised a bat that she found nearby and swung it against Jaejoong's head. Jaejoong's eyes enlarged for a moment, and he stood still like a paralyzed rodent. Suddenly, he collapsed with a bleeding head, trying his best to keep his eyes on his wife.

"Sica..." He whispered. Finally, he fainted and left Jessica standing with the bat in her hands, and the laptop on the other. She smiled mischievously, then kissed her laptop.

"Don't worry, Donghae," she said quietly. "I promise that we'll be together soon. I promise."