Burn the File - Part I

Framed

Yoona bit her bottom lips as she found herself crawling into the sewer system. The water separating the two roads was colored black, filled with toxic waste and any other trash it gathered on its way down into the system. Yoona groaned and covered her nose as she inhaled the foul scent of dead mice and rats. She glanced at Donghae, who was breathing through his nose without any complaints.

"Ew… Tell me again why we have to use the sewer?" Yoona muttered. She adjusted her black gloves and straightened her black uniform. Donghae laughed and turned around to face his partner.

"The Lab Coats use some kind of different clothing materials imported from the outside world. If we wore white coats, then we wouldn't be able to get in," Donghae reasoned, walking along the sewer with a flash light. Yoona grumbled something and rolled her eyes. She paused when she saw two bats hanging peacefully on a pipe above them, resting their heads in the air as they hung upside-down. She smiled softly at the creatures, but screamed when the mammal's eyes shot wide and screeched loudly as they flapped their wings and swooped over her. Yoona whimpered and chased after Donghae, who was already a few feet away from her.

"C-Can't you slow down?" Yoona asked, grabbed onto Donghae's shirt. Donghae glanced over his shoulder and noticed Yoona's frightened expression. He bit his bottom lip, and glanced around the sewer with his flashlight. Then, quickly, he extended his hand out and gestured Yoona to grab it. Without hesitating, she reached and wrapped her fingers around his large fist. 

The two were thankful that it was dark and barely viewable in the sewer, for both were blushing scarlet from the spark of their skin ship.

 

Tiffany sat still, looking out the window as she sat next to Siwon. They were only a few minutes away from the Lab Coat's base, where Siwon's father worked at. She heaved a sigh and rested her head against the window, resting her eyes for a minute, then opening to see Siwon staring at her. She squirmed at her spot uncomfortably and stared down at her hands, trying to find something interesting to watch. Once again, her eyes rolled back to the same man, who only fixed his eyes with her brown orbs.

"Siwon, what's wrong?" she asked. Siwon just smiled and shook his head.

"Nothing. It's just that you never wanted to come and visit my father. I thought you were scared of him," Siwon said. Tiffany laughed softly and rubbed the back of her hands. She nodded in response and looked out the window.

"Well, I want to ask him about our marriage. You know, if he can cancel it or something," Tiffany mumbled. To this, Siwon gave her a frown and a dreaded expression. He reached to touch her chin, but was interrupted when the driver stopped and opened the car. He froze momentarily at Siwon's action, knowing that he had disturbed his master's plans. Siwon glowered at the driver, his eyes shadowed with a demon's grudge. Tiffany smiled and got out of the car, ignoring what was going on. She bowed politely at the butler, and walked away, her white heels hitting the concrete loudly as she made her way towards the gate. 

Siwon hopped out of the car, watched Tiffany slowly disappear, then grabbed a gun from his tuxedo. He pressed it near the driver's head, making the driver gasp in fear. With one press of the lever, the driver fell to his knees and defenselessly allowed death eat up its soul. Two Lab Coats, who had watched Siwon's murderous action, stared at him with the equal amount of fear the driver had once had on his face. Siwon glanced at the Lab Coats, then faked a smile which gave off a devil's aurora.

"Yes? Maybe I help you?" Siwon asked sweetly. The Lab Coats paled and shook their heads as they scrambled away from the scene. Siwon smirked, then stared down and found the driver's blood staining his black leather shoes. He scowld, and kicked the driver's stomach. "This should teach you a lesson to not mess with Choi Siwon."

Then, the "gentleman" walked away, fiddling with a earpiece carved in an upside-down "J."

 

"Air vent? Really? We're at an air vent?!" Yoona hissed. Donghae turned his body, narrowed his eyes, and scoffed as he began to crawl forward.

"Well, I didn't see you want to knock out the Lab Coats. The air vent is our only entrance to the main office now," Donghae snapped back. "Why did I even pick you for this mission? You're not trained and you're a softy."

Yoona flushed red in embarrassment. "I-I…"

Bam! A loud, unfamiliar sound caused the two to stop. Donghae slowly turned his head around, and pressed his fingers against his lips. Yoona only nodded, covering with her two hands. Donghae paused for a moment, then crawled closer to the opening near him. He looked down the open vent, only seeing a woman dressed in white and a man wearing a fine black suit. He frowned for a moment, his eyebrows approaching closer to each other. 

Is that… Tiffany and Siwon? he wondered. 

Bam! Another sound interrupted Donghae's thought as he realized that the sound was coming behind him. His eyes widened, fearing that it might be a Lab Coat who had caught them. He flicked his hand twice for Yoona to follow, but widened his eyes when he realized that she was gone. 

Where in the world did she go? Donghae asked himself, scratching his head. Another horrid thought invaded his thoughts, as he turned as white as snow. Did she… get caught?

 

Yoona blinked her eyes, shocked. She swore that she did not move from her spot, but the air vent she was in moved. Was that even possible? For the block of metal that transported air to different rooms to move around? She glanced across from her, knowing that Donghae was at the other side when she only saw a sheet of metal blocking her view. She glanced in front of her, only to see light emitted from its ground. She crawled over to see what was going on, and widened her eyes as she realized that the room below her could've been the main office.

But how do I communicate with Donghae? Yoona wondered.

Go in and burn Tiffany's information, 'J' told her. Yoona widened her eyes and clutched her head.

I can't do that! It's like burning my friend's existence!

Better than letting her die from Donghae's hands.

I can go to jail if I do this! Yoona pointed out. 'J' did not respond. Instead, her hand suddenly reached forth without her demand. Yoona widened her eyes, noticing how her left hand was moving uncontrollably, as if someone (or something) was controlling it. 'J,' if you're doing this to me, it's not even funny.

No response. She gasped as her hand extended and pulled off the cage of the air vent. She yelped and fell down when her left hand unconsciously forced her down to the room. Yoona groaned, and blinked her eyes when she regained her consciousness. She looked up, and stared at the small office-like room. She stared down, her left hand trembling to move, as if it was bringing itself to life.

She was losing control of her left hand.

And she didn't understand why.