It's not all physical

Cross-Dress to Impress


Jonghyun’s heart was pounding in his ribcage, the beating ringing distinctly in his ears as he swallowed in an attempt to wet his suddenly dry throat. He could feel heat blooming in his cheeks as his eyes continued to stare at the sleeping individual in front of him, locked on a pair of very pink lips.

Jonghyun couldn’t help it. He knew he didn’t want to, oh hell it’d be the last thing he’d want to do if he was in any mind to think straight, but he wasn’t, and those lips beckoned at him, tempting him to connect them with his own.

The cry of seagulls and the crashing waves against the shoreline were all distant sounds as he unconsciously inched forward. Those lips were inviting, and all Jonghyun really wanted to do was—

“Does the princess need mouth-to-mouth?”

That was all Jonghyun needed to snap out of his daze, and before the speaker had even finished his sentence Jonghyun had already pulled back, almost horrified at what he had almost done. He had no time to dwell on it though, because the familiarity of the voice was enough for a scowl to cross his facial features.

“Where are the rest of your losers?”

Jonghyun remained quiet as he watched the approaching group. The one who spoke, the only one who was speaking at the moment, was the leader of a neighboring gang that Jonghyun had run into several times in the past. The tanned male stopped and planted his feet in the sand, hanging his hands loosely from his pockets as his three friends fanned out behind him.

“What do ya want, Shin?” Jonghyun asked lazily, pushing himself off the ground and dusting sand off his pants.

“Tch, did you really think you could go and break my nose and get away with it?” Shin replied, his eyes narrowing into slits. “Time for you to pay up, bastard!”


Soomin was brought out of her nap from the sound of voices, and her eyes peaked open just as she heard Jonghyun stand up from his position beside her. By the time she was fully conscious Jonghyun was already moving, shoving and punching as four guys surrounded him. Soomin had to admit she was impressed by the way he handled himself against the odds, and had she been just a little more on the girly side, she was sure she would have screamed at one point from all the hits that were being dealt by both sides.

“I fall asleep for ten minutes, and this is what happens,” Soomin muttered to herself as she quickly got up.

There was so much going on that when one of the males approached Jonghyun from behind, she automatically dashed forward to his aid.


“I hate him.”

Jonghyun seethed as he leaned against his bike, scrapes and bruises littering his body. His hair was a mess, his clothes were dirty and torn at places as he held a tissue to his forearm where blood was continuously seeping out through broken skin.

“Ever since I showed him up two years ago he hasn’t let it go, the bastard.”

“Here.”

Jonghyun felt a touch on his brow and immediately flinched as the contact disappeared. He looked over to see Taemin narrowing his, feminine, eyes at him and Jonghyun couldn’t help but grimace.

“What are you doing?” he barked.

Taemin was clearly unfazed by his tone or his expression.

“You have a cut, and unless you want to blood to seep into your eye while you drive, I suggest you shut up.” He stuck out his tongue and Jonghyun couldn’t keep the word cute from appearing in his mind. “Not to mention if you die, I’ll be dying along with you, and I would rather you wait till you’re by yourself, thank you very much,” the shorter boy finished with a huff.

Jonghyun didn’t move away this time when Taemin’s hand reached out, soft fabric touching his forehead. He unconsciously winced at the pressure and Taemin’s hand slowed, his touch suddenly more gentle and Jonghyun had to avert his eyes.

“Sorry,” Taemin whispered as he continued to pat Jonghyun’s cut.

When the shorter boy finally pulled back, Jonghyun realized what Taemin held in his hand was not a tissue, but a piece of cloth.

“Where…?”

“Huh?” Taemin raised his eyebrows and then looked down to his hand, before letting out a short laugh. “Piece of my shirt was ripped in the scuffle,” Taemin gestured down to where a strip was torn off his dress shirt, “so I just ripped it off completely, plus I don’t have any more tissues.”

“Oh,” Jonghyun muttered.

He looked away but his gaze was quickly brought back by a ripping sound, and he found Taemin carefully tearing another piece off the bottom of his shirt.

“What are you doing?” he snapped and Taemin looked up in surprise.

“Your hand—”

“No.”

Taemin blinked at him as Jonghyun stepped forward and he noticed that the shorter boy shirked back from the action. Jonghyun briefly looked down to his red knuckles and raw skin that showed the color of his veins, but it had yet to openly bleed.

“Stop doing that. Unless you want to show off a set of abs you’ve been hiding this whole time.”

Jonghyun snorted as Taemin’s eyes went wide, his hands dropping immediately from his shirt.

“Shut up.”

Jonghyun chuckled, a teasing smirk soon finding his lips. “Yeah, didn’t think so. You fight like a girl anyway. Scratching, hair pulling?”

“It was self-defense!” Taemin squeaked in protest and Jonghyun merely rolled his eyes.

“Sure. You were always such the girl.”

Jonghyun was surprised when Taemin didn’t reply, the other boy apparently rendered speechless. The silence was uncomfortable and suddenly awkward and Jonghyun turned back to throw the tissue he had been holding to his arm on the ground. The cut had temporarily stopped bleeding, and he reached over for a helmet and threw it at the boy, in which Taemin fumbled and almost dropped, before grabbing his own.

“Let’s go.”

Jonghyun slipped on his helmet and waited, his eyes determined to stare straight in front of him. After what seemed like forever, his bike dipped and hands slowly encircled his waist. Jonghyun took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in his throat. He had to concentrate on driving, and not on the body that pressed against his back, and Taemin’s stupid, stupid, stupidly girlie face.