Can I talk to you?

Cross-Dress to Impress

Soomin tapped the end of her pencil on her desk impatiently as the seconds’ hand ticked on the clock. She eyed it in distaste; once it came back around it would signal the end of class and the end of the school day and as much as that was a good thing, she was not looking forward to it. Mostly because the end of the day meant that she would have to decide whether or not to show up at Jonghyun’s stupid meet up. Jonghyun wasn’t even in class at the moment; the gang leader had decided to skip fifth period, not that Soomin was surprised.

The bell rung, startling her from her thoughts as chairs squeaked all around her and her classmates got up to head home. She quickly put her notes together and followed them out, stopping briefly by her locker if only to stall for time.

Grabbing her things, she shut it with a loud bang and stared angrily at the dull grey color of the locker door in front of her. This was stupid. Why the hell would Jonghyun even think of adding her to his group of delinquents? He was having fun ruining her face, and now he wanted to ruin her reputation, keeping in mind that it was supposedly Taemin’s face and Taemin’s rep. It was absolutely ridiculous.

She couldn’t deny that he frightened her; he was a gang leader after all. Jonghyun was bigger and stronger and he had the resources, and there was the minor detail of her actually being a girl that made the situation that much worse.

Despite all the facts, Soomin’s stubbornness prevailed, and she left the school and headed towards the gates, not bothering to look back. Gang bully or not, she was going home.

Her attention was solely focused on the front gates of the school to the point that the figure that suddenly loomed in her view caught her completely off guard, making her yelp in surprise. Her hands immediately shot to to muffle her cry and she turned to find Minho raising his eyebrows at her. Soomin struggled to find her, more male, voice as she stared up at the model standing in front of her.

“Minho,” she breathed out, “you gave me a start.”

“Right.” He paused, his expression unreadable as he looked around. “Hey, I wanna talk to you.”

Minho briefly caught her eyes before he turned and walked off in the opposite direction. It only took a few seconds for Soomin to get over her moment of shock before she quickly followed after him, swerving between the masses of students leaving as the two headed to the back of the school.

She had been impersonating Taemin for about a week now and to be honest, Soomin was sure being around all that testosterone was starting to drive her crazy. Whenever things got out of hand she had to put it all back in perspective: Choi Minho. She was doing it all to get closer to Choi Minho. But whenever she built up the courage to speak with said model, Minho was either napping, surrounded by mobs of people, or speaking to a certain individual Soomin couldn’t stand. So was Soomin suddenly thrilled that Minho wanted to talk to her alone? Definitely more than just a little.

Minho stopped, casting a brief glance around at the empty grounds before he turned to face her. His sudden gaze pierced through her and despite the odd movie circumstances, Soomin couldn’t help but panic. Had he seen through her façade? Why else would he have found a secluded place for just the two of them to talk?

“So I heard you chose to join Jonghyun’s gang.”

That would be a good reason for the talk, but the sudden relief and slight excitement bubbling inside of her overcame the urge to scowl at the mentioned incident. Choi Minho was talking to her.

“Chose… forced… same thing, right?” she managed to say with an awkward smile.

A small chuckle escaped his lips. “I see. Didn’t think you were much for gangs.”

“Neither did I.”

Minho hummed a response as he stuffed a hand in his front pocket. “Well Taemin,” he said, his eyes finding hers, “seems Jonghyun can be quite persuasive.”

“Quite,” she replied dryly. They both knew the gang leader’s methods were not shy of easing in a few threats here and there.

“Looks like you’ll be in for quite a ride,” he commented quietly as he casually leaned forward, almost as if he was getting a better look at her.

Soomin could already feel the heat in her face and she broke eye contact first, taking a sudden interest in the gray cement pavement underneath them. It took all her effort to keep herself calm, biting back the urge to squeal out loud from his proximity. A sudden ring brought her attention back up, and she looked back in time to see Minho pulling his phone out of his pocket and putting it to his ear.

“Speak of the devil.” Minho paused before he continued, “Heading to my photoshoot, where else would I be, Jjong?”

Soomin grimaced at the mention of Jonghyun’s nickname, one apparently only Minho used, but she kept her focus on Minho nonetheless.

An annoyed look briefly crossed Minho’s face before it disappeared, replaced by a neutral expression. “Did she now?” Minho’s eyes momentarily flicked to her and a sly smile found his lips. He shifted his phone down for a moment, his voice even. “Have a good weekend, Taemin.”

With his phone reattached to his ear, Minho turned and strode off, leaving Soomin dumbfounded and standing by herself. She blinked several times, trying to absorb the sudden string of events as her eyes absently followed Minho’s receding back until he turned a corner and disappeared from her sight.

What the hell just happened?


Yeonwa narrowed her eyes. The two figures in the distance seemed to be discussing something, the taller of the two carrying a calm demeanor while the other seemed slightly awkward. Yeonwa did not like what she was seeing.

Minho had told her that he was busy with a photoshoot, the reason why he couldn’t meet up with her after school. It had been a last minute text and she was already at his school by the time she received it. Out of mere habit she ventured in, perhaps hoping to catch him briefly on his way out, and she was met instead with the scene that was playing in front of her.

What bothered her most was the shorter individual, the one Minho was speaking to. Taemin. She knew a crush when she saw one, and this girly-boy was exhibiting the signs. Not that Yeonwa had anything against homouals, with anyone else she wouldn’t have cared, but it irked her that Minho almost seemed like he was going along.

She pulled out her phone and went through her contact list, hitting the call button as soon as the indicator landed on his name. She waited, and he picked up on the second ring.

“Jonghyun? Hi, I was wondering if you know where Minho is? Yes, he mentioned…”


a/n: Thanks for subbing, and thank you especially for the comments! =D