You go to school with him?!

Cross-Dress to Impress

Soomin’s gaze was fixed on her laptop, the portable computer completely taking up her attention. Her eyes moved across as she read the interview that took up her screen, a sheepish grin playing on her lips as she slowly scrolled down the page.

Question: From modeling to acting, you must have quite the fanbase Minho. Could you describe us your ideal girl? And would you ever date a fan?

Answer: I think a girl needs a good balance, I mean, looks aren’t everything. I think I’d like a low maintenance girl, someone normal and down-to-earth. It’d be awesome if she could rock a t-shirt and jeans. And if I found a fan that fit my ideal type, then yeah, I’d definitely date her.

Soomin couldn’t help the squeal that escaped her lips.

What a relief. He doesn’t go for prissy girlie girls, she thought to herself in glee. He could even go for me, Lee Soomin. She let out a content sigh at the idea. Although she knew the chances of ever becoming Minho’s girlfriend were practically slim to none, it was refreshing to know that she could be close to his ideal type.

Soomin leaned back in her chair, moving her gaze up from her computer to admire the poster on her wall. I wonder if being a part of his fan club will give me a chance to meet him. It may be what most people called a silly celebrity crush, but Soomin didn’t care. She couldn’t help but feel some sort of connection with him. She had seen many of his shoots, and had read multiple interviews to come to one conclusion: Choi Minho was the epitome of her perfect man.

He was still a rookie model and had only participated in a few commercials, which meant he had yet to obtain the official “celebrity idol” status, also meaning he was still obtainable. Or, one could always dream, right?

“Soo!”

Or not.

“Hey, haven’t you ever heard of knocking? Respect your elders Tae!”

He put his hands in his sweater pockets and sighed. “You were born five minutes before me and you never let me forget it,” he commented casually as he leaned on the doorframe.

That was Taemin, her little brother. As fraternal twins, they hadn’t come from the same egg and , meaning they were simply two siblings born at the same time, but the resemblance between the two was uncanny. Despite them both being regarded as above average in appearance, the twins still looked startlingly alike at the age of sixteen. Although there was no mistaking their genders, with some well chosen outfits and carefully applied makeup, Taemin could easily be mistaken as a girl, and his sister a slightly feminine boy.

“Mom wants to know if you’re coming over to dad’s tomorrow,” Taemin said.

“How come?” she asked, looking back over at her brother.

“So she knows before hand whether or not to cook for you,” Taemin replied. “I think mom mentioned something about running out of rice.”

Soomin snorted under her breath. “Is mom being lazy again?”

“And not going out to do the groceries? I don’t see anything wrong with that.”

“That’s cause you take after her,” Soomin told him with a head shake. “I’m surprised you don’t take the bus here with that attitude of yours.”

Taemin smirked. “I like walking. Anyway, are you coming over?”

Soomin pursed her lips in thought. “I dunno. Is dad making anything special tomorrow?”

Taemin shrugged. “No idea. But I think he bought crab meat the other day…”

Having divorced parents at an early age, with separate custody of each child meant that Soomin and Taemin had never once gone to school together. Soomin stayed with their mother and Taemin moved away with their father, with each twin visiting the other parent every other weekend. It was only recently that Taemin and their father moved back, buying a place not too far away from Soomin and their mother and allowing the siblings to visit either parent on a more regular basis.

Taemin’s gaze fell on the poster on his sister’s wall. “Hey, isn’t that Choi Minho?”

Soomin cocked an eyebrow in question. “You never told me you were into male models Taeminnie.”

Her brother looked back down and gave her a blank look. “He’s a model?”

“Model and aspiring actor,” she corrected him dreamily.

“No wonder that guy misses class all the time,” he replied offhandedly as Soomin’s eyes flew open at her brother’s words.

Although they could have finally gone to school together if they wanted to, Taemin had been in an all-boys school before they moved back and their father wanted to keep it that way. On top of that, both parents seemed to have had a similar way of thinking, as Soomin and Taemin were both enrolled in school a year earlier than they should have been, resulting in the siblings being a year younger than their respective classmates. It was safe to say that they hadn’t exactly had the normal school life a regular pair of twins would have had.

“Class?”

Taemin looked back over at his sister, their expressions showing completely opposite emotions. “Yeah. He’s in my class, but I never knew he was famous,” he replied in a bored tone.

Soomin’s mind raced as she stared at her twin standing by the door. Her perfect man, attending the same school as her brother. Her twin brother to be exact, whom with some adjustments, could easily be mistaken as her, and vice versa.

In life, opportunity only knocks once.

“Hey Taemin,” Soomin started as she tried to find the best possible angle for her crazy idea. “Wouldn’t you like it if things went really well for your big sister?”

Taemin raised his eyebrows, but didn’t say anything, choosing to wait for her to continue instead of answering.

“If this works,” Soomin continued slowly. “You could possibly have a model as your brother-in-law.”

Taemin narrowed his eyes as he crossed his arms. “You’re not thinking what I think you’re thinking, are you?”

“Well, we just—”

“Soo! Tae! Dinner!” their mother’s voice rang from downstairs, and Soomin glared at the doorway.
          
“In a minute!” she yelled back, reluctant to let anything interrupt her while she explained her master plan.

“Now! Or else!” their mother hollered back, and Soomin’s face fell in defeat at the reply. Or else meant that if they weren’t there within the minute, they would be eating the microwavable food for dinner instead, and their mother’s food was not something they wanted to pass up.

“We’re not done,” Soomin told Taemin as she pulled her brother down the stairs.

No, it wasn’t over. This was going to work. She was going to make it work.