Chapter 1 - Adventure Begins

Gates of the Zodiac

 

AN: To say that this would be a long chapter would be an understatement. Think of this as an hour long t.v. series premiere. So I suggest you get yourself comfortable, grab a pillow and some snacks while you're at it. Enjoy! Also I seem to always forget to put commas, forgive my grammatical errors I don't have a beta.

 

 


 

 

Gates of the Zodiac

 

 

inside_of_classroom_by_petrophyllum.jpg

“Hey…” a boy said as he approached his friend who's head was laid on folded arms. “Hey pabo! Wake up!” the boy shouts upon seeing that the other was asleep. He continues to poke, nudge, shove, just about everything really to wake the other boy. “Wake up!” He shouts impatiently which finally did the trick and produced a reaction from the other. The sleeping boy stirs a bit, elliciting a few mumbles before resettling his head on folded arms. So much for a reaction. It was a good thing that the other was apparently used to the other's stubborness when it comes to being woken up. After a a countless shakes and a lot of pleading, the sleeping boy finally wakes and stares at the one who has disturbed his beauty sleep.


“What do you want Teukie?” The boy stared at him with sleepy eyes before laying his head again on his folded arms and tries to get back to sleep. Untied long red hair falls over to cover his face acting as a curtain to block out the offending presence.

“It is the end of class Heechul! In fact it’s also the end of the school year, the start of summer vacation! So wake up! You could catch up on your sleep later. For now let’s go home.” His friend tells him and shakes him one last time for good measure.

“Okay okay, sheesh Teukie you don’t have to be so uptight.” Heechul groans as he stretches his numb muscles willing them to fully awaken.

Heechul, the red haired boy and his friend Teukie, formally known as Leeteuk made their way down the building and in to the school gates. As they went pass the school gates, both looked back at their school longingly for one last time.

“Time flies fast huh Chullie?” Teukie asked eyes glazed in nostalgia.

“It sure does Teuk, it feels like yesterday when we started high school. Now we’re on our way up and off to college.” Heechul answered and slowly started to walk with Teukie at his side.

“My my, you are making us sound so old. We’re just starting college; our whole lives are still ahead of us.” Teukie said.

“Yeah, and it’s also going be the first time that we won’t be classmates Teukie… ” The red haired man stopped and stared at his long time best friend with his big round eyes before looking down and avoiding his gaze.

“Oh Chullie, we've been over this, you know I can’t force you to be with me while I’m studying at law school.” Teukie said as he brushes away the strands of hair from his friend’s face and tucks them behind his ear.

Heechul then raises his head to look at his best friend’s face. “But why Teukie? I also passed the entrance test - I’m also qualified for the same school. It would also appease father if I did…”

“But you don’t like politics Chullie, it's not where your hert is and I just know it. No matter how much you convince yourself that you like it, also, stop trying to appease your father... I know that you hate change and you just want me to be there as your classmate which pretty much is the only thing that seems to be constant thing in your life, and i'm not complaining about it that much of course.” Teukie answered and smiled at his last statement.

Heechul disregards the comedic jab and looks at his friend closely. At the start of sophomore year, Teuki’s used to sport quite a long copper colored hair style. Now it was dyed black and cut short in an almost military like fashion. Looking down, Teuki's uniform was wrinkle-free and in pristine condition - definitely an up and coming politician Heechul smirks inwardly. Prim and proper Teuk.

“Okay… it’s just that I’ll miss you so much Teukie.” Heechul’s eye began to fill with tears. Heechul cursed his own weakness.

The black haired man was quite shocked when he saw his friend tearing up. His friend was the paragon of control, the epitome of strength, the personification of restraint, all these he was when it comes to masking his emotions albeit the usual happiness and anger. That’s why most of the school classified his friend as an ice prince – a diva.  Realizing that his friend cared for him that much to cause such a startling reaction, he pulled the red haired man in to a bone crushing embrace.

“Chullie we’ll still be friends! Best friends in fact! Plus, I only said that we couldn’t be classmates, but we could still be schoolmates! We can still dorm together even though we have a different course! So stop feeling bad, it’s not like you to be crying on my shoulder like this.” Teukie pulls back from the hug still clutching at the thin man's waste and looks at his friend.

“I know you hate change Chullie, but it is inevitable. Change can be good for a person you know?” He smiles at his friend.

“By the way I wasn’t crying you dummy, I just caught something in my eye.” Heechul said haughtily.

“Yeah right, also you should eat more! You are so thin! No wonder people mistake you for a girl.” Teukie joked.

“And my natural beauty has completely nothing to do with that? I think not. I mean who could not like the beautiful Kim Heechul?” Heechul said proudly as he perks up and straightens his back. Relieved that the diva in Heechul was already presenting itself Teuk stepped out of the embrace.

“Aish you…. Let’s go home.” Teukie placed his arms on Heechul’s shoulders as they made their way home.

In front of Heechul’s house Teukie bid his farewell.

“Good bye Chullie, have fun on your grandfather’s estate tomorrow.” Teukie hugs his troubled friend.

“Ughhh, don’t remind me. I love my gramps to death but there’s nothing to do in gramp’s estate, just a bunch of rooms with old relics.” Heechul said irritated.

“Sounds like the perfect place to reflect don’t you think? Maybe you’ll finally found out what to do with your life there. Give it a chance okay?” Teukie steps out of the embrace and makes his way home.

“I wouldn’t hold my breath for it!” Heechul shouts at his friend’s retreating figure.

 

 

 


 

       state-dining-room-bush2.jpg       



Later that day, in a large ornately designed room was a long table, laden with fine china and different kinds of mouthwatering dishes sat Heechul and two other figures. Heechul was pushing his food around and sighing causing the two figures to look over at him.

“What’s the matter Heechul? Is the food not to your liking?” A beautiful woman with Heechul’s features asked.

The sudden question breaks Heechul’s reverie, he places his fork down, dabs at the corner of his mouth and answers, “The food is great mother, I’m just not hungry.”

Satisfied with the answer, his mother dabbed her lips daintily with her napkin and resumed eating.

“Are you packed and ready for tomorrow then?” the second figure added.

“Yes father, I had it packed and sent in advance this morning.” Heechul curtly replied.

“Good, I hope this trip to my father’s estate will bear fruit. You may have graduated your high school with high merits and you may have passed all the tests to the most prestigious schools, but without clear direction all of that will be put to waste.” His father lectured.

“Why can’t you be like your friend who is going to law school? Now that is a young man who will go places. Look at you, look at how you dress, how you look. That is not how a successful man should act and look like!” His father continued.

“It’s because I don’t want to be a politician!” Heechul gritted his teeth. Oh how easier would it have all been if went to the same school with his friend, deep inside though he knew that it was not his calling.

“Then what do you want to do with your life?! I tolerated your lack of direction when you were still a sophomore. On your junior and senior year I became highly worried, and now that you have graduated you yet to tell us what you want to do!” his dad shouted.

“You better get your life in track or else…” his father threatened.

“Yes father, may I be excused? I’m feeling a little ill.” Heechul excused himself and made his way to his room.
 

 

 

 


 


 

“Gramps!” Heechul shouted as he made his way to the couch where his grandfather was seated.

“Ah, Heechul my beautiful grandson. How have you been?” Heechul’s grandfather asked as he embraced his grandchild warmly.

“I’m doing good gramps just a little tired from the trip.” Heechul answered.

“Then go to your room and freshen up, meet me at the dining room. I will have the cook prepare the fishes that I caught this morning.”

“You’re still fishing gramps? Aren’t you a bit too old for that? Why don’t you get one of your helpers to do that for you or better yet just get someone to buy from the market?” Heechul asked his grandfather with his voice laced with concern.

“You are forgetting that it is I who built our fishing empire from scratch. Why I started it all -”

“-with a nylon thread and a bamboo rod.” Heechul finishes the sentence.

“Yeah yeah, I know gramps. But still I don’t want you over exerting yourself.”

“How can sitting and waiting for a fish to bite my lure tire me? It’s not like I’m doing deep sea fishing like the old days. Now come on, go up to your room and meet me at the dining table. Hurry now, you want to eat the fish fresh and still warm.”

Heechul made his way up to his room and freshened up. He then made his way to the dining room to meet his grandfather.

“So tell me, why exactly did your father send you here?”

“Aw come on gramps, can’t I just go to my favorite grandfather’s house to visit him?” Heechul said.

“Don’t play games with me boy, I’m old enough to know all the tricks in the book.” His grandfather answered with a smile.

“Very well gramps, father sent me here in order to and I quote, make sense of my life” Heechul drew quotations as he said the last part.

“I knew it.” His grandfather smiled.

“Well you can stay as long as you want. One of the perks of having an old fashioned house is having no distractions to distract you from your musings.”

“I’m bored to tears already…” Heechul grumbled.

“What was that?” his grandfather asked him.

“Nothing gramps, I said this fish taste delicious.” Heechul answered quickly.

“That’s what I thought you said.” His grandfather smirked.

The rest of the meal went smoothly and pleasantly. Heechul being closer to his grandfather than his parents began catching up with his grandfather who is proving himself to be a good listener. Laughing at the appropriate moments and injecting his own brand of humor in between making the conversation all the more entertaining for the both of them. Pretty soon it was near midnight, they exchanged goodnights and went off to their separate beds.

After meticulously bathing himself and applying all of his night lotions, Heechul flopped down on his bed.

“What are you going to do with yourself Kim Heechul?” He said to no one in particular and fell asleep.
 

 

 

 


 



A week quickly passed by under one schedule. Wake up. Eat Breakfast. Roam about. Eat Lunch. Roam About. Dinner. Sleep.  At first he was grateful for the schedule that kept him busy, but after a week of exploring the esstate and the neighboring village, Heechul grew quite bored.

One morning Heechul knocked at his grandfather’s study and unceremoniously sat on the couchbeside his grandfather.

“Gramps, I’m bored…”

“Oh? Have you explored the estate?”

“Yup”

“The village?”

“Yup”

“The nearby woods?”

“Yup”

“How about the pier?”

“Yup”

“The temple?”

“Yup”

“Do you like looking like a teenage girl?” His grandfather quickly added.

“Yu- HEY! It’s not my fault I look like this.” Heechul defended himself while his grandfather chuckled.

After a few silent moments, Heechul yet again broke the silence.

“Don’t you have an internet connection here gramps?” Heechul asked.

His grandfather merely raised one eyebrow as if asking “Did you really just ask a stupid question like that?”

“I guess not…” Heechul shrugged.

Heechul then lied down on the couch.

“Im booooooooooooooooooored…. I’m gonna die of boredom. Everything around here is so ooooooooold….” Heechul flailed and whined like a kid.

“Careful there, your true age is showing…” His grandfather said dryly.

Later that night before going to sleep Heechul took out his phone and called his best friend.

“Yeobseo?” Leeteuk answered.

“Teukie? Oh I miss you! It’s so boring here! I’m about to die!” Heechul said dramatically.

“Don’t be so dramatic Chullie you can’t die of boredom.”

“I can, if took my grandfather’s cane and stick it up my eye socket just so I could do something! I’m joking by the way…”

“Chullie…. you—just—I know—underst…” Leeteuk’s broken reply.

“What? Teukie I can’t understand you. You’re breaking up! Hello? Hello?!” Heechul moved next to the window to get a better reception. After a while the call got disconnected.

“Aish! Where the hell do I have to go to get a good reception? The roof?!” Heechul threw up his hands. He then had an idea.

“Maybe not the roof but I could always go to the attic.” Heechul said to himself.

Heechul put on his fluffy cat slippers and made his way out the hall. After reaching the right hall he walked slowly and tilted his neck upward to look for the string that he will need to pull in order to pull down the steps toward the attic. After finding the string and making his way up the attic he began to fumble for a light switch when he hit his foot on something hard.

“OUCH! MOTHER F-….udgesicles…” He brought out his phone and used it as a flash light. He then located the switch and flipped it on.

He checked his phone and found out that he had a bar of signal.

“All this work and pain for a single bar?? Better than nothing i guess.”

He begins to call his friend again only this time it brought him to voice mail.

His first message was:

“Hey Teauk, it’s me Chullie. Sorry I got disconnected this place has terrible coverage! See this place is going to kill me! Don’t sleep yet please!”

The second was more aggressive:

“Teuk WAKE UP! Please!  I need to hear your voice right now, I think I’m gonna go crazy!”

The third was down right scary:

“TEAUK I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON’T ANSWER THIS DAMN PHONE IM GONNA STORM RIGHT OVER TO YOUR HOUSE AND PULL OUT YOUR BA-” something caught Heechul’s attention.

Heechul heard something shifting and shuffling.  He then shrugs and continues with his message.

“AS I WAS SAYING I AM GONNA PULL OUT YOUR-” The sound from earlier was back, only this time it’s much louder.

“TEAUK IM GONNA GO, I’LL CALL YOU LATER…” Heechul pocketed his phone and began to walk towards the sound. Slowly he made his way towards whatever it is that was making the sound. He saw an old worn out chest and made his way towards it.

 

im0672b.jpg

 

He placed his ear on the top of the chest to hear what’s inside. Contemplating on whether to open or not he asked himself

“Isn’t this the part where the audience yells DON’T OPEN IT STUPID!” He shakes his head.

“Aish Heechul this isn’t a horror movie!” He tries to convince himself.

“Huh... that was exactly the same phrase the girl on Scream II said before she died…”

At closer inspection, the chest looked to be very old. The designs etched on its outsides were no longer visible and has long faded. Once he placed both of his palms on top of the chest, the latches sprung open.

“Yup this is the part where I should run…” but no matter how much his brain is telling him to. His body wouldn’t follow.

He lifted the lid and slowly opened it while keeping his eyes firmly closed. Once he fully opened the chest and took a peak he was blinded by a bright light coming from inside it. He then felt his body being pulled inside the chest. He barely had the time to close his eyes again before everything disappeared in a swirl of colors.

 

 

 

 


 

Rice-Paddy-green-19742086-1200-880.jpg

“Hey…”

“Hey pabo! Wake up!”

“Wake up!”

Heechul stirs as someone kept poking his sides. Deja vu he thought.  He swats the offending hand away and makes himself more comfortable as he lies down on the grass by removing the offending blade of grass that was tickling his ear. His eyelids suddenly flew open.

“Grass?? Where? Where am I?!” He quickly raises himself in to a sitting position regretting it a moment later as the blood suddenly came up to his head. He felt a hand supporting his back, after the dizziness has passed he looks at the owner of the hand supporting him.

“H-hi” a boy around probably his age stuttered.

“Uhhh…. Hello?” Heechul said uncertainly.

The boy then suddenly clears his throat and tries to speak again.

“A girl shouldn’t be out here in the field especially this time close to nightfall.”

“G-girl? Who?” Heechul asked confused.

“I think you hit your head somewhere, who else could I be talking to? You of course.” The boy said.

“I am not a girl! I’m a man!” Heechul grabbed the boy’s hand and placed it against his chest.

The boy’s eyes grew 10x larger and blushed tomato red. HE tried to pull back his hand but Heechul’s vice like grip prevented him from doing so.

“Feel it!” Heechul glared and commanded.

“I-I this is wrong” The boy stammered.

Not seeing the reaction that he wanted, Heechul grabbed the boy’s other hand and placed it on his chest. Both the boy’s hands were on his chest. Upon doing this the boy’s eyes grew even more impossibly to owl like proportions and turned a few more shades redder. Slowly blood came out from the boy’s nose and he fainted.

“Way to go Heechul, you killed him by letting him touch your chest.” He said to himself exasperatedly.

He stood up and found himself in the middle of a rice paddy.

“Strange… I don’t remember this place. The last thing I remember was that stupid chest on the attic.”

Heechul then gasped as he looked at the boy who is unconscious beneath him. He was wearing robes that definately did not belong to this era, he vaguely remembered seeing photos of these kinds of clothing from a textbook. He looks around and sees nothing but rice paddies as far as the eye could see. Normally, even in the provinces you could still see power lines no matter where you go - no power lines here. The human complex kicked in, when confused, find somebody to blame.

“He must have kidnapped me! There’s no way what happened last night could happen. Maybe he drugged me with some kind of hallucinogen… Yeah… That’s it! He drugged me… that’s why I saw those swirls of color!”

He then glared at his unconscious kidnapper.

“Suits you right for kidnapping me!” he kicked the feet of the unconscious boy. The boy then stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

“What kind of dream was that? Falling unconscious because of touching a woman’s chest? How weak can I be?” The boy snorted to himself. He then looks up to see a glaring Heechul with two arms raised clutching one of his fluffy cat slippers.

“I-it wasn’t a dream?” he slowly began to blush all over again.

“You’re a pretty lousy kidnapper you know that? Why did you abduct me? How did you abduct me?” Heechul raised his fluffy slipper higher threatening the boy to answer him.

“Bwo?! Abduct?! You were the one who I found sleeping here in our farm! I didn’t abduct you!” he slowly began to stand up. Heechul slowly began to shrink back.

“Yeah right? How did I end up here then? Magic?” he said sarcastically.

“I don’t know! Maybe you one too many drink slast night that’s why you passed out. Not something a girl should do mind you…” The boy slowly raised his hands to prove that he wasn’t a threat.

Heechul’s eye narrowed and he smacked the boy with all his might. Upon impact the fluffy slipper gave a loud squeak and proved to be a useless weapon. He let it fall towards the ground and raised his fists. “I AM NOT A GIRL! Do you want me to repeat what I just did earlier?” Heechul shouted.

The boy rubs at his head and turned tomato red again but then he remembered something.

“I didn’t feel anything…” he said quietly to himself trying to relive the sensation of the other's chest.

“You damn right didn’t. Because, I. AM.NOT.A.GIRL!” Heechul shouted again this time punching his stomach.

“Well then… if you’re not a girl… aish!” Hangeng scratched his head. "What are you doing here in our farm?" Hangeng questioned the other boy who remained unresponsive. Heechul's brain was filled with questions and it was obvious to him that the other didn't have the anmswer to any of them.

“He-hey, are you okay?” Hangeng asked.

“He’s clearly confused and scared. Better ask him a few simple questions first then.” He said to himself.

“I-im sorry. I-I didn’t mean to scare you like that. My name is Hangeng, what’s yours?”

They looked right at each other for the longest time before Heechul broke their silent truce.

“I-it’s Heechul. My name is Kim Heechul.”

“Well Heechul you got any ideas why are you in the middle of our rice field wearing that?” Hangeng asked as he motioned at Heechul's pajama.

“I don’t know. Last thing I remember was looking for a cell signal at the attic. Then I found this old chest then nothing.” Heechul said.

“Cell? Signal? What’s that?” Hangeng asked.

Heechul raised one of his eyebrow and was about to ask whether he was serious when Hangeng suddenly stood up.

“Aish, it’s near nightfall! We can’t be outside! Come on! We have to get to town square!” Hangeng quickly said. He grabbed Heechul’s hand and dragged him towards town.

“Why? Why do we have to go to town square? Why can’t we be outside during the night? Is it some kind of curfew?” Heechul asked clearly confused, as he was dragged by Hangeng.

“So many questions! Do you have a death wish? Do you want the Agmas to eat you?” Hangeng continued to pull Heechul along.

“Agmas? Eat me? What the hell are you saying?” Heechul put his foot firmly down stopping both of their movements.

“Seriously? You don’t know what Agmas are? Where have you been living all your life?” hangeng asked incredulously, panic written all over his face.

“Uhh I know that I don’t always visit here at Gangwong do because I live in Seoul… I don’t remember my grandfather ever mentioning me the word Agma though… ” Heechul thought back.

“You really aren’t from here are you? I can’t explain it now because we only have a few minutes before the sun is completely down. Please you have to trust me; you don’t want to stay out here during the night. Please, let’s hurry.” Hangeng looked at Heechul eyes pleadingly.

After a few seconds of hesitation Heechul nodded and ran alongside Hangeng towards the village square. After a few minutes of running they could already see the outlines of town.

“We’re nearly there!” Hangeng panted. He continued to run alongside Heechul until they were inside the village. The sun was already down when they reached their destination.

“! ! We have to hurry!” Hangeng cursed.

“Why can’t we hide in one of these houses?” Heechul asked as he tried to keep up with Hangeng.

“We can’t - it’s no use. They’ll find us inside and kill us. Those houses don’t have enchantments to ward off Agmas. Hurry! There it is!” Hangeng and Heechul ran faster only to stop dead on their tracks.

The town square was burning. Right in front of them was a hooded figure crouched over a woman lying on the cobbled road. The hooded figure raises it heads as if smelling the air. It turned to face Heechul and Hangeng.

What Heechul saw made his blood freeze.
 

 

 

 


razac_pair.jpg


  


The figure in tattered clothing looked directly at him. Behind the hood was wrinkly rotting pitch black skin, pair of black beady eyes and a mouth with no lips filled with rows upon rows of jagged teeth. A foul odor wafting through it nearly made Heechul gag.

Behind the hooded figure lies a woman with her entrails chewed and exposed. As Heechul staggered back, the creature lunged. It all happened it slow motion, the creature springing towards him and Hangeng hitting the creature as it got closer with a piece of wood. Hangeng grabs Heechul’s hand and half-dragged - half-carried him towards town square.

In the middle of town square is the town hall, a building that has extra enchantments to ward off Agmas specifically designed for these kind of situations. They made a mad dash for it. They were lucky that most Agmas were busy feasting to notice the pair running. They reached the town hall doors and pounded on the doors.

“LET US IN! PLEASE!” Hangeng shouted while pounding the doors.

Behind them, Agmas were beginnings to take notice of them.

“PLEASE! LET US IN! PLEASE!!” Hangeng frantically shouted along with Heechul.

Hushed voices could be heard behind the doors.

“There are kids outside! Open the doors!” one woman said.

“NO! The Agmas might get in!” a man said.

“OPEN THE DOOR! PLEASE!” Heechul shouted.

The Agmas slowly stalked towards them.

“OH GOD PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR!” Hangeng shouted again, pleading for the others inside to open the door.

The door suddenly cracks open, Heechul and Hangeng made it just in time before one Agma lunged. The Agma lunged and hit the door, clawing and screaming. The Agma retreated as the doors shone brightly, leaving burn marks all over the Agma’s skin.

Inside the town hall, Heechul’s legs gave out and he passed out.
 

 

 

 


 

 

Heechul woke up to the sounds of idle chatter. He found himself lying on a cot with a wet piece of cloth on his forehead. He slowly got back up, not wanting the dizzy feeling of blood rushing too quickly back up the brain. He checked his surroundings and found himself chuckling.

“This is the second time I wake up and not know where the hell I am…”

He remembered the boy he was with, Hangeng, and did a cursory glance around the clusters of town people to find the boy. He stood up and stretched his overly exhausted muscles. As he was stretching, delicious smells bombarded his nostrils causing his stomach to grumble. He followed the scent of food which lead him to a soup kitchen. Observing that none of the people who were in line and serving food for themselves were paying or giving out any form of cash he grabs his own plate and falls in line.

“Excuse me, but what’s this?” Heechul asked the ajumma behind the table as he stared at a foreign seafood dish that resembled a huge eel only 5 times bigger.

 

frill-shark.jpg



The ajumma looked at him strangely before she answered “That is Frill Shark Stew”

“and this?” Heechul pointed at a huge dark meat that is slowly being roasted.

 

200px-ChalicotheriumDB1.jpg



“Calicoteri roast. Did you hit your head or something? How come you don’t know these basic dishes?”

“B-basic dishes? Ohh… I remember now… Thank you ajumma…” Heechul quickly lied to save face and took small portions of both dishes.

The ajumma clearly not believing his lie, just shrugged and continued with her work.

After finding a place to sit, he stared down at his food questioning its edibility.   His stomach emitted another low growl before he shrugged and took a small portion of the fish stew.

“Not bad… Tastes like tuna” Heechul said to himself. After that, he tried the Calicoteri meat which tasted strangely like beef. After finishing his meal and scanning the crowd one more time for Hangeng to end up with the same results, he decided to ask around.

“Excuse me Ajuhssi, but what is this place called?” Heechul asked and was not surprised to receive the ‘are you stupid?’ look.

“This village is called Gaum.” The Ajushhi answered.

“Ah… im still in Gangwong do province right?” Heechul asked

“Gangwong do? Where’s that? You’re in Gaum Village on Summer Isle….” The Ajuhssi said irritated at Heechul’s lack of knowledge. The ajuhssi then returned to his friends and their conversation.

“Summer Isle? Where the hell is that? Where the hell am I? That chest, the one that pulled me in. I think it must have transported me to this place.”

As he was pacing the floor he felt people’s eyes staring at him.

“What is that person wearing? Some kind of weird clothes…”

"Look at his shoes? Is that supposed to be a pink cat?"

“Must be a foreigner then… Maybe from Winter Soil?”

“No no no must be from….”

Heechul hearing snippets of the conversation around him looks at himself.

“Weird, I’m wearing regular shirt and jeans… it must be the pink slippers then...” he then stares at the clothing of the people around him. The villagers were all wearing traditional Hanboks.

“Could I have been transported in the past? I don’t think so.. I don’t remember hearing any of these names in my history class…”

As Heechul continued his pacing, he heard a bell being rung. Immediately, the people’s chatter became louder as the crowd suddenly began to walk towards the front of the town hall.

In a raised platform, an old man stood up and called the people to order.

“Quiet down, everybody quiet down!”

“HOW CAN WE STAY SILENT? THOSE FILFTHY DEMONS SLAUGHTERED AND KIDNAPPED OUR LOVED ONES” one man cried.

“WHAT HAPPENED? I THOUGHT TOWN SQUARE WAS SAFE?” a woman yelled with the other villagers.

“Now if all of you would have quieted down and listened maybe I would have already told you the reason!” The old man said.

The town’s people finally quieted and the old man cleared his throat.

“Now, the town square should have been safe. A basic pentagram perimeter was in place and should have stopped the entry of the Agmas”

The crowd gasped.

“What does that mean? Why can’t your magic repel them Village Elder?” a random village asked.

“It seems that I have underestimated these agmas, also I have gone complacent. Those wards have protected town square for years. It is also evident that the agmas are growing stronger. I cannot maintain a stronger protective perimeter that would cover the whole of town square. It was fortunate that I was able to place a strong secondary perimeter surrounding town hall during the attack or else more lives would have been lost.” The Village Elder said with a grim voice.

“Why are they kidnapping town’s people? This has never happened before.” Heechul’s attention snapped to the young man who spoke. It was Hangeng.

“That I do not know. In all my years as Village Elder they have never kidnapped before. They only killed and feasted.” The Village Elder said.

“They must still be keeping those kidnapped alive somewhere! We have to save them! We have to save my mother!” Hangeng shouted. Heechul made his way towards Hangeng and placed a supporting hand at his shoulder. They briefly looked at each other when the Village Elder answered,

“We do not have the resources to pursue them. Though we may outnumber them but these people are farmers not warriors and so are you young man. You wouldn’t last a second against one of them, even with their weakened form during the day they still outmatch you in terms of strength.”

“So we just give up? We just let those who were taken captive to die? I know I am not the only one who got one of their loved ones taken! WHO WILL GO WITH ME TO RESCUE THEM?” Hangeng shouted  as tried to rally the villagers. He looked at the faces of his fellow villagers. No one, not a single hand rose to support him. All the villager’s faces were downcast not meeting his gaze.

“Che… Cowards…” Hangeng scoffed.

“I’ll have to do it myself then.” Hangeng shook off Heechul’s hand and left the group.

“Geng!” Heechul shouted as he tried to stop his friend, but Geng did not look back.

 

 

 


 

 


With Hangeng gone and the crowd slowly dispersing Heechul felt terribly lost. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to see the Village Elder looking strangely at him.

“You, what’s your name? Where did you come from?” The Village Elder asked inquisitively.

“My name is Heechul, I’m originally from Seoul visiting my grandfather’s estate in Gangwong do. I don’t know how I got here.” Heechul truthfully answered.

“A red haired foreigner from a distant land with no recollection of how he got here eh? How curious… Follow me.” The Village Elder went ahead confident that Heechul would follow him.

“Where are we going?” Heechul asked.

“I have a sneaking suspicion that I have seen you somewhere before…” The Village Elder said.

“Oh… I get that all the time… You must have seen my commercials… You know back home I was kind of famous I have a commercial about POCKY Sticks, Spris, Sunk-…” Heechul stopped his babbling at the clear inattention of the Village Elder.

“That’s nice.. I don’t know what you just said but I am still sure that I have seen your face from other sources before.” The village elder said and didn’t speak again for the duration of their walk.

Reaching the outer limits of town the two saw Hangeng perched on a rock.

“You” the Village Elder pointed at Hangeng.

“Yes?” Hangeng said reluctantly.

“I may have found a way to rescue your family and the other villagers. Come with us.” The Village elder quickened his pace sure that his command will be followed.

Sure enough, Hangeng followed but lagged a few steps behind. After an hour of walking, Heechul was sweaty, tired and highly irritated.

“YAH! How long are we gonna keep on walking! My shirt is dripping wet! Eww!” Heechul complained.

“We’re nearly there, patience.” The Village Elder said.

“You said that half an hour ago!” Heechul shouted

“Your red hair compliments your attitude…” The Vilage Elder quipped.

“And what do you mean by that?” Heechul asked incredulously earning him a snort from Geng’s direction. Heechul turned around and gave Geng his sweetest smile.

“Why are you laughing?” Heechul asked in a sickening sweet bordering scary voice.

Hangeng flinched and mumbled “Nothing…”

“Now if you too love birds would look this way you would notice that we have arrived.” The village elder said.

They have arrived in what seemed to be a ruin of a temple. Pillars we’re toppled, the marble floors cracked and some parts of the roof caved in. The Village Elder paid no attention to these and walked inside the temple. The inside was pretty much the same if not worse as the scene outside.

“Geng, do you know how the agmas came to be?” The village elder asked.

Hangeng shook his head.

FLASHBACK:

 

In the old times, when the world was still young, the world was governed by the two celestial brothers. By natural order, the world was split in half; one side was basking in endless daylight, the other, reveling in darkness. It was said that the older brother ruled over the light while the younger ruled over the dark. Everything was peaceful and thrived as both brothers co-existed and kept the peace for many aeons. 

When humans came forth, everything changed. The humans worshipped and favored the oldest brother because of his dominion of the daytime. They held celebrations and made their living in the older brother’s domain and would only come over to the younger’s domain to sleep. Overtime, the younger brother harbored hatred for the humans and jealousy for his older brother.

During an extremely rare celestial advent where all the planets perfectly align, a baby girl with flaming red hair was born. It was said that this baby possessed “God Eyes” the power to see the real form of celestial beings, which both brothers saw as a threat. To see the real form of a being would make it that easier to find the real name of that being. Real Names are very powerful you see, and seldom given to others for it will give the other power over you, that’s why gods hide theirs all the more. Not wanting to lose the trust and most importantly the favour from the humans by killing a defenseless child, they decided to wait for the baby to grow. As the baby grew, her powers started to grow as well as her beauty. . With big doe eyes, full kissable lips and skin so perfect and white, n
o man was immune to her beauty, not even the celestial brothers. It was said that her beauty and talents caused wars and discord amongst the humans. The girl having born with the gentlest and purest of heart was extremely saddened by the loss of lives that she caused, she decided to retreat in to the wilds cursing her beauty.


 It was an agreement between the brothers that one of them would wed her and make her immortal. She was courted by the two gods and was showered with presents in a vain attempt to woo her. The woman who never really liked gold and other riches denied their advances. The younger brother adamant that the way to the woman's heart was through valuable riches continued to send treasure after treasure one more valuable than the other. His brother, the wiser among the two gave out his most precious possession, his real name. Touched by the immense show of trust and devotion the woman accepted the older's advances.

 


I wasn't long before the woman fell in love with the older brother and agreed to be his wife. Upon hearing this, years of jealousy and hate finally filled the younger brother’s heart. During the night, he spirited her away and molested her in his domain. Once the older brother heard of this, he stormed his brother’s domain. Knowing that his older brother is stronger because of the humans worshipping him, he had no choice but to flee, taking the now pregnant woman with her. Wherever the brothers went, light and dark followed, no matter how fast the older brother chased, his younger brother would be leagues ahead. This cycle would soon be called night and day by the humans.  

The woman carried and bore children of darkness. Hideous creatures that are black as night and whose sole purpose in life was to cause human misery. Those that she bore were the first of the Agmas. The woman having been made as  an immortal through the forced cried endlessly and left trails of tears across the night sky hoping that someday her godly lover would be able to follow them to her rescue. Humans now call these tears as stars.

Seeing no apparent end to the endless chase, slowly and secretly she plotted her own plan. She created and formed constellations with her tears giving them shape and purpose. After the last of the twelve constellations were created, she gave and breathed her immortality among her creations. Not wanting her young creations to be found out before they were fully grown, she hid them behind gates. With each gate came a special key that would open it. She hid those keys by scattering them across the land as she was dragged by her godly jailor.

As she lied completely drained of her powers, she prophesized.



“Oh ye God of The Night, a time will come where a servant of the godess shall come forth. Hair burning bright with the vengeance of her patron, the servant will rid the lands of all evil. The twelve creations will be the instruments, as the servant opens the gate, the age of darkness will disappear.”

 

As she spoke her final words her body was lifted in to the heavens. Her soul departed from her body and reached out for her love to give him parting words.

“My love, a time will come when we will be truly together. But that time still has yet to come, as long as there are still evil hiding amongst the darkness I vow to reflect your light in the darkness. Goodbye my love.”

Her soul drifted back to her body as she curled up to become as we know now as the moon.

 

sky-with-full-moon-and-stars-thumb955191



The Village Elder finished his lesson, his back still to his audience.

“How will this history lesson help me save my mother?” Hangeng added.

The village elder turned around to look at them. He then pointed over to the far wall and said

“Look”

Two pair of eyes followed his gesture. Painted on the wall was a huge, mural. Some of its parts were faded, others were cracked but all in all the entire mural was still well preserved.

The mural depicted a figure with red hair in the middle clutching 12 keys at its heart. Surrounding the red haired figure were 12 orbs of light each having a unique symbol. Each orb gave out its own glow which spread throughout most of the mural. Where the light shone, it depicted beautiful landscapes, lush vegetation and peaceful sceneries, while the dark areas depicted desolate, war torn and barren lands.

After a few minutes of examining the mural Hangeng spoke,

“Woah, that looks strangely like you Heechul” Hangeng looking exchangedly at Heechul and the figure in the mural.

“Ye-yeah it kinda does.” Heechul agreed.

“Who painted this, what does it mean?” Heechul asked the Village Elder.

“Do you remember the prophecy of the goddess?” The Village Elder asked.

“Yes” Heechul nodded and recited the prophecy word per word.

The Village Elder wore an ‘It’s obvious’ expression. Heechul then began to fit the puzzle.

“Wait. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ING KIDDING ME!” Heechul took a step back.

“You don’t see anyone else here with red hair do you?” The Village Elder said.

 

 

 


 



Heechul was in shock. One moment he was talking to Teuk, the next he gets swallowed by a damn chest, the next moment he is running for his life and now this crazy old man is calling him the servant of the goddess! He sat down and rubbed circles on his aching temple.

“You know, there is a way to confirm whether you are the servant of the goddess…” The Village Elder said.

Heechul’s head snapped up “Lead the way, let’s get this whole servant of the goddess mumbo jumbo out of the way.”

With his mind still reeling he followed the village elder in to deeper parts of the temple. The village elder grabbed a torch hanging on the wall and it immediately lighted up.

“Woah, how did you do that?” Heechul asked.

“Magic” The Village Elder noncommittally as if setting things alight was an everyday thing to him and went deeper in to the tunnel. They reach a huge room with an altar at the dead center of it. The caved in roof provided the altar the perfect spotlight as sunlight filtered through it. Upon reaching the altar, they found a pedestal with an ornate key laid upon it.
 

$(KGrHqYOKpEE3uNLdC8bBN8oP34EC!~~0_3.JPG

 

“Try to take it” the village elder motioned Heechul to try.

Heechul swallowed and reached out for the key. Slowly he extended his digits towards it. Hangeng and the village elder unconsciously leaned forward with anticipation when,

“Is there gonna be some kind of y trap when I take it?” Heechul suddenly turned around.

 Hangeng and the village elder both facepalmed.

“No, only the servant can remove it from the pedestal…” The village elder explained.

“You better make sure, if monkeys suddenly pour down the walls and chase me like the ones in Temple Run I am so gonna leave you guys.” Heechul sighed as he watched the bewildered expressions of his companions.

He turns back to the key and touched it. Upon contact the whole temple lit up. From outside the temple a ray of light coming from the top of the temple shot up towards the heavens.

Upon touching a scene flashed briefly through his mind. There were two fishes swimming in a circle.

“Prove yourself to me”

He heard in his mind before he passed out.

 

 

 


 



Hangeng saw it in slow motion. Heechul holding the key – a blinding light – Heechul falling to the floor. With amazingly quick reflexes Hangeng was able to catch Heechul before he hit the ground.

“Heechul, Heechul wake up!” Hangeng shook Heechul.

After a few more shakes Heechul’s eyelids fluttered open. Hangeng visibly relaxed as he laid the red head on his lap. Heechul tried to get up but Geng pushed his shoulder’s down.

“What happened?” Heechul asked.

“Well... when you grabbed the key the whole temple lit up then you collapsed.”

“What did you see?” The Village Elder asked curiously Heechul.

“I-I saw 2 fishes swimming in a circle. I also heard a voice that said to prove myself…”

“Well I guess this proves that you are the servant of the goddess then. You would have been dead by now if it wasn’t you.”

“ I COULD HAVE DIED?! WAY TO WITHOLD VALUABLE INFORMATION GRAMPS! WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?!” Heechul sat back and glared at the village elder.

“You didn’t ask me” the village elder shrugged.

It was already noon when the trio made it back to the town.

“So now we’ve established that Heechul is the servant of the goddess, what now?” Hangeng asked the elder.

“Truthfully I don’t know. The prophecy said that the servant would be able to use the constellations as instruments. I don’t know how he’ll summon them though. I have to check the defense wards. We don’t want a repeat of what happened last night. I'll try to look for books in the archives, don't do anything stupid.” He left the two alone.

“That useless old man! Leading us to this prophecy bull then bailing on us at the last moment.” Hangeng deflated as he sat down looking utterly defeated.

Heechul unsure with what to do sat beside him.

“They have my mother Heechul, my mother. She’s all I have left.” Hangeng sobbed.

Heechul hugged his friend; Hangeng stiffened and stood up leaving Heechul to stare up at him.

“I have to do it myself; I’ll storm their cave and save my mother along with the other villagers.” Hangeng said determinedly.

“Are you stupid?! You mean to say that you’ll storm their house ALONE?” Heechul asked sarcastically.

Hangeng glared down at him and met his eyes.

“She’s all I got” with that Geng’s expression turned softer.

Seeing the determination behind Geng’s eyes, Heechul sighed and stood up.



Why am I doing this? I barely know him. Well... he did save my life after all. He's also the only one here that I know...


“Guess you’re not going alone then…” Heechul dusted himself off only to be tackled to the grown with a bone crushing hug.
 

 

 

 


 



Heechul watched Geng saddle their family horse as he sat under a tree.

“So… what’s the plan?” Heechul asked.

“What plan?” Geng asked.

“You know… the full proof plan that will make sure that we’re gonna leave that cave alive?” Heechul stood up and made his way towards the saddled horse.

“Uhh get in, kill the agmas, free my mother and get out?” Geng scratched his head sheepishly.

Heechul let out a huge sigh and massaged his temples.

“We are so gonna die.”

“Let’s just make one up while we ride, we can’t waste sunlight. They can’t stand sunlight by the way. If they get exposed, they burn. Simple as that. It's too bad we can't ask them nicely to step out of their cave in to broad daylight...” Geng helped Heechul mount and mounted the horse expertly behind Heechul.

“Geng my friend, you just gave me an idea. We have rope right?” Heechul smiled devilishly.
 
They arrived at the caves half an hour later. The outside was littered with bones and splashes of blood, a clear “You are going to die if you go in” sign to anyone foolish enough to come close. The duo gathered their courage and dismounted their horse.

“A-are you sure no one in the village wanted to come with us? Maybe they were just sharpening there swords?” Heechul looked at Geng hopefully.

“Positive” Geng answered. Seeing the scared expression on his friend’s face he added.

“Look, im not forcing you to come with me. You can still walk back and make it back town hall before the sun sets…”

Heechul schooled his expressions and put on a brave mask.

“No, we’re gonna do this. I’m going with you. We will save your mom and the the villagers. Come on…” Heechul grabbed the long piece of rope.
 

 

 

 


 

2614317812_8e7c0ce667.jpg

 

Geng entered the cave alone with a sword and lit torch in hand.

"Stupid Heechul and his stupid idea..." Geng fumed.

He sneaked deeper and deeper the cave until his foot hit something. Looking down he found an Agma sleeping below his feet. He raised the torch higher to find 6 sleeping Agmas scattered throughout the cave floor. In the middle, was a wooden cage that held the villagers and his mother inside. He looked desperately at his mother and placed a finger on his lips. His mother along with the other villagers looked scared and hopeful. Geng took a deep breath before setting the nearest Agma on fire shouting,

“COME AND GET ME DEMON SPAWN!” as he ran for his life towards the cave entrance.

Hangeng ran with sword and torch in hand as he heard ear piercing shrieks and guttural snarls behind him. He felt jaws snapping at the back of his heels which spurned him to run faster than he has ever ran before. Seeing the tunnel entrance one Agma lunged at Geng to prevent him from reaching the light. The Agma was able to scratch Geng right arm leaving three deep gashes causing him to drop his sword.


 “!” Geng pumped his legs faster for a final burst of speed and was able to reach outside the cave. He collapsed on his knees as he catched his breathe and turns to look back at the mouth of the cave.

Geng laughed at the sight of 5 agmas crouched low at the cave entrance clearly not wanting to step foot outside the dark cave. “Not pretty tough now eh? Why don’t you come out and show me how strong you are. Well? Come on!” Geng taunted.

One agma hissed and stepped forward causing Geng's heart to freeze, only to retreat back to the cave with a loud shriek as the sun burned its arms.  

Geng gained confidence at the event and laughed even harder.

“What? Bad case of the sun burn?” Geng continued to taunt the enraged agmas.

“I will eat your intessssstinesss ssssssslowlyyyy”

Geng stopped laughing and looked at the agmas.

“Y-you can talk?”

“I will cut your tongue and eat it while you ssssssssscream” said the other agma.

“H-ha! You can’t get out of the cave! The sun will burn you to a crisp!” Geng began to find courage as he remembered the scene earlier.

“Then sssssssince you woke usssss up might asssswell eat one of your friendsssss” another agma said.

“NO!” Geng stepped forward only to stop himself a few paces in front of the cave.

It was now the run of the agmas to laugh. Their laughter sounded like a cacophony of snakes hissing.

“We will eat them ssssslowly, you’re welcome to hear their sssscreamssssss” one agma started to step back only to stop when it felt it’s foot caught on something. It was a rope laid down on the entire width of the cave entrance.

Hangeng smirked as he yelled “HEECHUL! NOW!”
 

 

 

 


 


Before entering the cave Heechul had an idea. He laid the rope a little far from the cave entrance, just far enough for it to be hidden by the darkness. He then grabbed the end of the rope and tied it at the saddle of the horse.

Upon hearing Hangeng’s shout he kicked the sides of the horse causing it to whiny and gallop forwards. This caused a chain reaction. As the horse galloped it pulled on the ropes which in turn caught the back of the agmas feet dragging them forwards in to the light.

As the agmas were dragged outside the cave all of them soon caught on fire and burned to ashes.

“TAKE THAT!” Hangeng shouted and whooped evidently happy from the turnout of Heechul’s carefully laid out trap.

Heechul turned the horse around as soon as he heard Hangeng cheering.

“We did it!” Geng gave Heechul his most blinding smile and pulled the smaller male off the horse.

“Woah, woah there” Heechul raised his hands. Geng pouted because of the rejection. His smile returned as he saw the wind blowing the ashes of the burned agmas.

“We still have to free your mom and the others, we can rejoice later” Heechul smiled as he pushed Geng inside the cave.
 

 

 

 


 



Geng and Heechul reached the place where the villagers were held captive. Hangeng called out

“Umma we did it! We called the agmas! Those idiots fell for our trap! I can’t believe it was so easy to-” Geng stopped at the reactions of the villagers. Instead of relieved smiles and happy chatter the villagers were all quiet and remained huddled.

“We saved you, we’re gonna set you free now there’s no more agmas. No need to be afraid.” Geng stepped closer to the cage, still no reaction from the villagers. He reached for his mother through the bars.

“Be-b-behind you” his mother said.

Geng turned back to see 4 agmas, one of them was holding Heechul in it’s arms.

“Move and I’ll break hissssss pretty neck” the agma holding Heechul said.

Heechul flinched as the air coming from the agma's hisses came in contact with his neck.

Geng could do nothing as one agma slowly stalked in front of him and scratched his chest. Geng could only scream as the agma continued to slowly scratch his arms, chest and stomach leaving long bloody trails of deep gashes. The agma slowly the blood on his elongated nails was in blood lust.

“STOP IT!” Heechul screamed as he trashed against the agma holding him. He was able to land his elbow on the agma’s stomach which did nothing but enraged it. He was spun forwards by the amount of force behind the back hand blow of the agma that connected with his right cheek. He fell down and crawled towards Hangeng.

The 4 agmas laughed as they watched Heechul crawling towards Geng. Geng hastily grabbed Heechul’s wrist and positioned him at his back angling his body to cover Heechul. The agmas laughed their snake laugh with renevew vitality as they watched Geng’s pathetic attempt to protect the other male.

“I-im sorry Heechul, I thought everyone of these things followed me.” He breathed out shakily.

“Shhh it’s okay Geng. It’s also my fault to think that we got everyone of them.” Heechul assured his friend.

Hangeng staggered and collapsed on one knee probably from the amount of blood that he is losing. One agma then said,

“Let’ssssss finish thisssssssssssss, I’m hungry!” the agma staring intently at the blood oozing from Hangeng’s skin.

The agmas advanced and lunged for them.

Heechul went in front of Geng and closed his eyes tightly.

Unknown to him the key on his pocket began to shine brightly.
 

 


 

 

tumblr_lftba5iZg01qa7tfso1_500.jpg


“Self-sacrifice”

Heechul slowly opened his eyes and saw a handsome young man in a white hanbok sitting at the edge of a pond. Everything else except for the pond was… nothing… just plain white as far as the eye can see.

“Is this heaven? Am I dead?” Heechul asked the young man surprising himself with how calm he was acting over being dead.

The young man chuckled.

“No you’re not dead” the young man looked at him calmly with a smile.

“I’m not? Well that’s great.” Heechul can’t help but smile because of the young man’s gentle smile.

The young man turned his attention to the pond causing Heechul to do the same. Swimming in the pond were two koi fishes. One black and one white swimming circles at each other. The image suddenly brought back the brief image that Heechul saw when he touched the key. He also remembered the voice that spoke to him back then. He looked at the young man.

“You were the one that spoke to me the first time I held the key”

After a long pause the young man finally looks up and met Heechul’s gaze.

“Yes I was the one that spoke to you, I am the fish constelation, Pisces.”

Heechul was a loss for words so Pisces continued.

“You have proven yourself worthy to call me Heechul.”

“H-how? What did I do?” Heechul asked.

“Self-sacrifice. You threw your body in front of your friend to protect him.”

“That’s it? But any friend would do that given the same situation.” Heechul asked still not convince.

“No Heechul, not everyone will do that for a friend much less in your case. How long have you met Hangeng? 2 days? And yet sacrificed your own body to protect him.”

“B-but it’s no use. I’m here and he’s there what good did that do?” Heechul looked away.

“Oh? I called upon your soul to my domain Heechul I did not take away your body. I called you here in order to make a contract with you.”

“A contract?” Heechul asked clearly confused.

“Yes, a contract. It would enable you to call me and my service whenever you need me. The mother wouldn’t send you out in to the world without weapons now would she? But first you need a shield.” Pisces leaned in and whispered at Heechul.
 

 

 

 


 

     

Time stopped.

As the agmas froze mid-air, Heechul opened his eyes and grasped at the key on his pocket. He pulled it out and clutched it as his chest. Words naturally began to come out of his lips    
 


Oh Heavenly Shield of Light
Shield us from the clutches of darkness
Hear my call.
OPEN THE GATE OF FISH CONSTELATION, PISCES!
         

 

Heechul raised the key in front of him and turned it. Heechul's eyes glowed with power as his clothes fluttered and billowed around him. A circle of blue light appeared and expanded at his feet encircling his body.

A symbol appeared mid-air and shone brightly.

pisces_symbol.jpg

The symbol pulsed and from it’s center, the two koi fish emerged and swam in a huge circle. Light followed the two fishes around forming a round outline which soon filled with light as the fishes made a full circle. Both fishes met at the center making a Ying and Yang symbol before finally disappearing leaving a shield of light between Heechul and the agmas.

Time seemingly got back its cue as the agmas came crashing at the shield. As the agma make contact with the shield, they quickly disintegrated leaving not a trace behind.

“Good job Heechul” Heechul heard Pisces say as he turns around to see the awed faces of the villagers and Hangeng. He gave them his signature smirk before he crumpled and out.

“Rest young one, this is just one of many sacrifices that you will make in the future. Your future is filled with danger and sorrow but do not fear for the mother has given you allies to aid you in your journey.”
 

 

 

 


 


Heechul woke up to a familiar scene. He was laid down on a cot with a wet piece of cloth at his forehead. He was however no longer in town hall, he was in a small room in probably one of the homes of the villagers. He tries to smoothen out his filthy clothing grimacing as his shirt and jeans were caked with mud and other unmentionables. He shrugs and pokes his head out of the door.

Seeing the door open and the red hair that poked through it, Geng stood up and met Heechul.

“Hey… How are you feeling?” Geng greeted Heechul

“Good actually, how about you? From what I can remember you’re injuries were much worse than mine.” Heechul then began to fuss around Hangeng.

“Relax Heechul I’m okay. My wounds have closed up and my wounds are healing. You slept for three days, plenty of time for my wounds to heal.” Hangeng said.

“BWO?? 3 days?” Heechul asked, shocked on how he was able to sleep for three straight days.

“Relax Heechul, calling on one of the spirits must have been really tiring. You’ve been asleep for 3 days with nothing to eat, you should sit down and eat!” Hangeng led Heechul to the table and served him while catching him up to date with what happened during the time that he was asleep.

After Heechul finished eating, Geng told Heechul that the town elder was looking for him.

“Can I take a bath first? I reek” he scrunched up his nose as he looked at himself.

After bathing and a change of clothes, Heechul and Hangeng made their way to town hall.

“Are you sure that you didn’t have any more spare clothes? I look ridiculous in this.” Heechul said as he tried to readjust his hanbok feeling the stares of people as they pass by.

“Trust me, you look fine…” Hangeng said as they continued walking, inwardly laughing because he gave Heechul one of his mother’s hanbok to wear.

“Why are people staring at me then Geng?” Heechul asked Hangeng.

“Word must have gotten around on how you saved the villagers” Hangeng shrugged as he contained his laughter.

“Last time I remember, there were two of us riding towards that cave.” Heechul said dryly.

They reached town hall and went straight to the elder’s living quarters.

“Ah, Heechul I see that you have woken up. Please, take a seat.” He motioned for Hangeng and Heechul to sit.

“I assumed you were able to call upon the spirit within the gate?”

“Yes, I was able to call upon a great shield. The spirit’s name is Pisces.” Heechul said.

“So what are your plans now?” The elder asked.

“Probably find a way back home then?” Heechul said, not sure with his answer.

“Do want to know what I believe?” the elder asked.

“I have a sinking suspicion that you’re gonna tell me anyways, so no.” Heechul smirked.

“I believe that the fates has brought you here for a reason.” The elder looked at Heechul patronizingly.

“And what reason could that be? Save the world?” Heechul replied sarcastically.

“Well for one thing, yes. I do believe however that fate sent you here because you are looking for something.” The elder stood up from his seat and paced.

“Plus, I believe that finding your way back home is closely connected to the powers that you still have yet to connect.”

Heechul sighed as he fiddled with Pisces’ key.

“I don’t even know which way to go.”

“I believe you do Heechul, you just have to ask.’’

“Okay then, which way do I go?” Heechul asked the Village Elder.

“Not me… him…’ The elder pointed at the key.

Heechul placed the key on the palm of his hands and asked again.

Which way do I go next?

The key acted as a compass and pointed him to a direction.
 

 

 

 


 



After a few more days of rest, Hangeng saddled Heechul’s horse, a beautiful and proud white horse that was given to him as a gift by the town’s people. After helping Heechul mount the horse, he asked him to wait. He went back to the stables and led another horse out, this horse carried provisions for the journey.

“Woah, that’s a lot of food. Also, I don’t think this horse can take all that weight.”

“You’re right, it can’t.” Hangeng shrugged.

“Then why are-” Heechul was cut off by Hangeng.

“You don’t really expect me to let you go on this journey alone do you?” Hangeng said as he mounted his own horse.

“But Geng, what about your mother?” Heechul reasoned.

“She can take care of herself Heechul and besides she was the one who practically forced me to come with you on this journey.” Hangeng laughed.

“If you’re sure then…” Heechul smiled brightly at Hangeng as he guided his own towards the well worned caravan path.
 

 

 

 


 

 


“The road is long and hard, filled with dangers and excitements. Thread cautiously for enemies are hiding in plain sight waiting to pounce on unsuspecting travelers. Fear not for you will also meet friends and allies along the way, ready to aid you in time of need. So tighten your laces and make sure your saddles are strapped, you’re adventure is only beginning.”

 

 


            

The Pisces Zodiac Sign 

February 19 - March 20

Pisces zodiac signThe Pisces zodiac sign is easily the most warm, compassionate, and self-sacrificing in the zodiac. At their highest level of evolution, the Pisces astrological sign is the spiritual mystic of the zodiac. 

Due to the Pisces person being so naturally giving of themselves, they are often the kind hearted souls who sacrifice their own time and personal energy to make the lives of others better in some way. 

The majority of time this occurs with loved ones with their spouse, child, parent, relative, or a close friend. Ultimately, they have a deep compassion for those less fortunate than themselves. The Pisces zodiac sign often has a soft spot for stray animals as well. 
 


I would also like to thank Issabela0998 for sticking with me throughout my writting process. I can safely say that she is also somewhat the co-author of the story. So thank you!