Driven Crazy

Without a Mask

The feeling of Jaesun’s lips on her neck absolutely disgusted Minah. It sent chills through her entire body and she struggled against him as best she could. However, it was no use. He had her hands pinned above her head while he was sitting on top of her. She screamed over and over again yet there was no one around to hear.

She froze like a statue went she felt his hand go under her shirt. His hands which were usually warm felt like ice on her skin. Any place where his skin made contact with hers seared painfully as if her body was rejected everything about him.

The same feelings she had felt so many years ago when her own father attacked her were surfacing again. It was the kind of fear that was suffocating to a person. She couldn’t see straight, she couldn’t breathe right, and she couldn’t move an inch. Yet, her body was trembling uncontrollably.

Jaesun finally stopped kissing her neck to look at her reaction. In that moment, Minah brought her head up and their foreheads collided. Jaesun shouted in pain and he let go of Minah’s wrist for a second. Using that chance, Minah shoved him backwards with all her strength and darted for the door.

A hand caught her wrist and held it so tightly that Minah could’ve sworn her wrist was breaking. Jaesun pulled her back just as her other hand touched the door knob. She shrieked in fright and attempted to yank free from his grip.

Her eyes met his and Minah became paralyzed. She saw the same look of fury that her father had in his eyes so long ago. For a second, she was a little girl again cowering in a corner as her father came at her with vicious motives. Then, she was back in the present with Jaesun grabbing her and kissing her fiercely. Either way, Minah was still disgusted and utterly afraid.

Her body began to grow weak from all the struggling. It was no use. Jaesun was much stronger than she was and she had tried to call for help but no help came. It was at that moment when Minah realized just how stupid she had been. All along, she had believed that Jaesun was someone she could trust. When one of her closest friends told her otherwise, she didn’t believe him. She trusted someone she had met only a few months ago over someone she had know for a year.

Minah wished she could have taken it all back. She wished that she had believed Mir instead. She wished that she had never gone up to Jaesun in the first place.

And, she wished that Mir was there to save her.

I’m so sorry Mir. I was an idiot for not believing in you. Maybe I deserve this.

Her eyes had shut and she had stopped fighting against Jaesun. He paused and broke off his kiss with her, bewildered by her reaction. He was certainly wondering why on earth Minah wasn’t struggling against him anymore, not that he was complaining.

But now, he was almost frightened by the way Minah lay there without moving. It was like she had morphed into a statue.

He barely had time to comprehend it when his door was thrown open with so much force that Jaesun thought it might fall off the hinges. Although that wasn’t right. He was sure that he had locked the door.

Mir stood there with the coldest look Jaesun had ever seen. “Get off of her. Now.”

Minah thought she was imagining Mir’s voice but when she felt Jaesun get thrown off of her, her eyes popped open. She was greeted by the sight of Mir punching Jaesun furiously. Her heart rose with relief when she realized she had been rescued.

Mir didn’t stop hitting Jaesun until he was satisfied that he wouldn’t dare to attempt something like that ever again. Jaesun had tried to fight back but failed miserably, ending up with bruises all over, a broken nose, and a black eye. Of course, there was mental and emotional damage done to him and he swore in his mind to never get himself into a mess like that for as long as he lives.

---

Practically throwing Minah onto his back, Mir left Jaesun’s house without a backwards glance. He walked towards the motorcycle and gently placed her on the seat.

“Are you okay?” he asked softly. Minah lifted her head up to look him in the eyes. She bit the inside of her cheek and held back the tears.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” There was a short moment of silence where the two of them merely gazed into each others’ eyes. “I’m so sorry Mir. I’m an idiot for not believing you.”

“Yup. You are definitely one of the stupidest people I’ve ever met. But as long as you learned your lesson and you never ever see that Jaesun guy again, I’ll forgive you,” he replied. “Now move your over.”

Mir lightly pushed Minah to the side and sat down on the motorcycle with her. She blinked, completely bewildered. Then, Mir’s first statement registered in her mind and her jaw fell open.

“What is that supposed to mean?” she yelled. Mir had a wide smirk on his face as he poked Minah in the ribs. She jerked back in surprise. Mir jabbed her again and she laughed before slapping his hand. “What are you doing? Stop that!”

“No,” he said curtly.

“Stop!”

“No. I got you to laugh so I won’t stop.” Mir’s poking soon turned into tickling and Minah laughed uncontrollably. In an attempt to get away, she nearly fell off the seat but Mir caught her just in time. His hand was on her waist and he pulled her towards him so that their faces were millimeters apart. Minah stopped breathing for a moment when she felt Mir’s breath on her. Mir’s eyes fell on her lips and unconsciously he started leaning in towards her. Just as their lips brushed together, Mir realized what he was doing. Panicking, he accidentally pushed Minah onto the ground and she landed harshly on the cement.

“Uh, sorry,” Mir stammered as he held out his hand. Minah took it and shakily got to her feet. Her cheeks felt warm and she noticed that her heartbeat had sped up.

“I-it’s okay.”

“I’ll take you home now.”

Minah nodded and climbed onto the motorcycle behind Mir. She wrapped her arms around him and held on tightly, hoping that he wouldn’t feel her heart pounding against her chest.

Driving off, Mir could barely concentrate. All he could think about was how close they had been to kissing earlier before. The feeling of Minah clinging onto his waist so tightly was driving him insane. Without noticing, Mir had started driving faster and faster. He would’ve kept going if Minah hadn’t screamed his name and hugged him even tighter than before.

Mir skidded to a stop, nearing crashing into a tree because he had someone managed to drive them through a park. He was lucky that he hadn’t hit anyone while he was in his trance.

Sitting still, Mir listened to the sound of his blood rushing through his veins. Minah had her arms around him still, trying to glance around and catch a glimpse of his face. Beginning to fear that something was wrong, Minah started to let go of Mir and stand up. Before her hands could leave contact with his body, Mir grabbed them.

He stood up and turned around, pulling Minah towards him in one fluid motion. She stumbled forward as her feet hit the ground in an awkward position.

Things were moving too fast for her as she felt Mir wrap her arms around his neck and his own hands were placed gently on her waist. Her head tilted up to look at him.

Minah didn’t pull away. She didn’t struggle. She wasn’t afraid. In fact, her heart was racing wildly at the way Mir was gazing at her. She remembered that look very well. It was the same way Byunghee had looked at her and the same way she had always gazed back at him. Except for some reason, the feeling was intensified this time.

How did she not notice it until now, Minah didn’t have a clue. The realization hit her hard. She was in love with Mir. And apparently, he felt the same way about her. Minah wondered if Mir was going to say anything to her, she wondered if he would be romantic in some way. Instead, he merely smirked. Minah was about to pull away and smack him on the back of the head but didn’t have a chance to when Mir pulled her even closer to him. The smirk disappeared from his face and was replaced with a tender smile. His eyes showed her all the emotions he was feeling at the moment, every single ounce of love he held for her and more shone in his eyes.

 “You’re really driving me crazy,” Mir whispered right before he leaned down and kissed her.

Minah really thought she was driven crazy too when everything else that had happened that day just washed away with that one kiss.