His Secret is Revealed

Without a Mask

The next day when Mir and Minah showed up at lunch together, Joon immediately interrogated them for answers as to why they hadn’t shown up the day before.

“Where were you guys? Lunch was so boring without you,” Joon said. He slightly pouted as he stood right in front of Mir, staring him down. Joon’s eyes grew wide when Mir glared at him. He had no time to react when Mir grabbed his head and smashed their foreheads together.

“Ow! Owwie! Why’d you do that?” Joon whined as he rubbed his forehead. Mir smirked and sat down on a bench.

“It doesn’t matter where we were. Maybe we were just making out behind that tree,” responded Mir. Joon gasped loudly and he looked at Minah for confirmation. Her eyes were narrowed into slits as she slapped Mir on the back of the head.

“That is not true. Don’t listen to Mir. He’s an idiot,” she said calmly. Nodding in understanding, Joon smiled and sat down beside Minah.

“Okay, that’s good then. Mir is a disgusting ert Minah so don’t kiss him,” he said while waggling his finger.

“What’d you say? You little brat,” Mir yelled. He punched Joon in the shoulder and Joon punched him back thus starting a punching war between the two. Minah giggled as she watched them.

“So, where were you yesterday?” Seungho said as he took a seat on Minah’s other side. She glanced at him and smiled warmly.

“Oh, hi Seungho. When did you get here?” she replied.

“Just now. But, are you gonna answer my question?”

“I felt like eating alone. Is there something wrong with that?” Minah said quickly. Seungho didn’t say anything but she shook his head. He knew something had definitely happened, he just thought it was better to let it go for the moment. After all, it seemed as if Minah and Mir had miraculously made up after their argument on Saturday so Seungho was satisfied.

“You aren’t hurt or anything, are you?” he asked anyways. Minah’s eyebrows rose as she gazed at him.

“No. Why would I be hurt?”

Shaking his head, Seungho answered, “No reason. I was just wondering.”

“…Okay then,” replied Minah. She turned her head to look back at the pair that was still fighting then she looked back at Seungho. “Maybe we should stop them before they bruise each other too badly.”

Seungho laughed and nodded. They stood up and at the same time, they smacked the boxing duo on their heads. Mir and Joon stopped their war and shouted in pain.

“What the hell?”

“Ouch!”

“I think you two need to stop. You’re going to kill each other and quite frankly you’re annoying,” Seungho stated bluntly causing Minah to giggle. Mir’s jaw dropped while Joon stuck out his bottom lip and pouted.

“You two teamed up against us? You jerks,” Mir exclaimed. Suddenly, Minah shoved a piece of food into his mouth catching him by surprise. He choked for a moment before swallowing the food. “W-what are you trying to do? Kill me?”

“It’s lunchtime right now so you should stop talking and eat,” she said. Finally, Mir calmed down and began to eat his lunch. He glanced at Minah and his eyes softened. A tender, warm smile graced his lips for a fleeting moment. Without thinking, he reached out and wiped away a piece of rice stuck next to her lips. She froze and stared at him, wide-eyed. Mir began inching closer to her and the gap between their lips grew smaller and smaller. Just before their lips met, Seungho grabbed Mir’s hair and yanked him backwards.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

Mir yelped in pain as he swatted Seungho’s hand away. “N-nothing…” he responded.

“I knew it, you really are a ert,” Joon said. Before Mir could get his hands on him, Joon stood up and ran away, laughing. “I’m going to class. Bye!”

Growling quietly, Mir glared after Joon’s retreating figure. “I’ll get him next time,” he murmured under his breath. Then, he turned his attention back to Seungho and Minah only to find her shooting daggers at him with her eyes.

“And what exactly were you gonna do a couple seconds ago?” she asked with her arms crossed. Her cheeks felt slightly warm and she prayed that no one would notice she was blushing. She wanted to deny the fact that her heart had fluttered when Mir nearly kissed her. It was a much different feeling from when Jaesun had kissed her.

“I… have to go! I don’t have any more classes today so I’m going home. See ya!” Mir said quickly. He stood up abruptly, grabbed his bag, and ran off. When he was off the school premises, Mir stopped and placed his hand over his chest. He could feel his heart pounding wildly and his entire face was hot. That was a close call, Mir. Were you really going to kiss her? Mir thought. He slapped his cheeks lightly and started walking away.

---

Once Mir had left, Minah went to her next class a few seconds after leaving Seungho alone. His sharp eyes had noticed the blush on her cheeks easily. Sighing softly, Seungho shut his eyes for a moment. Not only does Cheondoong like Minah but Mir does too. And, as much as I hate to admit it, I think Minah’s starting to fall for Mir. What am I supposed to do? Do I even have a chance anymore?

Seungho chuckled to himself. Although it was time for his next class, he stayed on the bench. Well, I guess I finally have to let go of my feelings don’t I? I don’t regret loving her. I won’t regret this moment either. As long as she ends up happy, I won’t ever regret falling for her.

---

Mir knocked on the door to his friend’s house and waited for about half a second before knocking rapidly.

“Hey, Zelo! Choi Junhong! Open the door!” he yelled. He heard the pounding of angry footsteps approaching the door and stepped back. The door was thrown open and Zelo stood there, his eyes blazing with fury.

“What the hell do you want Mir? I was taking a nap,” he snapped.

“Are you skipping class or something?” Mir asked as he walked inside his friend’s home.

“Oh, of course you can come in. I don’t mind at all,” Zelo said sarcastically. Shaking his head with a tiny sigh, he shut the door and followed Mir who had already made himself at home. He was lying on the couch comfortably, grinning at Zelo.

“And no, I am not skipping class. I just don’t have any today,” he replied. “What about you Mr. Business Major?”

“I only had morning classes. So, I don’t have any other classes today,” responded Mir. He grabbed the can of cola that Zelo had been drinking earlier in the day and took a big gulp. Zelo rolled his eyes in annoyance but smirked.

“Great, then that means we can hang out today.” Mir nodded and the two of them bumped their fists together, grinning widely.

“Yup. How about we storm the town like we used to in high school?” Mir suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

“That sounds awesome. I still got that extra motorcycle,” Zelo answered. The pair stood up excitedly and left the apartment in a flash. They hopped on the motorcycles and drove off through the town. They had no set destination but merely enjoyed the freedom of driving around.

The two of them finally stopped when their stomachs growled loudly. They parked in front of a Chinese restaurant, the same one that Mir had gone to with his friends after Cheondoong’s concert.

One of the waiters greeted them and led them to a table. Zelo flipped through the menu and practically drooled at all the food there was. He was starving and he was craving Chinese food so it made his appetite grow even more. Mir chuckled at his friend as he surveyed the restaurant. He already knew what he wanted since he had been there before.

He did a double take when he saw one of the waiters sitting in one of the booths in a dark corner of the restaurant. That waiter had a girl sitting on his lap as they made out, kissing sloppily. Mir would have just disregarded it if it hadn’t been for the fact that he recognized the waiter.

I must be imagining things, right? He rubbed his eyes and looked again just to make sure. I’m not imagining things. That’s Jaesun!