Inseparable

Without a Mask

Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they’re not shinin’

Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her tryin’

She’s so beautiful and I tell her everyday

Yeah, I know when I compliment her she won’t believe me

And it’s so, it’s so sad to think that she don’t see what I see

But every time she asks me ‘Do I look okay?’

I say

When I see your face

There’s not a thing that I would change.

‘Cause you’re amazing

Just the way you are

And when you smile

The whole world stops and stares for a while

‘Cause girl you’re amazing

Just the way you are

-Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Cheondoong finished singing with a smile on his face and bowed to the crowd.

“Thank so much for being here tonight. That song was dedicated to all my fans. I truly love you guys and I’m grateful for all the support you give me,” Cheondoong called out to the sea of fans in the stadium. “Oh, and I can’t possible forget the guy fans too. You guys are awesome!”

The girls cheering in the crowd squealed in delight as Cheondoong held a thumb up and winked. Minah chuckled to herself and tried to take up as little space as possible so the crazy fans wouldn’t trample her. Seungho and Mir formed a protective barrier around her while Joon jumped up and down almost as excited as the fan girls and fan boys.

Cheondoong’s chest heaved up and down from the physical exertion he used during his entire solo concert. He felt as if he would collapse at any moment, his head spinning. However, when he spotted his friends in the crowd cheering him on, he became invigorated and rejuvenated, ready to accomplish anything.

The smile on Minah’s face in particular was a big encouragement for him. He had picked his final song for the concert with the thought of Minah in mind. She truly was beautiful to him no matter what.

Minah, I wish you could someone know that song was meant for you. I love you so much and I’m in awe everyday of how beautiful you are.

Finally, the lights came on and illuminated the entire stadium and the concert was over. Cheondoong rushed backstage as the fans filed out. Gulping down water, he opened the door and came face to face with his four friends.

“Congratulations on your first ever solo concert!” they exclaimed together. Joon and Mir shot confetti into the air while Seungho hugged Cheondoong. Once they stepped away from one another, Minah went up to him carrying a bouquet.

“Congratulations Cheondoong,” she said. Cheondoong took the flowers from her and hugged her tightly.

“Didn’t I tell you to call me by my real name?” he whispered in her ear. Minah’s cheeks heated up and turned a light pink. Cheondoong pulled away and snickered when he noticed. “I’m just joking. You can call me Cheondoong if you want.”

“No, you’re right. You did tell me but I just forgot. Then, congratulations Sanghyun-ah, you did a great job tonight,” she replied.

Cheondoong was absolutely elated yet also shocked that Minah had actually called him by his real name. “T-thanks,” he stammered nervously.

“Yay, let’s go out and celebrate!” Joon cheered, ruining the moment for Cheondoong. He did his best not to snap at Joon and instead smiled softly.

“Yeah! Food, food, food!” Mir chanted. Joon and Mir hooked arms and hopped around in a circle, shouting their excitement over and over.

Seungho shook his head and placed his hands on his cheeks in distress. “What am I going to do with these kids? Are they seriously going to college tomorrow?” he sighed.

Minah and Cheondoong chuckled as they watched Seungho attempt to calm the energetic pair. Their eyes met and Cheondoong quickly looked away, blushing.

“I, uh, have to get changed then. You wouldn’t wanna be around me while I’m wearing my sweaty performance clothes,” he lightly joked. Minah smiled at him and nodded.

“Take your time. I’ll go help Seungho.” Cheondoong gazed after her as she scurried over to where Seungho was being squashed by Joon and Mir who were sitting on his back and chanting over and over about food. A tiny smile curled on his lips as he went to go change.

“Let’s go to a Chinese restaurant!” Joon said. Mir’s eyebrows furrowed as he shook his head in distaste.

“No, I want Japanese,” he retorted. Meanwhile, Seungho was still on the ground struggling to get up.

“I don’t care what either of you want. I want to be able to breathe,” he snapped. When Minah came over, he gave her a look that begged her for help. “Get them off me,” he mouthed silently.

She giggled and shoved Mir into Joon, causing them to crash to the ground. Finally free of the extra weight, Seungho instantly scrambled to his feet and breathed in deeply.

“I can finally breathe,” he said. Minah gently patted his shoulder and smiled sympathetically at him.

“Eww!” both Joon and Mir shrieked in horror. They shot up on their feet and rubbed their lips furiously.

“What happened?” Seungho asked.

The two pointed to one another accusingly and shouted, “He kissed me!” This caused Minah and Seungho to double over in laughter, tears b in their eyes.

“Don’t laugh. It was horrifying. His slimy lips were on mine!” Joon yelled. Mir looked offended and glared icily at Joon.

“Excuse me, ‘slimy lips’? I’ll have you know that girls love my lips,” he said. “Besides, I’m not thrilled with the fact that your baby lips touched mine either.”

Seungho and Minah were still too caught up with laughing to notice that the pair of fools was arguing again on whose lips were more appealing. Eventually, Cheondoong came out of the changing room to the odd scene.

“Umm, what’s going on?” he asked, unsure of whether he truly wanted to know or not. Joon and Mir immediately tried to bring him on their side of the argument while Seungho and Minah had finally calmed down.

“Okay, that’s enough!” Cheondoong roared, causing the room to fall silent. “Let’s just forget the stupid argument and go out to eat. We’re having a celebration party for me, right? So, let’s all be nice to me and not destroy my eardrums.”

“We’re sorry,” the pair apologized together. Then, they hooked arms and their eyes lit up. “We can go eat now!”

Minah was bewildered at their ability to fight and make-up in the blink of an eye but she was also amused.

“I feel like having Chinese tonight,” Cheondoong said which made Joon whoop with joy. Mir groaned but knew he couldn’t go against Cheondoong’s wishes that day. Cheondoong led the way out of the stadium and towards his car. Fans were lined up outside, screaming wildly when he appeared. The security guards pushed them back, allowing the five friends to safely get into the car.

With one last wave and a charming smile for his fans, Cheondoong drove off. Normally, he would have been going out with the staff and his manager for the celebration but since his friends were there, he saved that for another day. It wasn’t long until they reached their destination and piled out of the car.

“, I’m starving,” Mir said right when he set foot on concrete.

“Me too,” Joon voiced his agreement. Seungho led the way into the restaurant and told the host how many people were in their party.

They were seated at a table in the back corner, away from everyone else. Minah was stuck sitting between Joon and Mir so they wouldn’t murder the other during the meal. Cheondoong sat across from her and Seungho was to his right across from Mir.

“Hello, my name is Chen and I’ll be your waiter tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink?” the waiter said. It was clear that he was Korean yet the boss must have given him a Chinese name to go by in order to make everything more authentic.

Everyone ordered their drinks and Chen left them to peruse the menus. The five friends were engrossed in finding a meal that would satisfy them when another waiter came out with the drinks.

Seungho glanced at him uninterestedly at first, but his eyes narrowed when he noticed the waiter staring blatantly at Minah.

What the hell? This guy is being really obvious with his staring. When the guy placed Seungho’s drink in front of him, Seungho glowered at him.

The guy was taken aback at first but threw Seungho his own fiery glare. What’s this guy’s problem? I didn’t do anything wrong.

The guy walked away briskly and Seungho relaxed. The rest of the dinner went on without a hitch, except for when Joon spilled his drink all over himself. Luckily, they had finished eating by then and paid the bill. Cheondoong rushed them all to his apartment since it was only five minutes away. He got Joon a change of clothes and then all five of them went up to the roof.

“Woohoo!” Mir whooped enthusiastically. He waved the fireworks in his hands excitedly, the pyro in him getting the best of him. Seungho took them from him and handed him a sparkler instead. “What? Why do I get a ing sparkler? That’s so boring!”

“I don’t trust you with anything other than a sparkler,” Seungho stated simply. Minah giggled softly and went up to Mir.

“It’s okay, I’m only using a sparkler too,” she said. Mir’s mood was effectively brightened and he grabbed the rest of the sparklers.

“Alright, only Minah and I get to use the sparklers,” he said.

“What? That’s not fair,” Joon whined.

“Life’s not fair baby ,” Mir retorted. Before another argument could commence, Cheondoong pacified both sides and they finally got to light the fireworks.

The five of them watched in awe as the fireworks exploded in the sky. They cheered and smiled brightly.

“Congratulations Cheondoong!” they exclaimed.

“And congratulations to all of us for making it into college. Even Mir, who we were all worried about, managed to get in somehow,” Cheondoong said.

“Hey, you guys have no faith in me, do you?” Mir growled.

“Of course we do. We were just worried that if you didn’t get in then our group would be separated,” Cheondoong responded.

“Well don’t worry because we are inseparable.” The five friends nodded in agreement with the statement and stared up at the starry sky.

---

Hi! I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter.

Thanks for reading!