Remember

Drabbles Collection

Title: Remember
Length: Drabble
Fandom/Characters: Onew/TaeMin
Author: TheBlobMaster ^^
Warning: It's a letter.

 

As I think back at our times together, we’ve actually known each other for a long time, haven’t we? The first time we met. Both small and dirty, you were covered in sand and I in mud. We ran into each other on the playground, colliding with loud screams. We fell down on our butts, crying our eyes out. Our mothers came running, hugging us as we continued crying. The gave us some candy, and we stopped crying. I took your sanded hand with my muddy one, running towards the swings. You sat on one as I started pushing you. For the first time I heard your laugh. Loud and carefree. It filled my small heart with warmth. I smiled big and pushed a little harder making you go higher on the swing. I may not have been conscious about it at the time, but from that day on. I tried to keep that smile on your face, trying to let you laugh like you did, that day on the playground, everyday. It brings me joy to hear it, to see it. You grew, we both did. I started school, while you were still in kinder garden. We saw each other less and less. I didn’t come to the playground anymore and after a year we stopped seeing each other all together. I was sad, because I couldn’t see your smile everyday anymore. Four years passed quickly and you started school. I became your senior, you have no idea how happy I was to see you again. I smiled at you and said hi. You just smiled and bowed like your mother had taught you to. Your big backpack almost falling down on your head in the process. It wasn’t the same smile, that I loved. You didn’t recognize me, I guess you forgot about me in those four years we were separated. I was sad, thinking I wasn’t so important to you as you were to me. I observed you with sad eyes, for the next many years. I graduated from preschool and started high school, looking forward to making new friends and maybe forget you. It wasn’t easy for me, but I moved on. My high School days full of joy and homework. I ended up being second best in my entire school when I graduated. I started college, you totally forgotten. After a year of way to many assignments and no money, I decided to look for a job. I walked past the playground where we met, seeing a boy slumped on a swing looking depressed. Normally I would’ve looked the other way and walked away, but something that day made me stop up and walk towards the boy. I silently approached him, taking in his looks; soft brown hair falling in his eyes, that was staring so intensely at the sand. His school uniform not worn in it’s right form. Same high school as I went to. I sat down on the other swing, trying to get his attention, he didn’t lift his eyes though. I studied his profile. Everything from his jaw, to the curve of his nose. He was beautiful. ‘You know it’s not polite to stare, right?’ I had stared at him in utter surprise. That’s when I noticed the trace of tears on his cheeks. My body acted on it’s own accord, I got up and went behind the swing he was sitting on, I slowly started pushing him, wishing for him to let his worries fly away the higher he got. ‘Welcome back, Hyung’ I heard him mumble, before breaking out in a loud and carefree laugh. I couldn’t help, but smile my biggest smile at the sound. It made my heart warm. ‘I’m back TaeMinnie’ I whispered back to you. Remembering the most important person in my life again. I never let you go since then, and I never will. I live to see and hear that laugh everyday. I love you, TaeMin and I always will. 

Love 
- JinKi