When the night has come... And the land is dark... And the moon is the only light we'll see

I don't belong here

 

Fetus, dead man, swimmer, hobo chilling, jumping jack, Caribbean model, planking. I tried them all. All the positions I could think of, I tried them ALL. But I just couldn’t sleep. Ok, to be honest I didn’t try so hard since it was only 11pm when I got up and went outside to take a walk. Our room had the view of the sea but it was actually far away from the shore. I walked slowly for 10 minutes until I got there. I sat down on one of the sun beds. The night was magnificent with a sky cover of stars; the wind blew calmed and refreshing and I only could hear the sound of the waves when they collapsed against the sand.

I knew exactly why I couldn’t sleep: my birthday. And no, it’s not because I feel like I’m getting old and my life hasn’t get any more interesting. Well, maybe it was a little bit because of that but the main reason was another one. It was always like this on my birthdays, the only difference was that before I was surrounded my people I loved and that made it easier to handle. Here, I was alone in the dark.

I was lost in my own thought when a hand touched my right shoulder. KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

I got up and covered my face with my hands.

-P-P-Please don’t kill me… I’ve been good to the fairies, I swear…- I heard someone laughing and when I was brave enough to look who that person was, I was shocked and pissed.- Ya! Don’t scare me like that, Taemin.

-Hahaha, I’m sorry but I was calling you and you didn’t respond. But, what fairies are you talking about? - , I was scared so I didn’t pay attention to my words.

-Let’s say it’s kind of my personal religion… to explain it shortly it’s based on karma and reincarnation. Never mind. - I smiled at him embarrassed.

-You’re crazy, Sophie… Hey and wh-

-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!

I screamed again when a little crab walked on my left foot. I instantly grabbed his hand unconsciously. He started laughing again while I remained there with my face showing all my fear. What a perfect night no have deep thought about life --“  I looked at him angrily, he took his time but became a nice-not-making-fun-of-my-disgrace person again.

-Let’s go for a walk. - He said and we started walking with the sea in our side and the moon up in the sky above us.

We suddenly realized we were still holding hands and separated from each other. To be honest it felt so natural to be like that… I guess it was because I held Key’s hand frequently. Ok, we have hold hands like 2 times… but it must be because of that anyways.

-Why were you here at this time of the night? - He asked after a while.

-Because I can. But you don’t, you are disobeying your manager! Bad boy, Taemin, bad boy! - I over reacted in purpose and he giggled.

-I am a rebel, didn’t you know? - He winked. - But why are you here? - He asked again looking right into my eyes this time. I didn’t answer. - I came because I couldn’t calm my mind. My brain doesn’t know when to stop working. I thought coming here would help me realize what is bothering me…- He was being so honest with me, I needed to make an effort too and, who knows, maybe that would help.

-Ugh, I came here because of my dad. - I looked at him waiting for more questions but he didn’t say anything. He was just listening. Somehow, words started coming out unexpectedly- I hate him. No, I wish I could do that but the truth is I can’t. I don’t know why. Things would be so much easier if I could hate him… Every birthday is the same . I wait for him to call or at least to say something but most of the time he doesn’t. The worst was when he wished me happy birthday on facebook… I felt the worst that day… I wonder if he really forgot about me now that I’m far away. I guess I came here to prepare myself to the obvious so I wouldn’t break down tomorrow. Don’t get confused, when we see each other we are like every other father and daughter. But we aren’t. Because my parents divorced many years ago, I always tried to talk to him and went visit him and all that crap but if it wasn’t because of my harassment there would be no contact at all between us. Plus, he did some pretty serious to my mom. He stole money from her and was about to left my brother and me without a house to live. It’s complicated and I hate talking about that. I don’t even get it, to tell the truth. I try but I can’t understand what’s on his mind. It’s so frustrating… And it is horrible because I care. I wish so much I didn’t. That’s what I wish about every birthday when I blow the candles of the cake. Hahaha I’m so pathetic.

He remained silent for a little while. Then he spoke.

-You are not. - He was giving me that deep look of his. I’ve noticed it before but it never seemed so astonishing. I guess he wasn’t using it on me before. Now all his attention was in me. - I don’t know what to tell you to make you feel better…

-Don’t.

-But you shared a precious thing with me so I’ll do the same. Maybe Padam will do his magic like it did the last time with me.- He smiled shyly and look down to his feet which left foot prints in the bright white sand.- My mom is an awesome person. She is carrying, fair and hard-working. I look up to her and respect her but now she has a new boyfriend. They have been together for 8 months. And he is my problem. He is a bad person in many different ways I didn’t even know someone could so much. Every time I go see my mom and my brother (since he still lives with her) I have to look at his disgusting face. I hate him very much. And he’s the only person I wish had diarrhea for the rest of his life.- I couldn’t help but laugh at this part, he giggled a little too.- I’m glad I love my mom so much more than what I hate him… it’s because of that I haven’t gone crazy yet. I am thankful because I have her.

-You’re right. I should be happy my mom is such an amazing person. Maybe life saw my mom was too good and it decided to leave my father with just half of his brain and half of his heart.

-Is she the person you love the most?

-Mmmm I don’t know. It’s a love I’ve always have and that has always been the same so I don’t know if I can say I love her the most or if I just love her in a different way. Sometimes I feel like I hate everybody, some others I only have place in my heart for my cat, some days I have so much love to give that I could love pretty much anyone… The only thing I know is that I’ve never being in love in a romantic way with anyone. - Nothing but the truth. What do you have that you make me be like this Taemin? - Who is the person you love the most?

-The person I love the most? –He thought about it for a moment- I don’t know how that person looks like. Maybe I have never seen her, maybe I don’t know what her voice sounds like, maybe I don’t know what her name is, but I know that person will always be there for me: when I’m sad, when I’m happy, when I’m bored, when I’m tired. Thanks to that person I am sure I will never be alone. - He smiled again still looking at his feet. - I think I’m able to understand how it feels when you love someone and you think that person doesn’t know you exist. But, even if I don’t know all those things about her, I feel like I know her in another way, a way that can’t be explained and that’s why I can say I love that person very much.

-Aishhhh… you… Jinja! So cheesy! - I laughed in a friendly way and pushed him with my body to .

-Ya! Don’t be like this…- He blushed or at least that’s what I think he did.

-You are talking about your fans don’t you?- he nodded.- I always thought they were a little bit annoying with their obsession and following people everywhere, talking pictures all the time, screaming with nonsense… I don’t know.

-I wish I could go out in public without feeling like some kind of animal in the zoo sometimes. But when I think about it, they give me so many good things in exchange that I can’t complain. It’s the price I chose to pay years ago.

-if you put it that way… WOAHHH… I’m so jealous of you, Taeminnie! - Yeah, I felt a little bit closer to him after this long talk. - You never feel lonely. When I just arrived to Korea I had a horrible feeling of fear for two months. It was the fear of being lost and alone. It’s the worst feeling I have ever experienced but now things are better and I feel I learnt a lot thanks to that. Maybe because of that I’m extra sentimental on this birthday. I wanted to go partying so I wouldn’t have to think about those things until it was already my birthday but it didn’t happened as planned: the story of my life. - I wasn’t sad while saying this, though. I suppose some times unplanned things can be good too.

-Then let’s do it! 2 is already a party! - Taemin took my hand and made me turn on myself like we were dancing salsa.

What is this kid doing? Is midnight! Hahahahaha he started to dance in a silly way. Doing the gorilla, the Egyptian, the gym runner, he was going mad. Key has told me Taemin was a personified dance machine and he was very passionate about dance but… THIS? He was being a dork turning around and moving his arms in the air. I couldn’t control my hysterical laugh. He grabbed my hands again and made me dance as weirdly and embarrassingly as he could. I kept laughing the whole time. If it’s true laughing makes you younger I must be a 1-month-old baby now.

We were like that for at least 10 minutes. Woah… that was tiring! He checked his wristwatch, looked at me and smiled with a bright smile. I unconsciously smiled back. He walked towards me. He was so handsome from this short distance… I was admiring his beauty for the first time with a lot of attention when he suddenly kissed my cheek. I was dumbfounded.

-Happy Birthday, Sophie-ah~. I’m glad I’m the first one this year. I have to go now…- And he walked away. I stood there for what felt like 10 hours.

I think I… I think I… Like him? No, you can’t. He is Lee Taemin.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

And there you go! Hope you liked it :D I’ll try to update as soon as possible, arasso?

Feel free (and a little bit forced too) to leave a comment.

And remember I love you <3

Ps: I am highly unable to do an image/poster for this fanfic because my editing skills are nil haha so if you are bored or if you have nothing to do you can make one and send it to me if you want! :D And if I don’t have any, then… I can live with that ;)