I'm going to be taller than all of you!

Childhood Memories
 
Chanyeol scanned through the room, carefully eyeing the other kids one by one. There were a wide range of weird kids if you asked Chanyeol based on the first impression. One had a permanently shocked expression smacked onto his face. Another was obnoxious loud, running around and screaming about how excited he was with a blank looking kid running after him.
 
There were also some freakish tall kids here. Like the one who was sitting quietly on a chair, trying to pry another tall kid of him. The latter kinda looked like a panda? Then there was this kid who sat on a chair, legs pressed together with both his hands holding onto the oversized bag, which seemed like everyone had. He too was observing the battlefield, although it was with a smile accompanied.
 
Chanyeol insecurely clutched to his mother's leg tightly, realizing his biggest fear. Everyone is taller than me! Even that chubby cheeks, who keep on eating some kind of bun... mhm bun. Great now I'm hungry. Chanyeol's thoughts got interrupted when his mother started to speak to him.
 
"Chanyeol-ah, Umma has to go now so behave while you're in school, okay?" she said while simultaneously getting down to the same eye level as her son. Chanyeol puffed his cheeks slightly and shook his head, hair moving in the air and squeezed his mother's hands. "Umma, do I have to be here?" His mother let out a small sigh as she moved her hands to cup the small child's cheeks, giving him a warm smile. Chanyeol slowly placed his small hands over his mother's and looked into her eyes, as she moved his head up to face her.
 
"Chanyeol-ah, I know it's scary, all alone with so many other children you haven't seen before, but before you know it, you'll make tons of friends and have fun. Trust Umma on this, okay?" The child came to the conclusion that it was rather useless to continue the argument, seeing his chances of winning was close to zero, and nodded his head. Albeit Chanyeol still didn't want to, he settled with whining mentally. His mother gave an even larger smile as she stood up and helped Chanyeol finding his name tag on the table.
 
Chanyeol sat quietly, fidgeting with the large paper, which was folded neatly with huge bold letters, spelling his name, a desperate look in his eyes as he saw his mother walk away. Unfortunately, well that was what he himself thought, Chanyeol was seated beside the giant, who still wasn't able to pry the panda of him. He eyed them and saw how the taller finally gave up and let the human panda sit on his lap. Chanyeol furrowed his brows together. He felt so tiny compared to them.
 
The boy quickly glanced to his other side and noticed a rather awkward boy sitting beside him. Chanyeol widened his eyes in surprise. Was his hair really formed like a... horn? No way. He suddenly thought of flying unicorns and dragons and flying birds which were insanely huge, pretty and- Chanyeol shook his head. No time to fantasize about another world.
 
Suddenly the unicorn boy turned around and smiled, a dimple visible on his slightly chubby cheeks. "Hi, I'm Yixing. What's your name?"
 
"Uhm-"
 
"Don't you know your own name?"
 
"Wait, I do! It's-"
 
"It's kind of stupid to not know your own name. Are you perhaps not a very wise person? You won't last long in his cold and cruel world, you know~" Chanyeol laughed happily, not really noticing the teasing tone. Not that he would in any case anyway.

"I'm Chanyeol!" He beamed back. Yixing started to chit chat about every and anything. Maybe the boy wasn't so awkward afterall. It kind of reminded Chanyeol of those ahjummas in the market place who would gossip about everything. Not that he shared that out loud.
 

 
It was finally playtime. Chanyeol didn't really had time to get to know the other childrens yet. The small child had secretly hoped that Yixing wouldn't ditch him all alone, as it seemed like he already knew everyone, but luck wasn't known to be on his side. With a exasperated sigh, flailing arms in the air and everything, he awkwardly stood up and suddenly stiffened. He could feel the heat of another person holding on to his wrist. The said person suddenly dragged Chanyeol with him, cooing at how cute Chanyeol was. The small child looked confused at the other as they abruptly stopped.
 
"Guys! Isn't this like the cutest thing ever?" He said, his hand in Chanyeol's hair as he ruffled it. Chanyeol squeaked in surprise while the other boy grinned at him. "Oh, sorry for kidnapping you, Chanbeol~ I'm Baekhyun and these are Jongin, Luhan and Sehun."
 
Chanyeol puffed his cheeks out. "My name is Chanyeol. Not Chanbeol."
 
Baekhyun just laughed it off as it was nothing. "Sorry, Chanyeol-ah~"
 
"Hey, how come you're so tiny? I mean really, I almost can't see you!" Jongin suddenly uttered out loud, not really thinking about what he said.
 
Chanyeol saw how Luhan laughed along, not really sure because of his height or because of Jongin. Sehun simply stayed blank. Weirdo.
 
Baekhyun embraced the smaller. Why is he rubbing his cheek against mine? Chanyeol thought, trying to send a death glare but in the end, it failed miserably.
 
"Aigoo, I don't mind you being small! You're so, so, so, so cute!" Baekhyun said while giving an eye smile.
 
Jongin simply sniggered. "Maybe you're gonna stay tiny as Kyungsoo over there."
 
"Hey! I heard that!" Kyungsoo said from the other side of the room. The other turned around, placing his hands around his mouth with a slight curve, attempting to yell out loud. "Good! You were suppose to!"
 
Suddenly more children joined them as a few others too teased the boy. Chanyeol's pout increased as time passed by, finally having enough and broke free from Baekhyun.
 
"Yah!" He pointed an accusing finger against everyone, the other hand on his hip. It was something he often saw girls do in the dramas and he found it quite suitable for the situation. He swore he saw Yixing silently clapping his hands together, wearing a proud look on his face. Something he couldn't quite figure out why though.
 
"You just wait and see! One day I'm gonna be taller than all of you! A-and then you'll look back and wished you haven't teased me!" They all stared at him bewildered.

A snicker was heard and everyone, including Chanyeol, turned their head to the source. The boy was obviously smirking at Chanyeol.
 
"Like you'll ever be taller than me." Yifan cockily said as he somehow continued to pry the human panda off him yet again. It wasn't much of an success though.
 
The atmosphere got lighter as everyone started to play and talk again.
 
"Channie~" The said boy turned around and saw Baekhyun with arms spread wide out. Chanyeol slightly gulped at the already overly attached, uhm, friend? He wasn't exactly what to call that thing yet. He took a step back while moving his hands up in a defensive manner. Baekhyun however caught on quickly. A pout visible with a pair of teary puppy eyes on his pretty face, was enough for Chanyeol to sigh in defeat and went over to hug the taller.
 
Baekhyun stopped his acting, it wasn't really convincing to be honest anyway, and satisfyingly grinned at the smaller one.
 
"We're going to be great friends, I just know it!"
 
"…"
 
 
 
"Wait, Tao! I'm sorry, okay? Argh, just come back. I'm really sorry!"
 
 

 
 
 
A/N: .............. omg so sorry for not updating for so long oTL hope you enjoyed it ;A; ashgdjagfjaskldas