Nap Time

Childhood Memories

 

Minseok stirred in his sleep. The boy sat up and yawned. While rubbing his eyes with both of his hands, Minseok looked around. Everyone was still asleep. With puffed out cheeks, the boy quietly turned to the side. "Daedae wake up~ Jongdae, Jongdae~" Minseok whispered while continuously poking the latter. 
 
"Mhm?" Jongdae hummed, letting his friend know he was awake even though it still looked like he was sleeping. Minseok dragged his sleeping mat closer and laid down again beside the former. "I can't sleep~" He whispered whiningly and frowned. Jongdae yawned and turned around to face his friend. With half open eyes, he stared into Minseok's eyes, who also had turned to lay on his side. "Minseok-ah, you never can't when it's nap time. And you always wake me up," Jongdae closed his eyes again, still pretty sleepy. Minseok simply pouted and poked his friend's cheeks. "Sorry, Jongdae. I won't wake you up next time." Minseok noticed that the younger already fell asleep. 
 
~ The day after ~
 
The pair of brown eyes was looking straight up on the ceiling. I can't sleep! he thought with a hint of frustration. Minseok eyed Jongdae from the corner of his eyes, letting a small sigh slip through. Don't wake him up Minseok-ah, dooon't~ Somehow, the urge to poke his sleeping friend kept growing stronger. Minseok sat up and looked around. No adults here~ The boy quietly got up and sneaked out, making sure he didn't step on anyone while doing so. The door was slightly open. Minseok glanced around the hallway. Still clear, hehe.
 
With newfound courage, Minseok sneaked out to the playground outside, still making sure none of the kindergarten teachers saw him. The boy sat beside the big old tree, not really doing anything other than just staring around. "Weird." He mumbled to himself, not used to the sight of an empty playground. 
 
"Why are you out here?"
 
Minseok's eyes widened as he quickly turned his head around, almost letting out a scream. Although it wasn't as scary as he thought it was. Jongdae was standing there while holding a pillow. He sat down slowly, hugging the pillow closer and made a small yawn. 
 
"Daedae-ah, that was really scary!" Minseok held a hand up to his heart. He could still feel the fast heartbeats. The latter just shrugged. "Suddenly woke up and saw you at the door, so followed you." The still slightly sleep boy said. A shocked expression covered Minseok's face. 
 
"But you never wake up like that!"
 
"I know~"
 
"Then wha- why, hooow?"
 
"Well someone has to look out for you Minmin~" Jongdae teasingly said while he stuck his tongue out, a sound of mehrong accompanied. Both of them looked at each other before they erupted of laugher. 
 
"Yah! What do you think you're doing out there?" 
 
"Uh oh."