Realization

Childhood Memories

 

"Stupid head!"

"Dummy!"

"Creeper!"

"Weirdo!"

"Idiot face!"

"Captain smelly!"

"Poop breath!"

"Yo-you big meanie!"
 
The two boys stood in front of each other, throwing insult here and there as usual. Joonmyun, who was sitting on a bench with perfect view to this, was eating his sandwich while eyeing the daily occurrence between them. 
 
Suddenly Joonmyun felt the presence of someone sitting next to him. The boy didn't bother to check who it was. Instead he continuously watched the verbal fight ahead of him while taking small bites of the sandwich between both of his hands. "Why are they fighting?" A gently voice asked. Joonmyun turned his head to the side and it was a boy sitting there. "They don't like each other. The one over there is Chanyeol and the other one is Baekhyun," he replied while pointing, "But I'm friends with both of them so I spend my breaks like this." Joonmyun finished off, unconsciously pouted as well. He eyed the boy beside him. "You started in our class today, Yixing right?" The boy, Yixing, nodded. 
 
"And you?"
 
"Joonmyun."
 
"Ah~" Yixing nodded again. 
 
Out of nowhere (well not really) Baekhyun and Chanyeol popped up at their side. "Joonmyun-ah, tell that nose picker that I'm right!" Chanyeol's eyes widened shockingly. "I am so not a nose picker, and Myunnie tell him I am right!"
 
"Oh, so now you give him a nickname, huh?"
 
"Why do you care anyway?"
 
"I don't!"
 
"You sure Baekhyun don't like Chanyeol?" The trio's heads all turned to face the newcomer. Yixing gulped. It was only suppose to be a whisper but somehow his voice didn't want to cooperate with his mind. Joonmyun glanced over to his friends. Baekhyun's face was red as a tomato while Chanyeol just stared, jaw dropped. Suddenly Chanyeol's expression made a 180 degree change and grinned. "Was my Baekhyunnie jealous~?" he teasingly asked. The latter somehow turned even more red. "Am not, am not, am noooot!" He stomped his foot on the ground before turning around, quickly making his way back into the classroom. "Hey, hey Baekhyun~ wait for me!" Still with the ridiculous large grin on his face, Chanyeol ran the same way, trying to catch the other. 
 
Joonmyun amusingly eyed the two as they went away, still able to hear the high pitched screams from Baekhyun. "I think we're going to be great friends, Yixing." He grinned and received a chuckled from the latter. They both stood up and Joonmyun grabbed his new friend's hand. He swung their arms back and forth before leading the way back to their classroom.
 
"Joonmyun-ah?"
 
"Mhm?"
 
"Let go of my hand?"
 
"Nope!"