Don't Go

Childhood Memories

Little Zitao woke up early in the morning. He started to rub his eyes with his small hands and tried to blink his sleepiness away. "Gege..." The little child suddenly remembered what day it was and in his pajamas, he quietly sneaked out of his room while holding the tears away from spilling all over.

 

After a while, the child got down from the stairs.Why are there so many steps? He whined in his head. With his panda-like eyes, he gazed on the front door and pouted. "How do I open the door? It's so big." He said to no one in particular, emphasizing the word big with arms sprawling in the air. Suddenly he remembered the back door and hurriedly ran over to it. With his tiny hands, he slowly slid the glass door to the side and smile in victory. It wasn't open that much, but just enough for a certain boy to sneak out.

 

Zitao went further into the garden until he saw the rather large hole in the bushes. It was his secret getaway to his precious friend who lived on the other side. Zitao got on his knees and slowly crawled into the small tunnel and cringed at the thought of dirt on his favorite pajama pants. When he got into the other side, a familiar silhouette waved at him from the veranda. With a smile plastered on his face, Zitao ran nearer to the person.

 

"Gege~!" The little boy hugged the person tightly and nuzzled his face into his chest. "Wufan gege~" Suddenly Zitao looked up on Wufan and pouted. "Gege, you can't go!" The older boy chuckled and wrapped his arms around Zitao. He always had a soft spot for the younger boy and his cuteness. "But you know I have to." Zitao shook his head to the side. "You can't! I won't let you!" Zitao hugged even tighter if possible.

 

Wufan let out a small sigh and cupped Zitao's face. "Summer is over. I have to go back to school~ we can play when I get back home, okay?" Somehow the tears Zitao tried to hold back, started to roll down his small face and Wufan started to feel guilty, even though he knew it wasn't his fault. "Promise?" Zitao held up his pinky finger. The older boy wrapped his own around the latter's and smiled. "Yeah, promise." A huge catlike smile spread on Zitao's face. He tiptoed, trying to get taller and pecked Wufan's cheek.

 

"Wha-"

 

"Okay~ I'll wait for you, Gege!" The little boy got out of the stunned boy's grip and ran back to the small tunnel while a visible rosy color spread on his cheeks.