Chapter 1

I HEART YOU DADDY

In the cemetery, the flowers grew with bloom at the grounds. The skies in the heavens were silently moving and the milieu was totally quiet. The mountains with their leaves were as green as the cucumber's color. It happened the quiet season when the Summer began. The canary birds were flying with joy and other birds fly without noise.

This is the start of the story about the life of a father. His name is Hwang Tae Ji. His age is 26 years old and he's already single. He had a new-born baby girl. Their baby was in their house and he didn't bring it because the baby was already 6 months old. His life is in the simple milieu. One day, he went to the cemetery alone because he will sympathize his dead wife. His wife's name was Rina. She's the twin sister of Irina. But when the days passed, she died because she had a brain cancer. She promised to him that his husband would take care of the baby girl. And he hired a nanny to take care of the house and also their baby.

He approached to the tombstone. He sat on the grass and he faced to the tombstone. He got two joules when he brought them to their house. He lighted the joules carefully by using his lighter so that he won't burn his fingers. He bowed down three times and he carefully placed down the burned joules to the ground.

The tombstone showed that his wife, Baek Rina died on September 12, 2009 and she born on December 12, 1987. He spoke himself to the tombstone. And that's what he said eventhough his wife passed away.

"Rina, how are you there in the heavens? Are you okay there? I hope that you'll be fine there. Buddha will make some good blessings for us and also for everything. I prayed him every day. I read your diary and I read also the Bible eventhough I'm not a truly Christian. Nanny and I , together with the baby worshipped to the temple every Fridays and Sundays. We had a lot of happiness there at home and our baby...will becoming 7 months old this coming on her birthday. Rina...how can I live my love without you? How can I...seize everything when you're not in the Earth? I can't live....my love for you. I promised you that our love and our family will bind together until we die. But now...I wanted to hug you anymore. The only one thing that I could see is only...sacrifice of my life."

He brought some flowers and he placed at the center of the tombstone. And he placed two glass of wine as part of the Korean tradition. He drank a glass of wine and he drank another for the dead. After that, he stood up and leave. He went outside the gate and he called a taxi again. He entered the taxi afterwards. Meanwhile, Irina talked with her friends about what they have interested. She talked about her desired partner, Tae Ji.

"You know what, I like Tae Ji so much. We're friends since we graduated in college. I told him that I'm in love with him..." Irina said.

"Oh, and then...what did he say? Did he told you that he's in love with you..Irina?" her friend asked.

She sighed with anger. "Unfortunately, he doesn't love me any more. He loved my twin sister at all. They had a very sweet relationship. He decided to marry her and my sister accepted his proposal. They had a baby girl and they planned to have a vacation in the Philippines."

"What city in the Philippines would spend their vacation? Maybe, they will have a vacation in Manila. They had Korean nationals living in that city. And..."

"He didn't say that they'll go to Manila. But they planned that they will spent their vacation in Cebu City."

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"I won't stop telling him unless he will accept me as her lover. I will make some plans so that he will loved me and I would love him forever."