Wake Up Call

Falling In Love With My On-Screen Brother

A/N: Here's an update, more IzzyxDonghae love, but I gotta say my favorite character this chapter is Heechul. Solely based on the fact that as I write this I can still imagine the sound of his crazy laughter. <3 Don't expect an update for another week, I haven't finished the next chapter yet. Here's a little hint as to what'll happen next chapter: They're going on an outing! Thanks guys for supporting, much love to all! Also, I couldn't fit as much sarcastic Izzy in as I wanted to, but the beginning part is enough I guess.

 


 

5.

                Izzy woke to the sound of the PD’s voice. “Izzy, get up. We need to film you waking the members up,” he told her. It had been her first night in a house with Super Junior.

                Groggily, she rose out of bed and stretched. Then squinting and looking directly into one of the cameras, she said, “I look wide awake, don’t I?” She chuckled to herself, then went to wash up.

                When she walked out of her room, she was greeted by a wide-awake Leeteuk. “I usually have to wake up all the members in the morning, so this is normal for me,” he explained. Izzy smiled at him and nodded. So lacking in energy before, Izzy now bounded into the next room, Eunhyuk and Donghae’s. She was excited to be filming.

                Leeteuk came into the room after her, lugging a bucket of sloshing water. Izzy took one look and instantly knew what it was for. “Hold on,” she said, gently pushing his hand away from above Eunhyuk’s head. “Let’s be nice first.” The male group leader stared at her, then shrugged, following her suggestion.

                “Eunhyuk,” Izzy called softly, tapping the dancer’s head lightly. “Hyukjae, let’s wake up.” For a moment he didn’t stir, but then Eunhyuk pushed himself up, and rubbed his eyes. He blinked, looked up at Izzy’s face, and then promptly got out of bed to go wash up.

                “Wow!” Leeteuk said, wonder in his voice. “I can never get him to get up that easily!” At this, Izzy stood a little taller, feeling quite gifted. Smiling proudly, she turned to the next sleeping member, Donghae.

                Stepping closer, Izzy noticed that his face was kind of attractive in peaceful slumber. She gaped until Leeteuk nudged her to wake him up. ”Oh, yeah, sorry,” she mumbled, embarrassed to be caught gawking. “Donghae, Donghae, Fishy Dino-Face, wake up,” Izzy sang, tapping his toned arm. Wow, he feels really strong, she unconsciously thought. Izzy also noticed the smoothness of his skin. 

                Donghae just groaned and pulled the blanket up to cover more of his body, much to Izzy’s dismay.

                Her eyes met Leeteuks, and they both knew what they had to do next. As Leeteuk held the bucket ready by Donghae’s head, Izzy had an idea and suddenly ran into the closet, the same one she hid in last time. Leeteuk waited until she was completely concealed, and then he dumped the water onto the sleeping man.

                From inside the closet, Izzy heard Donghae yelp as if someone has stuck him with a pin. Unexpectedly, Izzy also heard screeching bouts of laughter. Heechul, she guessed. He had somehow awakened before Leeteuk and Izzy had gotten to him. His hoots echoed throughout the house.

                Footsteps were present outside the closet door, so Izzy stood still, waiting for the light to flood in. “Boo!” she surprised Donghae as he tried to get a dry change of clothes.

                “Augh!” he staggered back, shouting in surprise. Heechul laughed even louder. If the whole house didn’t wake up before, they’re all awake now, Izzy thought amusedly.

                She looked at Donghae, whose clothes and hair were somehow soaked with just a single water bottle. The sight was hilarious, and her twinkling laugh joined Heechul’s cackles. Soon Leeteuk’s chortles chimed in as well, and Eunhyuk returned from the bathroom to see the commotion.

                Catching sight of his best friend, Eunhyuk smiled, showing his gums. “What a great sister we have,” he said through his giggles. “She’s really fun!”

                Donghae glared at him. “Yea. Fun,” he grumbled. Then he caught sight of Izzy, still chuckling. His dino-face lost its scowl, and a mischievous smirk took its place. “Hey, Izzy. Come here, this brother wants to give you a hug.” His arms were spread out wide, and he approached her.

                Shrieking and laughing at the same time, Izzy tried to run from the room, however, her Super Junior brothers suddenly decided to switch to Donghae’s side and block the doorway. She had nowhere to run, she was trapped.

                Donghae came up to her, swooped his arms around her and held her close to him. Izzy felt her shirt get moist through the contact, but that wasn’t on her mind. She had realized that her heart was beating ten times faster than it normally was.

                She stayed still for a few seconds, and then pushed Donghae away once she remembered how wet she was getting. Now they were both sodden. “Ew, I got soaked by the East Sea,” she joked, and then giggled at her little pun.

                Then Donghae said something unexpectedly sarcastic and made Izzy, and the rest of the room, laugh even harder. “Really? I’m so dry!”