Who Cleans Up?

Falling In Love With My On-Screen Brother

4.

                The stars of the show were gathered around a long dining table in the new house, excitedly chattering and chewing their food. Introductions had already been made, and Izzy already felt comfortable with the silly group of men. She spent most of the dinner talking to everyone, especially Kyuhyun and Yesung, who were at her sides, and Donghae and Eunhyuk, who were right across from her. It’s nice getting to know them better, Izzy thought. She was pleasantly surprised to see different sides of the idols that weren’t displayed on television.

                Once everyone finished their meal, the men began sneaking out of the room, one by one. Finally, only Donghae, and Izzy were left in the room. “I don’t know if they told you this yet, but newcomers clean,” Donghae said with a grin, and tried to rush away. But Izzy grabbed his elbow.

                “Where do you think you’re going, mister?” she asked, a hint of joking in her voice. “Haven’t you ever heard of letting the guest rest?”

                “Ah, but you live here now, remember?”

                “But wouldn’t the Fishy like to splash some water onto these dishes?” They had been stepping closer and closer, talking in each other’s faces. Izzy wanted to crack up at the ridiculousness of the situation, but didn’t dare to lose the staredown.

                “I’d love to,” Donghae replied lightly, “but I kind of have a problem to deal with. You see, this morning I found a girl in my closet, and she’s kind of creepy.” He grinned cheekily.

                 Izzy didn’t miss a beat. “Oh, really? That’s funny, this morning I met a man who looks like a dinosaur, and when he’s shocked he looks like this.” She exaggeratingly gasped, bulging her eyes out and making form large circle.

                Donghae had to smile a bit, Izzy’s impersonation of him was humorous. She smiled back at him, not being able to contain her giggles, but then both snapped back into serious mode. "As your oppa older brother, I'm telling you to wash the dishes," Donghae stated.

                “No, you wash them,” Izzy replied.

                He childishly repeated, “No, you wash them!”

                Izzy decided to continue playing along. “No, you wash them!” she echoed.

By now their faces were so close, Izzy could feel Donghae’s warm breath on her face. His brown eyes stared deeply into hers, searching them. “No, you-!” A moving figure in the room attracted both of the childish adults’ attention.

                “Maknae!” They both called simultaneously. Kyuhyun, who had been passing by, turned to his two elders questioningly.

                “Clean the dishes,” Donghae ordered, and walked out before Kyuhyun had a chance to argue. Izzy looked at him patronizingly, but shrugged and followed Donghae out.

 

                A few moments later, Izzy was sitting on the bed in her assigned room when she saw Kyuhyun pass by the open door. Isn’t he supposed to be doing the dishes?

                “Kyuhyun,” she called, stepping out of her bedroom. He stopped and turned around to face her.

                “Hm?” His face reflected innocence, but Izzy knew that he could be a rebellious dongsaeng when he wanted to.

                “Who’s cleaning up?”

                Kyuhyun smirked, and then said, “I just left it there. Eventually someone will get bothered by the sight and have to do it themselves,” he explained his plan.

                Izzy looked at him, then sighed. “Or the dishes will clean themselves up, right,” she mumbled, and began walking towards the kitchen.

                Kyuhyun followed her and watched as she began to gather the cups and plates and wash them. “What are you doing?”

                 “Watching the dishes wash themselves,” she replied. She was clearly being sarcastic, as her hand was already holding a sponge. Izzy lathered the dishes with soap, wiping off all the food and mess, humming.

                Super Junior’s maknae watched her a little bit, saying nothing. Then he stepped next to her and began rinsing off the dishes she finished soaping.

                When they finished, they stood back and stared satisfied at the stack of shining plates, cups, and silverware. “Not bad, if I do say so myself,” Izzy beamed. She gave a smiling Kyuhyun a high-five, and then the two went off to their separate rooms, feeling accomplished.