The First Meeting

Falling In Love With My On-Screen Brother

3.

                “Okay, Izzy, we want this to seem as natural as possible, so you’re not going to meet your co-stars until we start filming. I’m sure you’ll have a surprised reaction, which is what the director is looking for,” one of the people working on the show informed her.

                “Let me guess: it’s not Super Junior.” Izzy smirked at the crew member’s shocked expression.

                “You know?! Yikes, now I really want to see how you’ll react.”

                “Normally,” Izzy replied. “I mean, as normal as a girl meeting 13 handsome idols can act.”

                The crew member just shrugged and walked away to fix the lighting.

 

                Izzy sat on a couch in the living room of her new on-screen home, waiting patiently for her new house members to arrive. The filming crew had brought her there and explained the basis of the show. Basically, Izzy was to live with 13 “brothers”, and they would do silly things together.

                I wonder what kinds of weird stuff I’ll have to do, Izzy thought. Well, at least the show’ll be interesting.

                The sound of the front door opening snapped her out of her reverie. “We’re here!” A male voice called. After years of listening to Super Junior music, Izzy could tell the voice was Leeteuk’s. She got up to go meet them, but then an idea flashed through her mind. Instead of walking towards the front entryways of the house, she hurried to the opposite direction, and ran into one of the many bedrooms.

                The camera man following her silently chuckled when he saw her sneaking into one of the closets. Before Izzy completely disappeared behind the closet doors, she stuck her face out and winked at the camera. Fanservice for the viewers. Then she sat on the closet floor, criss-crossing her legs in the darkness.

                She heard as the Super Junior members spilled into the house, looking about them and exclaiming things they instantly liked and disliked about it. Then she heard a clear voice ask, “Aren’t we supposed to be meeting our ‘sister’?” It was Siwon.

                “Where is she?” Heechul asked. Izzy held her breath.

                “I’m not sure,” Izzy heard the PD say. Good thing he’s playing along, she thought, and smiled to herself. She had to cover with both hands to stifle her giggles.

                “She must be late or something. Let’s check out the house,” Sungmin suggested.

                “Alright!” Donghae giddily exclaimed, and Izzy heard his footsteps run throughout the house, everyone else following his lead. “I call this room!” His voice was louder this time, which informed Izzy that he was closer, in the room where she was currently hiding.

                “We’re sharing rooms, right?” Eunhyuk’s voice was also nearby.

                “Yeah,” Donghae replied. He was right outside the closet.

                Whoosh! The doors slid open and light flooded in. Izzy was staring straight into a pair of skinny-jean covered legs. She heard a loud gasp, then looked up into Donghae’s face and grinned. He appeared stunned. His eyes were wide and his mouth was an O.

                “Hi! I’m Im Izzy. You can have the room, but this closet is mine.”