Chapter 18: Eavesdroppers to the Rescue!

Phantom

Chapter 18

Eavesdroppers to the Rescue!

                Before they knew it, Katrina and Yesung were in Leeteuk’s office telling him and Siwon (who had just happened to be having a meeting with the leader at the time) all that had happened with Taemin. Leeteuk listened carefully and calmly as Katrina informed him about the true nature of the Valkyrie, the dark butterfly spirits, and the location of the hideout. However, when she finally told him that Onew was possessed and he was about to die, Leeteuk’s collected demeanor crumbled within seconds. He started to sob at the shocking news. He was overjoyed that his brother wasn’t evil after all; it was the spirits that made him carry out his murderous actions. But at the same time, he was terrified that Onew was being controlled by darkness and drained of his energy. He thought of his baby brother lying dead in front of him, his body reduced to skin and bone and his eyes drained of life. This image filled Leeteuk with more determination than ever. He was going to rescue Onew and Christine if it was the last thing he’d ever do. Siwon embraced the broken down leader.

                “We’ll get your brother back Leeteuk.” He promised, grasping the leader’s hand and squeezing it reassuringly. “And we’ll rescue Christine. Our family will be reunited, you can be sure of that.”

                Katrina and Yesung nodded as Leeteuk looked into each of his clan members’ faces. He smiled. He was so lucky to have them as family. He wiped his eyes and tried to regain his collected appearance.

                “Thanks guys.” Leeteuk whispered as he wiped his eyes and tried to regain his collected appearance. “Now, back to business: you said everyone’s being held in Russia?”

                Katrina nodded. “Yep. Yakutsk, Russia to be exact.” She pointed out. Leeteuk nodded in response.

                “Yes, I remember now. Christine and I went there to-“

                “Yes, yes.” Katrina interrupted. “You went there to search for a place for the Haven. Taemin told us. Now, can you take us there?”

                Leeteuk raised his eyebrows, trying not to smile at Katrina’s gung ho spirit. “Well yes,” he started, “But everyone is probably asleep by now, and we’ll surely lose if we bring a tired army.”

                As he said this, Katrina kept hearing strange noises from the hallway. At first, she could only hear scuffling and scratches, but then the ruckus turned into whispering voices.

                “What did he say?”

                “Move over, I can’t hear.”

                “I can hear fine, and I’m farther away than you!”

                “You’re reading their minds! Of course you can hear what they’re saying.”

                “Will you hush up? They’re going to hear us.”

                “Fine, if you won’t move, I’ll make you move.”

                “Hey, hey, guys! Stop leaning against the door! We’re gonna-“

                CRASH!

                Without warning the door came crashing down to the office floor, dragging Eunhyuk, Donghae, Philly, Atlas, Shindong, and Kyuhyun with it. They were all sprawled out on the floor, stunned by the fall, and Katrina, Yesung, Siwon, and Leeteuk looked on in shock. A few seconds later, Sungmin came sprinting to the door opening, observing the situation with astonishment and frustration.

                “I told you guys to not eavesdrop!” he scolded them as he tried to help everyone up from the wreckage. However, before Sungmin reached Phillip, he sprung up and bounded towards Katrina, bombarding her with questions.

                “Is it true that the Valkyrie aren’t evil? Is it true that they’re being controlled by black butterflies? Why are the butterflies evil? I thought butterflies were innocent and nice and sweet and stuff. And it is true that Leeteuk’s brother is possessed too? Why is he in Russia? Isn’t it cold in Russia? You know, some people say that I look Russian. And oh! Is it true that I’m the Valkyrie prince? Why do they have a prince? Does that mean there’s a king? Who’s the king? Do you think it’s-“ Once again, Phillip’s hyper line of questioning was put to a stop as Katrina forcefully covered his mouth with her hand.

                “Well, at least they’re up to speed.” Katrina sighed, shaking her head as Eunhyuk was hoisted from the ground with Sungmin’s help, revealing the splintered remains of the door. Leeteuk glared at the others, who looked at the ground in shame. But Leeteuk couldn’t stay mad at them for long; they just wanted to know what was going on. There was nothing wrong with that as far as he was concerned. Of course, it would have been nice if his door had been spared.

                “Apparently I was wrong about everyone sleeping.” He said with a smile.

                “We couldn’t sleep!” Donghae exclaimed, smiling as always. “Ryeowook came to our room and told us that he saw Taemin talking with Katrina and Yesung while he was spirit projecting, and we wanted to hear to story from the source. So we-“

                “Wait,” Katrina interrupted, “Ryeowook was there was on the roof?”

                Eunhyuk nodded. “He said he was going to astral project to Russia and scout out exactly where they’re holding Christine. He said it shouldn’t be too hard to find now that he knows where he’s going.”

                Just as Eunhyuk explained this, Ryeowook himself came running into the office, almost tripping on the door wreckage.

                “Whoa, what happened here?” he asked himself, and then quickly shock his head, trying to get his mind back on track. There were more important things to worry about at the moment. “Leeteuk! I’ve found Christine. Onew’s holding her in an old abandoned factory on the outskirts of Yakutsk. There’s a big sign on it that says ‘SHINee’.” He explained, causing Leeteuk’s eyes to widen.

                “I know which building you’re talking about! That factory used to be a mansion for the high class. I saw it when Christine and I went land searching.” He realized, relieved that he knew where he was going. Atlas screwed up his face.

                “SHINee? What kind of lame name is that?” he asked. Shindong chuckled at his brother.

                “I don’t know, I think it’s kind of catchy. It sounds like a boy band name.”

                Katrina groaned at the boys’ immaturity. “Whatever! Let’s just get there and save the day already!”

                “Yeah!” Donghae joined. “We need to rescue Onew and Christine!”

                “And the Valkyrie!” Phillip added.

                “’The ones who are freed yet are bound with chains.’” Kyuhyun murmured, glancing at Yesung. “Wings. Freedom. Creepy spirit possession. Chains. Nice use of metaphors. Of course, one couldn’t expect anything less from a prophesy." Yesung sadly nodded. The pieces of the prophesy were slowly falling into place. Whether that was a good thing or not, Yesung wasn’t sure.

                Ryeowook nodded in agreement with the others. “We need to leave immediately. The spirits are about to use Onew to perform the ceremony that will end Christine’s life.” He explained urgently.

                Leeteuk scanned the room full of determined faces, knowing that he may not see some of his clan members again after this mission. Finally, he nodded. It was time.

                “Very well then, it’s time to go.” He concluded, outstretching his arms. “Everyone, grab hands. I know exactly where to transport us to.”

                At first, everyone was hesitant. This was it. They were finally going to storm Onew’s fortress. Would they be able to defeat the evil spirits? Would they be able to save Christine, Onew, and the Valkyrie? Would they all live to tell the tale? No one knew. However, they eventually linked hands, one by one, until a circle was formed. Katrina looked around the Haven one last time, and then closed her eyes.

                We’re coming Mom. She thought as they all vanished in puffs of black smoke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, kind of a short update, but I needed to have a little bridge chapter before I get into alot of action. See, I'm not gonna be able to update for a couple of weeks soon because I'm gonna be gone. I wanted to give you a little lead into the action and drama before I go, but not actually get into the action yet. So, I'm sorry if this chapter is a little lacking. Just think of this as a sneak peek for what's to come ^^ Anyway, thank you to all who have subscribed and commented. You are all very much appreciated :) And to those who haven't done so, please feel free to do so ;) Thank you!

~Justjoking <3