Chapter 10: Guardians, Visions, and Wings

Phantom

Chapter 10

Guardians, Visions, and Wings

                Katrina and Ryeowook each sat on an arm of the sofa, Ryeowook near Yesung’s head, and Katrina at his feet. Ryeowook his sleeping friend’s hair again as he started to explain what happened the night of the explosion.

                “Last night, I followed your friend’s truck from the highway and walked with your group to the alleyway.” Ryeowook started, but was immediately interrupted by Katrina.

                “With us? But none of us saw you.” Katrina was puzzled. She was sure that he had used his powers in some way, but what they were, she still did not know. Ryeowook continued.

                “Well, I wasn’t actually with you physically, but I was with you in spirit. You see, I can astral project, meaning I can separate my spirit from my body. By doing this, I can travel to other places with my spirit and leave my body in one place. No one can see me unless I let them, but most people can hear me if they’re paying attention.” Katrina’s eyes widened.

                “That’s why I heard your voice. That’s why I heard you telling me to run away from the explosion.” Katrina realized. Ryeowook nodded.

                “Exactly!” he smiled “Of course, it was a little hard to get your attention when you were so lost in thought.” He pointed out. Katrina suddenly grew somber.

                “Yeah, I was thinking about-“

                “Your mother,” Ryeowook finished “I know. You think about her a lot.” Katrina raised an eyebrow.

                “And how do you know that?” she asked. Ryeowook stayed silent for a moment, trying to figure out how to say the next few words without creeping her out.

                “I’ve… watched over you for the past few years.” Katrina’s eyes widened further, and as she was about to say something, he continued. “I had to make sure you were protected and that no one would try to hurt you.” Katrina kept quiet for a while, trying to process what he was saying. Then, she finally spoke again.

                “So, you were my guardian basically?” she asked. Ryeowook nodded.

                “Yes, I guess you can say that. Though I consider it more like a big brother looking out for his little sister.” He responded with a grin. Katrina returned his smile.

                “Yeah, a troublesome, stubborn little sister.” She teased. Ryeowook laughed.

                “Hey, you said it, not me.” Suddenly, Katrina got up from her seat and hugged a surprised Ryeowook tight.

                “Thank you.” She whispered. Ryeowook smiled and hugged her back. He always knew that behind the rough exterior, Katrina truly was a sweet girl. She just didn’t like to show it because she was afraid that if she got too attached to someone, she would be hurt beyond repair if or when they left her or betrayed her. Just like when her mom left her….

                Her mom!

                Ryeowook realized that he forgot to tell Katrina something. Something important.

                “Katrina, I have something to-“

                At that moment, Yesung suddenly sprung up from his sleep, eyes wild and wide eyed, which caused the two others to also jump in surprise. It took a few minutes for Yesung to calm down, but he finally did, finding Ryeowook and Katrina standing beside him. Ryeowook touched Yesung’s shoulder.

                “Yesung, are you ok?” he asked, concerned for his friend. He had thought that he was peacefully resting, but apparently he was wrong. However, Yesung just shook his head, pointing to his temple. Ryeowook knew what he was trying to say. “Had another vision again?” Yesung nodded. Katrina cocked her head in confusion.

                “Another prophesy came to him all ready?” she asked. Ryeowook shook his head.

                “No. Yesung can also have visions in his dreams. They’re a little different than prophesies. Prophesies are cryptic and can take a while to be fulfilled. His visions, on the other hand, are short term predictions and tend to be straightforward for the most part. He usually has those every time he sleeps.” Yesung nodded in agreement, and then remembered:

                My vision… Katrina!

                With not a moment to lose, Yesung grabbed Katrina’s hand and pulled her towards his desk, though she struggled from surprise. Once there, he frantically looked around for a blank piece of paper and his pen. After he finally found them, he started to draw what he saw in his dreams. He had drawn these creatures before, so it didn’t take a long time to finish. After the last , he handed the paper to Katrina and waited for her to take a look. Although she was still baffled, she observed what Yesung had drawn. He had illustrated a scene in which Katrina was jumping out of one of the Haven’s windows, grabbing for a winged man with short, black hair. The man seemed to be carrying something, but Katrina couldn’t tell what. A package maybe?

                Ryeowook peered over Katrina’s shoulder. “Why is she tackling Minho?” he asked Yesung. He shrugged in reply, while Katrina screwed her face up.

                “Minnow? Who’s Minnow?” she asked.

                “Min-ho.” Ryeowook corrected. “He’s one of the enemy’s henchmen.” He explained.

                “You mean Onew?” Katrina asked. Ryeowook and Yesung’s eyes widened.

                “You know his name?” Ryeowook asked.

                “Yeah, Leeteuk told me. His brother Onew is the one who killed the clan.” Katrina replied. Ryeowook and Yesung looked at each other in surprise. Katrina cocked an eyebrow.

                “What?” she asked. Ryeowook shook his head.

                “Oh, nothing. It’s just, we thought Leeteuk wouldn’t tell-“ He was interrupted by Yesung, who was insistently pointing towards the paper. Oh right, Minho. “Anyway, Minho is part of the Valkyrie clan, a group of winged humans. Apparently, their kind are usually peaceful folk, but this clan is loyal to Onew, and they’re the ones who kidnapped your mother.” He explained.

                “Wait, there are other clans out there?” As Katrina asked this question, Yesung walked over to one of the bookcases and plucked out a notebook with the title A Field Guide to Supernatural Clans scrawled on the front cover. He handed it to her, and she immediately flipped it open. Every page was filled with Yesung’s drawings of various creatures. She skimmed though the book of different clans until she found the page on the Valkyrie clan. Four men were drawn, each sporting a pair of black wings. Ryeowook pointed to each one.

                “That one’s Minho, the one Yesung dreamed you were attacking. He’s one of the main fighters of the group, and for good reason. He’s super strong and very good at physical combat.” The next one also had dark hair, though it was longer and was swopped to the side. “That’s Key, the other fighter. He’s good at combat as well, but he can also charm you into doing whatever he pleases.” The one below Key had light brown hair, and although his outward appearance made him look innocent, one look into his eyes would tell otherwise. “Taemin. He’s the youngest of the group, and he can manipulate water.” The last one was the most intimidating of the four. He had long, light brown and blonde hair with dark, cruel eyes. “And that’s Jonghyun. By how he bossed the others around, we think that’s he’s the leader of the clan, though it seems that he’s taking orders from Onew now.” Katrina glanced at the picture again. It kind of scared her, even if it was just a drawing. “He can instill fear into you just by looking into your eyes.” Katrina shivered. She definitely did not want to meet these guys, ever. However, it seemed as though Yesung’s vision suggested that she would meet the Valkyrie clan soon. Her eyes widened in realization.

                “They’re coming for me!” she exclaimed. Yesung nodded solemnly, while Ryeowook tried to calm Katrina down, though he himself was very scared as well.

                “We can’t panic. We’ll just tell Leeteuk and Siwon about the vision when we go to train.” As Ryeowook said this, he looked at the clock on one of Yesung’s bookshelves, finding that it was actually time to go to training practice. “And we’re going now. Come on guys.” He took Katrina and Yesung’s hand, and in an instant, they disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you believe we've already come to chapter 10 of this story? It just seems like yesterday when I made this @.@ anyway, we now know who kidnapped poor Christine :( BTW, can you guess which SHINee mv the Valkyrie clan is based off of? :)

Also, I'm actually getting this story reviewed by the Half Moon Review Shop, and I should be getting the results back today or tomorrow. So, I'll be posting the link to that hopefully on my next update in case you guys are interested :)

So, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter, please subcribe and comment, and thank you to those who have already done so ^^

~Justjoking <3