You have to Leave

Vacation

You roll in your bed and look at the time groaning you sigh as you realize it’s your 8th day in Seoul and less than a week you’ll be going home. You keep telling yourself that you shouldn’t’ be doing a countdown thing but you can’t help it. You don’t’ want to leave the people you met well here behind but you have to since you have school, family, and friends back home.

Your phone goes off telling you it’s probably Himchan.

You answer, “You know that its too early to be calling me.”

You hear an annoyed grunt, “How would I know that?”

You roll off the bed, “Oh Dad ummm… I…” “

Save it for another time when are you going to be coming back home?”

“I still have 6 days before my flight I told you I was going to be here for two weeks… Well a lil over that.”

He groans, “Listen your mother is in the hospital you should see if you can trade in your ticket so that you can come home.”

You freeze where you’re sitting but nod you head, “Yeah I’ll see what I can do dad.”

 

After hanging up you call your best friend since she’s back home for the summer and lives next door.

She answers on the first ring, “____ why are you calling?”

“Mel tell me the truth is my mom in the hospital?”

You hear her curse, “Yeah I’m guessing your dad told you. She collapsed again.”

“Yeah Mel why didn’t’ you call me or something that’s my mom.”

“Because I had a feeling you were having fun and I didn’t want to ruin it for you.”

 You sigh, “Look Mel I’m coming home so I’ll see you in a day or two tell my dad for me.”

Before she can say anything you hang up and stare at your phone. Trying to think of how to say this to Himchan/

 

You call the airport and ask them if you can trade in your ticket they said that you were lucky since there was a seat left in first class surprising you. You thank the woman as she tells you the time and says that I should just have to show my identification at the front desk and they’ll hand me my new ticket.

You pick up your phone and call Himchan he answers on the first ring, “Hello.”

“Hi Himchan did I wake you”

You hear him toss in bed as he says; “No good thing you woke me up I was going to be late for practice.”

 “Himchan I have to go home tomorrow,” you skip avoiding the subject and blurt out.

“Why?”

You start to cry, “My mom is in the hospital and I’m not sure if she’ll survive this visit.”

 “When are you going home?” “Tomorrow morning. That was the first flight leaving Korea to the states.”

“Come to practice today. The same place as before.”

 “Alright I’ll see you there.”

 

You run all the way to the place where they practice from your hotel not caring about the looks people are giving you as you run by.

 When you reach the studio you politely knock before you walk in to see the guys chatting amongst themselves with something in the middle of them. They keep shoving it back and forth between them until it gets to Himchan and they give him a look. He turns around to see you and hides whatever it is behind his back.

“Huh what’s that?”

He looks at you and pulls a small gift bag from behind his back, “Its for you.”

You felt confused, “Is it from just you or from all of you?”

They all push him forward towards you, “it’s from just him,” Zelo pipes in since it seemed everyone else wouldn’t answer me.

You smile and take the gift bag from him. “Do you want me to open it now?”

When the guys behind Himchan shout yes and he simply nods you smile as you open the bag slowly. When you look inside there’s a cute little stuff animal with a locket around its neck you don’t’ pull it out but when you see a CD case you pull it out and look up at him.

“What’s this?”

He looks down to take a deep breathe as he says, “I had your song you were writing stuck in my head so I spent most of last night going over it to make sure I had all of it down then I recorded me singing it since you said something about it being for someone you love I thought you’d like it.”

Without thinking you run over to Himchan and wrap your arms around his waist as you cry into his chest.

When you were done sniffling the guys decided that they had a job to do to see you smile before you left them to go back to your hotel to pack up. When you leave Himchan takes your hand and walks you back.