Chapter 3

A Missing Heart

DING DONG

The door bell rang. Baekhyun was in the kitchen getting some snacks, so you went to get the door.

As soon as you turned the doorknob, the door suddenly flung open on its hinges and a mass of brown hair greeted you.

“BAE-! Oh!”

You stepped back in caution and observed the stranger before you. He had a pair of large, humorous eyes and a wide toothy smile, which faded into a small curious pout when he saw you. His height was a little intimidating, but the happiness that the stranger was emitting made him seem childlike despite his tall profile.

“Is that her?” A feminine voice came from behind him.

“I suppose,” he winked at you; his smile adorned his face once again.

You gaped at him...Or rather, at his voice. Even though you were still unfamiliar with humans, it was obvious that his voice did not match his cheery appearance.

Baekhyun popped his head out when he heard the intrusion.

“Ah, hi Noona, Chanyeol,” he addressed them in turn. “Sorry to trouble you like this, but ______ wanted to go out, and I realized that I didn’t prepare anything suitable outfit for her.”

“No worries!” Chanyeol’s sister stepped forward from her brother's frame; her smile was exactly like Chanyeol’s-cheery and bubbly. “You’ve been working so hard to get her complete! I’ve been waiting to get a chance to meet her!”

“_________, this is ChanRi, and her brother, Chanyeol. They’re great friends of mine. Chanyeol will be graduating from University this year; he’s studying Finance and Business. ChanRi is a well established fashion designer, so she’ll have no trouble dressing you up,” Baekhyun introduced.

“Nice to meet you,” you said formally.

The trio started up a conversation, and you blanked out slightly. After a little while, a sudden ring of warmth around your wrist brought you back. You looked down and saw a hand, which belonged to Chanyeol’s sister. She had grabbed you without you noticing and was leading you upstairs. She whisked you into one of the bedrooms and closed the door behind her. She caught your fixed stare and beamed happily.

“I’m ChanRi. It’s so nice to finally see you! Baekhyun’s been going on about you for so long!” She reintroduced herself and stepped forward, enveloping both of your hands in hers.

Baekhyun’s words flitted to your mind. “Smile a lot, okay?”

Your lips pulled themselves up into a small smile.

ChanRi’s eyes became round and her hands left yours to cup her face. Her shoulders wriggled from side to side at your tiny action.

“Awwwww!! So cute!” She squealed in delight. “Call me ‘Unnie’~!”

“...Unnie...?” you said, uncertainly.

“Yes, yes!”

“Unnie.”

Unable to contain her feelings, ChanRi yanked you into a hug and squeezed you tight.

After a few minutes of her rocking you from side to side, like a mother with her newborn baby, she finally calmed down and released you. She fetched the bags that she had left on the floor and pulled out random pieces of fabric, and laid them on the bed.

“Unnie, what are you doing?”

“Baekhyun said you didn’t have any clothes to wear, and asked me if I had any spare, and voila! I’m here to dress you up~”

She helped you to get out of Baekhyun’s shirt (your fingers had a little trouble ing the shirt). She handed you underwear and a white strappy vest, then she lifted a large, baby blue and red checked shirt and asked you to put it on. Afterwards, once you got the shirt the right way around, she held up a pair of denim shorts and you slipped those on too. A large, bulky belt was placed around your waist, and to top it up, she placed a hat on your head. She stood back and appreciated her work.

“You look great~”

Your processer told you that it was a compliment, and you replied with a thank you.

“Baekhyun sure is our little genius,” her eyes softened. She stepped close and retook your hands. Her chocolate, brown eyes gazed deeply into yours.

“Love him lots, okay?” She said sincerely.

The definition of ‘love’ popped up in your head, but you couldn’t really understand, so you just bobbed your head at her request.

“He’s so lonely...But now he’s got you, I don’t need to worry anymore.” She patted your face and brushed a strand of hair behind your ear.

You didn’t know how to respond, so you just stood still, and listened.  

----------

Er...Honestly, I didn't know how to end this chapter XD Usually, I write everything down on paper first continously without indicating where I should stop or start a chapter...then I type everything up and fix some bits...But, really really didn't know how to end this >~<

I really should update my other fic as well >__> FOREVER HATING EXAMS

Thank you for reading!!!