Chapter 10

A Missing Heart

Shortly after arriving home, a hair and makeup team appeared to help you to get ready. A lady, who was armed with a variety of makeup brushes, sat you down on a chair and scrutinized you with an obvious frown on her face.

“There’s nothing I can do to your face!” She complained exasperatedly. “You’re perfect the way you are now!”

In the end, she decided to smooth a thin layer of foundation on your entire face and brushed a faint coat of peach blush onto your cheeks to give them more definition. She picked out a complementary colour of eye-shadow that matched your dress and dabbed on some pink lip gloss on your lips.  

The hair team curled your hair into big, loose ringlets, then twirled half of it to the back into an elegant knot, and secured it with a large shinnying clip, allowing the rest of your hair to fall on your shoulders. They then applied some mysterious, sickly smelling spray onto your hair which made you to wrinkle your nose up.

The ladies helped you to wriggle into your dress, and fastened the zip up on the back of the dress. Two of your helpers then approached you with large, fluffy brushes and began to brush it over your arms and shoulders. You turned your arm slightly to work out what they were doing to your skin then noticed that you were sparkling. You frowned.

One of the ladies caught your bewildered expression and smiled. “That’s glitter. We’ve sprayed some glitter onto your hair as well. You’ll shine tonight amongst all the other people.”

After you helped the team to pack up, you thanked them and waved them off happily.

You sat in the living room in silence and waited for Baekhyun to come down.

Moments later, the stairs creaked and Baekhyun appeared by the doorway, busy fidgeting with his tie.

He was clad in white from head to toe. The only other colour was his purple tie, which matched your dress. His usual milky skin stood out even more with his attire and you swear that he was glowing.

“Urgh...Hate wearing this,” he complained under his breath as his fingers fumbled with the silky tie.

You went over and reached out to help him. “Baekhyun, you’re making it worse.”

You replaced his hand with yours and fiddled around with the fabric. You honestly had no idea how to tie a tie properly, but you knew how it’s supposed to look and presumed that it would be easier to achieve from someone else’s perspective than the wearer’s. You adjusted the material and tried your best to make it resemble the image in your head.

Baekhyun gulped uneasily at how close you two were. His eyes avoided you, or at least, tried to avoid you.

“The makeup team sure did a good job,” he thought.

Your hair looked so soft and elegant as it spilled over your shoulders. Your occasional movement reflected the light and made your skin shimmer gently. The faint and natural looking blush on your cheeks made you look more radiant and innocent than you already were. The way you bit your pink lips unconsciously as you attempted to fix his tie...

Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat.

Mesmerized by your beauty, he yearned to touch your skin, to see if it was as soft as it appeared to be. His hand began to ascend upwards towards your face. However, just as he was about to reach out, you stepped away from him to check his tie. Baekhyun retracted his hand swiftly behind his back and shifted his gaze to the wall.

He cleared his throat hastily. “Thanks ________.”

“Baekhyun, you look so handsome,” you complimented him bluntly.

His breath hitched at your sudden flattery and returned your compliment after he took a deep breath. “You look wonderful too.” He took a glance at the clock that was hanging on the wall. “We should get going. Don’t want our main character to be late, do we?”

-----------

Herderp~

So I thought I'd be able to update faster >___> *sigh* Sorry guys, but it seems that I am a natural slow writer U_____U

Baekhyun's outfit:

Just replace Kris's face with Baekhyun's face :3 and change his tie colour to purple *Imagines Baekhyun in a white suit xQ___________*

Please, please comment!! I really do love reading all your hilarious comments ^^