Chapter 8

A Missing Heart

As Baekhyun had predicted, it was a long and tiring day. After finishing breakfast, you two headed to Baekhyun’s work place to meet his team. They gave you a very warm welcome and congratulated Baekhyun endlessly. After a thorough run through of some questions that the press conference may bring up, you both then waved goodbye and left to the shopping centre to find you an outfit for the party. Finally, after hours of searching and contemplating, Baekhyun finally agreed on a dress.

Currently, you were both sat inside a food tent; in front of you was a plate of bright red rice cake called ‘dukbokki’ as Baekhyun had told you.

You hadn’t prepared yourself for the spiciness of the food, and after your first mouthful, you gasped in horror as the flavour overwhelmed your taste buds.

“______, you okay?!”

“It’s,” you chocked. “Hot!”

Baekhyun quickly fished out a bottle of water from his bag and passed it to you. You gulped down half the bottle in a flash and stared at the plate of danger in front of you, eyes wide open in amazement.

“Wah...” you managed to get out.

“Is it too spicy for you?” Baekhyun asked, worried.

“No, I...I think I quite enjoyed that.”

 Baekhyun hesitated, “you sure? We can get a less spicy one if you want.”

“I’ll eat this,” you said with determination as you shoved another few dukbokki into your awaiting mouth, interested at the new sensation.

Baekhyun watched you with amazement. The first time he tried dukbokki, he had ended up crying because his tongue was practically on fire. But then there’s you, sat beside him, wolfing down the food and appeared to be enjoying it. When will you stop surprising him?

“Excuse me?” A voice interrupted his train of thought.

You both turned towards the voice and noticed a young, university couple, looking eager and hopeful.

Baekhyun smiled. “Yes?”

“Are you, Baekhyun?”The man asked, his eyes filled with admiration.

“Yes.”

“And I assume that this is...” the man’s voice trailed off as his eyes landed on you. “Your invention.”

“Her name is _______,” Baekhyun introduced you.

You dipped your head slightly and said, “annyeonghaseyo.”

“Wow...It talks...amazing,” the woman uttered to herself as she stared at you.

You squirmed slightly under her intense gaze.

Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed slight, “she is, isn’t she?” Pronouncing the ‘she’ with a subtle emphasize.

“May I have your autograph? I’ve been a fan of your past work for a while now! You’re such an inspiration!” The man held out a notepad and a pen.

Baekhyun obliged with a smile, and jotted down a long thank you message.

After eating, you two returned home at around 8pm. You plopped down onto the sofa and stared at the ceiling, while Baekhyun headed to the kitchen. He came back a moment later with two bowls of fruit and two cups. He passed you one of each and then settled down on the sofa beside you.

You looked at the warm, steaming liquid inside the cup, “what’s this?”

Baekhyun grabbed the remote and switched the TV on, “it’s hot chocolate, helps me to wind down after a tiring day, I think you’ll like it.”

You took a small sip, and immediately liked the taste.

Soon the conversation died into a comfortable silence as the TV captured your focus. Baekhyun told you it was a drama called “I’m Sorry, I Love you”. Even though you had no idea what was going on, you still found it captivating.

An hour or so later, your eyes were still glued to the TV. Suddenly, a weight pressed down on your shoulder. You jumped slightly and turned to see what it was. You eyes rounded as you found that Baekhyun had fallen asleep with his head rested on your shoulder. His bangs covered his eyes and his mouth was slightly open as he breathed slowly and peacefully. You stared back at the smooth screen, and blinked several times, mind blank, unsure of what to do.

Should you wake him up? Let him stay on your shoulders? He had suggested on the way home to get a good night sleep...But if he was resting on you, how would you sleep? What should you do?

You took a glance at the sofa. It seemed big and comfortable enough. Gently, you s your arm to his neck, shifted the weight of his head to your arm and laid him down flat on the soft surface of the sofa. You went upstairs to retrieve his pillow and duvet and were about to head back down when the pink pig caught your attention. You grabbed it then went back to the living room.

You hovered above him quietly. You slid the pillow underneath his head and sandwiched the pig between his arms, then wrapped him up neatly in his duvet.

Satisfied, you left to the kitchen to clean up the cups and bowls, then as you were about to turn all the lights off, Baekhyun suddenly called out, “Jang Mi! Don’t leave me!”

Startled, you hurried over to him, but found him still asleep.

“Is this sleep talking...?” You wondered.

His brows were pulled together, and just like this morning, you poked at the area and his expression relaxed.

After five minutes, when it seemed that he was in a deep slumber, you swiftly switched off the light and went to your room, ready to rest.

Just before you went into standby mode, a question flitted across your mind.

“Who’s Jang Mi?”

--------------

I don't have exams for about three weeks...I'll do my best to update!!

Also...someone...

Take him away!! Honestly!! Everytime I see a picture, I end up- *SPAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

I mean, seriously!!

I CAN'T EVEN-

FFFFFFFFF WHY YOU SO HOT?!

*DEAD*