Chapter 1

A Missing Heart

“Can you hear me?”

A gentle voice stirred you. A low rumble erupted throughout your body as you felt your motherboard whirling to life for the first time.

Your eyelid muscles contracted and bright colours entered your field of vision as they washed away the blackness of your previously closed eyes. A blinding ray of sunlight that had peeped through the shut curtains hit you directly into your half opened eyes and instantly you cringed away from the brightness.

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t notice the light...I didn’t close the curtains properly. Sorry, hang on...”

Your eyes remained tightly shut before you heard a whoosh and some clinging of metal sounds in front of you.

This time, you opened your eyes without hesitation and your pupils focused themselves onto the figure stood in front of you. He had a satisfied and relieved smile on his face, and when he noticed your gaze, his smile widened.

He walked towards you and stopped about an arm length away before asking. “Do you know who I am?”

Your eyes blinked as you considered his question. You opened your mouth and your larynx produced your first few words. “You are...my creator.”  

The person in front of you arched a brow at your response.

“’Creator’ sounds a little stiff,” he chuckled slightly. “Call me your friend instead~”

Your brain searched for the term.

Friend (noun): A person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection.

“Friend?” you uttered the word a few seconds later.

“Yes,” he said before placing a hand on your shoulder (which you registered as “mutual affection”) his smile still apparent on his features. “I’m Baekhyun.”

You paused for a moment. Your internal system was still in disarray and was in the process of sorting everything in order. Your ability to pick up sound was still a little behind and you didn’t quite catch what he had said.

“Bacon?” You said, baffled. An image of a slice of bacon popped up in your brain.

Bacon (noun): the back and sides of the hog, salted and dried or smoked, usually sliced thin and fried for food.

“Huh?” The space between his eyebrows furrowed together in an act of confusion. He was not sure how ‘bacon’ was suddenly being brought up in this conversation.

“You said that you are bacon.”

A moment passed and after several seconds of trying to link the two ends together, Baekhyun’s eyes widened and his lips formed into an oval shape as he understood what you had meant. You registered his expression as a form of understanding.

A burst of melody-like laughter came out of his mouth. “No no,” he laughed, “It’s Baekhyun. Baek-hyun. That’s my name.”

“Oh...”

“Not to worry, I think your system’s still a little muddled up right now,” he assured you as he calmed down from his outburst. “Do you have a name?”

You gave him a blank look. “Would would you like to call me?”

“Hmmm...Let’s see,” he pondered with a finger resting on his chin, his eyes rolled around in their sockets. Then his face lit up as a suitable name popped up in his head, “how about _________~?”

“If that’s what you would like to call me, I have no objection,” you said, voice monotone.

“________ it is then,” he flashed you an eye smile and ruffled your hair slightly. He then proceeded by taking your hand and led you beside the window that was concealed by the red, velvet curtains.

“Your eyes should be okay by now...Now _______, allow me to introduce you to-” he paused dramatically and clutched the fabric in both hands, before tearing the curtains open to reveal the scenery hidden behind. “Earth!”

The vivid rays greeted your eyes once again, and quickly your pupils adjusted to become custom to the change.  

“Wow...”

------------

I refuse to do any revision right now =.= My chemistry teacher trolled me today and gave me a mock test without warning...

Anyhoo~ the first chapter is up!! Kinda short :/ but hope it's okay!!

I couldn't resist leaving out our Baekhyun's nickname, so for the lolz, I included it here XD

SOOO sorry about not posting anything up ;__; I think I'll type up chapter 2 tonight and post it as well ;)

Comment, subscribe and loooove~~~ ^^