Actions Speak Louder Than Words.

We Have Changed

 

*Lee Jinki’s POV*

I was just about to finish getting everything done. Everything was well placed, the candles lit, the jazz music in the background; very romantic. The door opens and I quickly turn to see Vivienne. The smile that was on my face vanished quickly and I panicked a little inside.

                “V-Vivienne, what-what are you doing home early? I thought you said you had a meeting?” I approached her at the door and wiped my now clammy palms on my jeans. I ran a nervous hand through my shaggy hair.

                “I-I did, but then I decided that I should come home and apologize for dissing you this past few days.” I felt a smile creep onto my face as she looked around our dorm as she put her purse down. “What is all this?” She asked in awe. “D-did you do this for me?”

               “Uh,” Think Jinki think…I thought. “To be honest, yes, I did.” I said smiling and running a hand through my hair again.  Good job, now you just made yourself look like an idiot. “I must be an idiot, huh?” I sat down at the bar where her favorite food was and mine.

                “N-no, to be honest, it’s sweet.” She sat beside me, which made me smile. “Though, I’m curious on why?

I looked up at her; she was biting down on her lip and fiddling with her hands. Is now the right time to tell her my feelings that have been inside all of this time? I thought about it for several seconds. “I did it so we could spend time together. Isn’t that enough?” I said with a chuckle as I playfully nudged her. “Now, eat! I didn’t make all of your favorite foods to go to waste.”

 I began eating my grilled chicken. I sighed internally; even my love for chicken is one-sided. I took a glance at her and my heart began to race. Why couldn’t I just tell her? It’d be easy, Vivienne, I love you. I love everything about you. Your brown skin, your nice smile, hips, lips, waist...bre— Stop right there Jinki! I felt my face getting hot so I excused myself to the bathroom. I locked the door slid my back against it. Why was this harder than I thought? I am a pretty straightforward man, so why couldn’t be straightforward back then? I put my head in my hands. God, I just loved everything about her, I mean who wouldn’t? She was everything and anything I could’ve wanted in a woman. She opened my eyes in different ways than one. Just then I had an idea, if I couldn’t tell her with words then I could show her how I felt. Smiling with the idea I opened the door to see Vivienne there.

“I came to check on you, to see if you were ok.”

“I am now,” I said. She blushed and looked down.

“Well, I-I’m glad. I’m going to go back into the kitchen.” She turned and began to walk away; I stopped her and grabbed her hand. My heart pounding I turned her to face me and leaned in for the kiss. I didn’t give her enough reaction time, I was too scared she’d push me away…but she didn’t. I was both surprised and ecstatic that she didn’t stop me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me deeper. I wrapped my arms around her waist and put her feet on top of mine, even furthering the deepened kiss. I left my right arm around her waist and took my left hand and caressed her cheek. She was my world. This moment was so right and so perfect. I really didn’t like it when she pulled away, but I didn’t realize that I hadn’t breathed since I started to kiss her. Our breathing was heavy; I kissed her lips one last time before she spoke.

                “Onew…y-you kissed me.” She said biting her lip.

                “I know,” I whispered against her cheek holding her close.

                “Why?” She asked me looking me in the eyes. I knew I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I smiled softly.

                “I can show you better than I can tell you,” I said simply before kissing her and pinning her to my bed.