Chapter 1

The Mystery of the Zodiac Killer

 

In the crowded city of Taipei, everyone was rushing to work and school. It was the same routine everyday. No one stood out and everyone could care less about what happens around them. They were either oblivious to it, or just ignored it since they were running late. In the afternoon, everyone was happily walking home from work or school. As the day come to an end, everyone was in a rush to get home. Even though it was getting dark, the streets were still crowded with people.

Among those people was Lin Xia Kou. He was just like every other person. In the morning he would rush to work, in the afternoon he would rush home. He was different among them in one way. He has no one to return to. His parents died when he was in college. His girlfriend of four years left him for another man. Hatred and anger roamed in his heart. Today was none like the other. He was on his way home when he stopped by a little street vendor. They were selling all types of charms. He thought that it was pretty cute, so he decided to buy one, but who does he sees at the same vendor? His ex-girlfriend with the man she left him for. Jealousy and anger starts to boil. He glared at her and stormed home.

He wanted to take revenge on her, but he didn’t know how. He his laptop and read old news clippings on the internet. It was about a serial killer, who killed people base on their Zodiac signs. This gives Xia Kou an idea. The best way to take his revenge was to kill her base on her Zodiac sign. An evil smile crept on his face, as the thought popped into his head.

In another part of town, Wu Ying Jie, was still in her office. She was working on a case that involves the kidnapping of a boy four years ago. The case was ongoing, but when the boy miraculously showed up at home, two months later, they placed the case as solved. The mystery was, how did he get home and what have happened to him? The little boy was traumatized by this incident and his parents had asked her to solve the mystery that was left untouched when he came back home.

Yan Ya Lun was in his office waiting for her leave. He knew that she was a hard working investigator, but he didn’t want her to overwork herself. He was her boyfriend, but since they were always busy, he never gets to spend anytime with her. Every time there was a case, he would be by her side, protecting her from harm. He hates it when she put her life in danger, but he knew that she was dedicated to her job. She was an awesome investigator and she always solves her cases, still, he couldn’t help but worry for her.

The next day, Xia Kou had a different mission. He was going to kidnap his ex-girlfriend and make her pay for it, but before he strikes, he was going to send her some ‘gifts.’ He walked into a flower shop and ordered some flowers for her and he had it deliver to her office. Little did he know she worked with the famous investigator of all time. An evil look fell upon his face, when he came out of the shop. He had planned to play innocent with his kind and nice personality. He smiled at everyone he saw that day.