Hopeless... Or not.

Finding Mr. Right

 

Mr. Kim drove you home. He had seen the whole thing at the airport and he felt bad for you. He did not speak anymore because he knew that you wanted to have some space. He was worried. Mr. Kim was a loyal worker and he worked for your family since when you were a little girl. For you, he was part of family too. He also knew how much you love Gyeongpyo. Before, you shared your problems to Mr. Kim whenever your father is always at work. It was like, Mr. Kim acted like a father to you too and it hurt him to see you in pain.

The car halted in front of your mansion. You were staring at nothing. You were still overwhelmed from what happened awhile ago. You still can’t believe that he was gone; that he didn’t even considered your feelings. You still haven’t fully moved on from the break up and now you have to endure another heart break. Yes, it was like he broke your heart again by leaving you hopeless. It was like being stabbed twice.

Mr. Kim opened the car door for you and you stepped outside. You were wobbly while walking and you even almost tripped. Once you entered your house, someone awaited you there. “Nayoung!” Heeyeon stood up from the sofa and approach you with a hug. When your best friend hugged you can’t control your feelings anymore and you burst out crying. “Heeyeon! Eotteokhe? Eotteokhe? He’s gone! He left me already!!” You cried. Heeyeon soothed your back, “Shhh. It’s okay, cry it out. Everything’s going to be fine.” She said but it seemed that you’re inconsolable at the moment.

“Heeyeon, I don’t what to do! I still love him!” You continued to cry onto your best friend’s shoulder. “The best thing you can do is to forget him Nayoung.” She whispered. Heeyeon don’t know how to comfort you. You are in wreck right now. *I’m sorry, Nayoung. I don’t what to do either.*

You won’t stop crying while Heeyeon was there comforting you with warmth from a best friend.

---

You tried your best to focus at school. Going to school was already a big effort despite your situation. But instead of being the happy Nayoung, you were back to being a miserable one. Heeyeon tried to cheer you up everyday but it was useless. Everyone in your school wasn’t used to see you not smiling. It was like your happiness and energy was out of you.

It was lunch and you and Heeyeon was at the cafeteria. “Yah, Nayoung. Eat your food. You’re just poking it. If you don’t eat that, I will.” Heeyeon joked but you just won’t respond. “Aigoo, Choi Nayoung what should I do to you?” Heeyeon sighed. Heeyeon rested her elbows over the table and placed her head on her two hands. She watched staring blankly at nothing. She was worried about you and she needs to think of a way to make you forget about Gyeongpyo.

“Hey Nayoung, let’s go shopping over the weekend! I heard they are having a grand sale! I know you love sales!!” She tempted you but it seemed that you didn’t even hear a thing. Heeyeon tried once more, “How about Lotte World? Sounds fun right!” Still no respond from you. Heeyeon heaved a heavy sigh. Heeyeon turned her head and accidentally heard her girl schoolmates talking.

“Hey, how did your blind date go?” One girl asked. “It was okay, I had fun though but the guy wasn’t my type.” The other girl answered. “But you know what, for once I forgot about my problems with my ex when I was in the blind date.” The girl added. “Really? Then that’s great. You can easily move on.” Her friend said. “Well, I hope so.” The two girls ended their conversation.

“A blind date… Hmm?” Heeyeon whispered to herself. “Hey Nayoung! Nayoung?” She turned to you and found that your already gone. “Aish that girl, I swear every day she gets more and more mysterious.” She shook her head. *But now, I think I know how I can help Nayoung in moving on. Operation: Finding Mr. Right.* Heeyeon smiled.

---

You went to the washroom but you felt bad for leaving Heeyeon. You look at yourself in the mirror. “Get hold of yourself Nayoung! He’s gone! He’s gone! He’s gone! And he’s not coming back for you!” You told yourself repeatedly. You washed your face with warm water from the faucet and dried it with your hanky. You took a deep breath and cheer yourself up. “I can do this! I can endure this!”

You went out of the washroom and walked back to the cafeteria. As you were walking in the hallways, you bumped into someone. You looked up to apologize but you were dazed to see who it was. *It’s him! The guy from the coffee shop! The one who gave me chills from the way he looks.*

“M-mianhae!” You bowed. The guy looked at you with a blank expression in his face. You stood up to leave but it appeared that you were stuck in the moment and you find yourself looking at him straight in the eyes. *Even though he was like throwing daggers at people with the way he looks he still has beautiful eyes.* You absentmindedly thought.  

He slowly moved forward towards you yet you didn’t move an inch. He was near in pinning you on the wall and his face was inches away but still you didn’t move. It was like you were frozen on the spot. The guy pinched his eyebrows and looked at you with curious eyes. *What’s her problem? Is she mental or something?* Your nametag caught his attention. *So this is the famous Choi Nayoung?*

“Yah L! What are you doing there? Let’s go!” Someone called. You were back into reality and you realized that a stranger was so close to you and by close, means very very close. You were a bit embarrassed from what happened. *Did I just really stare at this guy?* Your face heated up. Two more guys approached you and this mysterious guy. “Yah L! Are you talking to a girl already?” A tall guy with chubby cheeks joked. “That’s a good one hyung!” Another guy that looked like a girl cracked up.

You were still there, not knowing what to do. “Oh it’s Nayoung!” Sungjong waved with a smile. “Hello!” You bowed. Sungjong was in your class, he was a junior like you and he was also a member of a kingka group, INFINITE. “Hi Nayoung!” The tall guy wave. You didn’t know his name so you just looked at his name tag. “Er. Hello Sungyeol-shi.” You awkwardly said. Sungyeol laughed at your cuteness. “Well it was nice meeting you Nayoung-shi.” Sungyeol chuckled. “We’ll be going now, Nayoung! See you in class.” Sungjong bid goodbye. You smiled and waved. Your gaze diverted to L. His eyes were piercing right through you. You swallowed hard but you can’t look away. “Let’s go L hyung!” Sungjong dragged him away.

“So he is L.” You whispered to yourself.

First in the café, and now this. Once again, L made you uneasy but in a good way.