The Good Turned Bad

Finding Mr. Right

 

The car had stopped in front of a class A Mall in Hongdae. Gyeongpyo got off of his car and opened the door for you. He held out his hand and you held it as you got out of his car. You looked up and you wondered to yourself why Gyeongpyo brought you to a mall. His hand was still intertwined with yours. You faced him and asked, “Oppa, why did you bring me here?”

“Hm. I don’t know. Why did I bring you here? Do you know why?” He playfully asked you with a teasing smile. “Oppa! You asked me the same question!” You slightly hit his arm and he chuckled. “Let’s just enjoy this day, arasso?” He slid his arm over your shoulder and drew you inside.

The two of you strolled around the mall. You would go inside some outlet store and looked for some clothes. You would pick some outfit and tried them on. Gyeongpyo said he would buy them for you but you declined. He still insisted though, for one Gyeongpyo could be really so stubborn. After several persuasions, he bought you a pair of Grendha Shoes, a floral dress, and a statement sweatshirt that says: HOTTIE.

“People will think I’m so full of myself.” You pouted as you held the shirt. “Well, baby we’re just stating a fact.” He smiled. You shook your head and followed him outside the store. The two of you grew tired of the mall and decided to go to a park nearby. He parked the car, you left the bags of clothes inside and the two of leisurely walked around the park.

There were kids running and playing. You also saw some couples having a picnic. Gyeongpyo saw a bike rental. “Nayoung, you want to ride bikes?” He asked. You nodded quickly. He rented a single rider bike. You rode behind him. “Hold on tight, okay?” He looked back to you and you made an okay sign as you smiled at him.

The two of you went around the park with you two riding the bicycle. You held on Gyeongpyo’s waist and you rested your head on his warm back. You shut your eyes and treasured this moment. This would be the best day for you. Or is it?

Gyeongpyo looked back to see you resting on his back. His expression softened. *I’m so sorry Nayoung, but this is the best for the both of us.*

You waited on a bench as Gyeongpyo returned the bike to the rental place. He came back with two frozen yogurt in his hands. “Here, I bought your favorite flavor.” He handed you the cup with caramel syrup and almonds. “Thank you, oppa!” You beamed. He just weakly smiled but you didn’t notice.

After resting for awhile, Gyeongpyo stood up and said “We still have to go to our last destination.” He said expressionlessly. Being naïve and dense sometimes, you didn’t discerned the mood changing already. You just followed him to the car.

After the short ride the two of you arrived at Han River. A lot of good memories flashed your mind but there was one that was very special for you. This was where Gyeongpyo confessed to you. You smiled and your face turned red as you reminisced. The sun would almost set and it was becoming colder. You rubbed your hands and you blew in it to make yourself warm.

“Oh oppa, what are we doing here anyway? Are you going to confess to me again?” You slightly joke and he looked at you.

For the first time, you can’t tell what he was thinking by the way he looked at you. But one thing was sure; you knew there was something wrong. You tilted your head. “Oppa?”

“Nayoung, I need to tell you something.” He said without looking to your eyes. Now you were becoming anxious. “What is it Gyeongpyo oppa?” You said softly. “Nayoung…” He breathed and closed his eyes for awhile.

When he opened them again, the last thing he would say to you escaped his mouth.

“… let’s break up.”