Goodbye Nayoung

Finding Mr. Right

 

It was a Saturday afternoon and you were at your room studying for an upcoming test. You were memorizing some formulas when something fell out from your notebook. It was a picture of you and Gyeongpyo. You picked up the picture and gazed at it. You slightly touched Gyeongpyo’s face in picture. “How are you, oppa? Did you already move on? I guess you are.” You said as tears were forming again in your eyes.

“I miss you Gyeongpyo oppa. I wonder if you feel the same way.” You cried silently. Weeks had passed already but you still hadn’t move on. You tried but it wasn’t easy. Stupid as it seemed, but you were still hoping that you’ll get him back and that the two of you will be together again as if nothing happened.

“I still love you, oppa.” You softly said.

Suddenly, your phone rang. You immediately wiped your tears and answered your phone. “Hello?”

“NAYOUNG!” Heeyeon shouted on the other line. “H-Heeyeon? What’s wrong? Why are you shouting?” You asked.

“You better stopped what you’re doing right now!” She said in a panicky voice. “Wait, why?” You asked, obviously bewildered. “Ho oppa told me that Gyeongpyo oppa is going to Paris today!” She said. As you heard those words, you felt like the time had stopped. Gyeongpyo was leaving, and that’s the last thing you don’t want to happen. “Nayoung? Hello? Are you still there?” She spoke. “Y-yes.” You whispered.

“Besh! You still have time! Go meet him and bring him back!” Heeyeon said. “A-arasso. Thank you Heeyeon, thanks for telling me.” You said then hung up the phone. You quickly grabbed your sweater and ran out of the house. “Mr. Kim! Please bring me to the airport!! Please!” You quickly said. Mr. Kim doesn’t have to think twice and he drove you to the airport in an instance.

*Oppa, wait for me. Please oppa, don’t leave.* You closed your eyes as you prayed that Gyeongpyo hadn’t left yet.

Once the car had stopped in front of the airport you immediately ran inside. You ran to the International flight section and you squinted your eyes to look for him. Your heart was racing as you spotted a familiar tall figure. “Gyeongpyo Oppa!!” You shouted his name. He turned his head and he was surprised to see you here.

“Nayoung.” He whispered.

Catching your breath, you approached him. “Oppa! Don’t leave me.” You said exhaustedly. “Nayoung, what are you doing here? How did you know that I’m leaving for Paris?” He asked. “THAT’S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!!” You shouted as you cried. He was taken a back by your sudden explosion. “Nayoung, look at me.” He cupped your face. You missed how he held you just like that. “Oppa, I still love you.” You whispered. “I’m really sorry, Nayoung, but I’m not the one for you.” He softly said. “Please understand me, Nayoung.”

“How about my feelings, oppa? I’m having a hard time to forget you because I can’t!” You said. “Oppa! Please, just don’t leave me.” You hugged his waist tightly as you begged him to stay.

“Flight 4378, flight to Paris, France. All passengers please board in now.” The PA announced. When you heard that, you hugged him more tightly. “No, oppa! Don’t leave.” You begged once more.

“Nayoung, please let go.” Gyeongpyo said as he removed your arms around his waist. “I’m really sorry, Nayoung.” He turned to go but you grabbed his arms yet he yanked it away. He turned around with concerned eyes. Your cries were severely unstoppable at this moment.

“I’m sorry Nayoung but goodbye.” He turned and he left to board on the plane.

Those were his last words to you. He was gone… for good.