Trying To Be Okay + First Princes

Finding Mr. Right

 

The next day, your mom prepared breakfast for you. You sat and say a little prayer before eating your meal. “Mom, these waffles are the best!” You put your thumbs up. “Well, thank you dear. Eat a lot, you need energy to school.” Mrs. Choi wiped her hands with the hand towel and made way to the dining table. “By the way mom, where’s appa?” You asked. “He went to work beforehand.” She said and then she started to eat too.

“Really? I wasn’t able to say goodbye.” You pouted. “How about you, mom?” Are you going to work too?” You added. She shook her head and said, “No, I’ll be staying home for the week.” “Really?!” You said in so much happiness. “Yes, yes. Now finish eating or you’ll be late for school.” Your mom said. “Arasso!” You finished eating with a lot of good vibes.

You expected your family car to be waiting for you but instead a luxurious white BMW was waiting for you outside. “Besh!” Heeyeon came out of the car. “Oh Heeyeon, what are you doing here?” You asked, bewildered. It was rare for Heeyeon to come in your house during school days. “What do you think? Of course, I’m fetching you!” She excitedly said. She dragged you inside her car and it drove off.

“Yah. I’m not yet giving you my permission.” You said. “Harhar. No use, besh. You’re inside my car now.” She stuck her tongue out and you pouted. “Uhm Nayoung.” She whispered. “Yes?” You looked at her. “You know my brother right? Ho oppa?” Heeyeon said in a soft tone. “Heeyeon don’t eat your words, I cannot understand what you are saying.” You chuckled.

“Harhar.” She dryly laughed but she continued. “My brother? Ho oppa? You know him right?” “What about him?” You asked back.

“Well you see, I don’t know if you knew about this but oppa is classmates with Gyeongpyo oppa.” Heeyeon cautiously said. You turned silent. “I was so worried about you so I sort of asked my brother if he knew something about you and Gyeongpyo oppa and he said that–’’ You cut her words and said, “Yes, Gyeongpyo oppa broke up with me.” You said and stared ahead. Heeyeon looked at you with concerned eyes.

“Yah! Don’t look at me like that. It’s giving me chills.” You smiled. “Nayoung, I–’’ You put your hands in front of her and signaled her to stop. “Heeyeon, I know that you know that I was hurt, and I am actually still hurt. I don’t know when will this pass but one thing that I know for sure that I cannot get him back anymore. It’s hard to move on but there’s nothing more I can do. I’ll be okay in no time.” You said. “I wish I could do something to help you.” Heeyeon softly said. “Being there for me is already a big help Heeyeon. It’s enough for me.” You sincerely smiled.

The two of arrived at school and students started to gossip again about you. You took a deep breath and you remembered what your mom had told you.

“Don’t let a break up affect your relationship with others. It is not worth it, Nayoung.”

*Mom was right.* You thought. Heeyeon took as peek at you and asked, “Are you okay?”

“Neh!” You nodded with a smile. “Kaja besh! We don’t want to be late!” You held her hand and the two of you went inside the campus.

You and Heeyeon were walking towards your lockers when a freshman boy approached you. “Nayoung n-noona.” The boy softly called. “Yes, may I help you?” You answered politely. “I h-heard you had a bad day yesterday. I j-just want to give you these.” He handed a box of chocolates. “Thank you! Chocolates are my comfort food! Thank you very much. And oh, don’t worry I’m in a good mood now.” You sweetly said with a heart-stopping smile. The boy blushed and bowed at you then left.

After that freshman boy, a lot of fan boys and fan girls approached you to ask how you were doing, to give you chocolates and gifts, and to take pictures with you. Unlike yesterday, you accepted all gifts and interact with your schoolmates wholeheartedly. Heeyeon could see you, her best friend trying hard to move on but she could still feel that you were still hurt and having a hard time.

Moments later, your fans left, satisfied. “I could sense a day full of fan service, Nayoung.” Heeyeon teased. “Whatever, Heeyeon. But you know, it made me feel okay.” You said honestly.

You and Heeyeon continued to walk in the hallway when the other students, mostly the girls started to squeal.

“Oh my gosh. EXO – K is coming! They’re coming!” One girl slapped her friend on the arm because of so much fan – girling.
“Ahhh. I can’t wait to see Chanyeol oppa!” Girls were literally jumping up and down.
“They’re here!!!” One girl shouted and all of them rushed towards the main entrance.

“EXO what?” You tilted your head. You faced Heeyeon and asked her, “Who’s coming besh?”

“I don’t even know how you became popular and you don’t know the ‘trends’ here in school.” Heeyeon crossed her arms and continued. “EXO – K, they are our sunbaes. And obviously, they’re pretty popular here too.” You nodded in understanding.

“That’s explain it besh, they are seniors that’s why I don’t know them.” You innocently smiled. “Aigoo, Nayoung!” She pinched your cheeks. The two of you watched from the second floor. “Wow, look at the guy, he’s so tall!” You pointed at the guy walking behind. “And that, he’s skin is so white!” You continued to point out some interesting things about them. “Yah Nayoung! Don’t point! It’s bad!” Heeyeon put your hands down. “Mianhae!” You sheepishly smiled.

The bell rang and students scattered off and went to their class. “Nayoung let’s go!” Heeyeon pulled you and the two of you ran to your class. EXO –K who was going up the stairs unperturbedly made their way to class too.

Kai stopped when he spotted you running with Heeyeon. “Nayoung! Hurry!! We’re going to be late!” Heeyeon hollered. “Wait for me!” You tried to catch up. *Choi Nayoung. Hm.* He smiled as your name kept ringing to his ears. “Kai! Let’s go!” The tall one, Chanyeol called for him.

“Coming.” He coolly said as he put his hands into his pockets.