An Immense Wound in My Heart

Finding Mr. Right

 

You took the bus home. You trudged yourself up the hill to reach your house. Your 4 inch wedge heels killed your feet. You felt your muscles became numb. Your body just hurt like hell. You opened the back door to the kitchen and your maids greeted you.

“Ms. Nayoung, you’re home! Oh my! What happened to you?” Mrs. Yoon, the head maid on your house, asked you in wide eyes. Well, you can’t blame Mrs. Yoon. You looked horrible, probably because of all the crying. You literally looked like a raccoon. Your eyeliner and mascara smudged off of your cheek bone, your eyes were swollen, and your face was all red and puffy.

“What happened Ms. Nayoung? Are you okay?” She asked in concern. You ignored her first question and answered the latter. “I’m fine.” You said under your breath. Lies. All lies. How could a two word sentence be a mouthful of lies? Mrs. Yoon looked at you worriedly; she was not used to see you like this. You are a cheerful girl, you always smile and you’re always happy. But today, it looked like the whole world was in your hands.

But again, you can’t blame her. Mrs. Yoon doesn’t know anything. “Is mom and dad home?” You just asked. “No honey, they flew to the Philippines for a business expo, remember?” She reminded you.

You sagged your shoulders in disappointment. Oh yeah, you remember. How could you forget? Your parents were always out of the country for business matters. “I’m going upstairs.” You whispered and made your upstairs. “Okay! I-I’ll just call you for dinner.” Mrs. Yoon hollered.

You entered your room and you looked at yourself in the mirror. Was this the Nayoung you saw this morning? You looked like a zombie and raccoon all together. You sat on the chair and removed your shoes. A soft groan left your mouth as you slightly massaged your swollen feet. You rested for awhile and went for a hot bath. You absentmindedly dipped your whole body on the tub full of warm water. Somehow, it made you feel relieved and relaxed. But that feeling didn’t last for long when Gyeongpyo’s words from your conversation awhile ago flashed your mind.

“Let’s break up.”

“We were not in love with each other.”

“I’m not the one for you.”

Tears escaped your eyes again. “He can’t just dump me like this.” You muttered to yourself, and then you realized what you had just said. “Well, guess what Nayoung, he just did hours ago.” You told yourself as your cried silently. Despite the pain you felt in your entire body, your heart hurt the most. It was stabbed several times when Gyeongpyo said those words. It hurt you, itkilled you.

“What happened to forever? He told me that we’ll last eternally. I guess not. There’s no such thing as forever.” You bitterly said. You never had been this bitter before. Of course, others would feel the same as you, besides Gyeongpyo was your first boyfriend; for sure it would hurt a lot.

“It was all lies. All of it!” You cried in sadness and frustration at the same time. The guy that you loved the most and the guy that you thought would be the one for you just broke your heart into a million pieces and you have no idea how to put those pieces back into its place.