Theme park

Under the sun, our first meeting

 

 

Yunho was early by 10 minutes and he found a corner to wait near the gates of the newly opened theme park.

It was first agreed on Jaejoong going home to change a new set of clothes and something more appropriate for a theme park.

Yunho’s watch beeped. It was 10 and Jaejoong was nowhere in sight. A few clink and clanks and the staffs pulled the gates open. Visitors who were loitering outside the gate, either in groups, couple, or family, started to stream in. Yunho leaned against the wall and sighed. Autumn wind was cold.

Jaejoong went home and came out wearing something more decent; a pair of scratched grey jeans matched with a hood with black and white striped long sleeve.

Jaejoong had arrived on the dot but was observing Yunho from afar. Yunho’s outfit was what they had planned earlier on and his posture while standing was perfect. Jaejoong smiled and folded his arms. His hard work indeed paid off.

‘Yunho!’  Jaejoong shouted as he strolled over slowly.

It was obvious when Yunho’s eyes were tracing every part of Jaejoong’s body. Jaejoong gave a smirk. Maybe Yunho had unknowingly got attached to him. Would a normal guy actually check out another guy? At least Jaejoong’s plan to get Yunho to notice him is working.

Yunho noticed how he was checking out Jaejoong. He actually wore something decent. Yunho coughed and smiled. How could a man check out another man? That is just wrong.

‘A minute late’ Yunho pulled his left sleeve slightly to check for the time. ‘But you’re forgiven’.

Jaejoong tucked his hands into his front pockets. ‘Of course. Let’s go in.’

Yunho paid for the tickets, as a way to thank Jaejoong for his help so far. The staffs at the gantry scanned their wristband – a form of entry pass - to each of them to wear. Different colors represented what packages they bought and if they were other privileges. Yunho and Jaejoong were given the pink bands, where it signifies whole day entry.

They started their journey on the left path, where they will pass by the children area before heading over to the more mature rides, then to Lollywood Street.

Passing by the children area, families were hanging around stores and queuing up for rides with their children. Cotton candy push carts have started to sell and Yunho had thought of getting a stick to share but it was horrifyingly expensive.

‘$20 for a stick?!’ Yunho exclaimed in shock. ‘That is like day like robbery!’

Jaejoong who stood beside him was trying to hold back his laughter. Yunho was a stingy man. Very stingy. But it was true that $20 for a stick was quite expensive.

‘For a size like that – 3 heads long, I suppose it’s quite worth it?’ Jaejoong replied.

Yunho turns and gave his friend a look. His jaw dropped slightly and Jaejoong attempted to push it up. ‘Well, I forgot you are the spendthrift one. I wonder where your money came from. Say, do you grow money trees?’ Yunho replied with sarcasm.  

Jaejoong could only laugh and walked off first.

The first station which they queued was the dragon ride. The information board before the queue said “5 minutes” for queuing time and the ride lasts about 3 minutes.

Jaejoong walked into the queue where the others stood. It wasn’t very long but they had to wait a little before sitting on the ride.

Yunho followed behind and spoke at the same time while they were twisting and turning to their queue. ‘Quite a queue since it just opened…’

‘Yeah, this is right after the children section so I’m sure there’s a queue.’ Jaejoong leaned against the railing with his arm crossed while waiting.

Yunho took a shot and Jaejoong gave a look right after.

‘What? For memories sake.’ Yunho looked at his camera screen. ‘Good shot though’ Yunho did a thumbs up and gave his camera to Jaejoong to have a look.

It was their turn.

They picked the first seat where the dragon head was. The ride started out slow, going straight before inclining at a slow speed and accelerating near the middle. The ride then reached to a peak before tilting down and then down they went at an increasing speed, causing the carts to swivel left and right, down and up. People behind them were screaming and Jaejoong had his hands up shouting “WOW WOW WOW” while their carts went along the course.

Before the ride came to a stop, they had a final sharp turn.

Jaejoong laughed nonstop. ‘That was a fun ride!’ He exclaimed.

Yunho was pale and white.

‘Oh come on, that wasn’t even scary. You can’t even compare it to the roller coasters there!’ Jaejoong pointed to the course that was up the hill, clearly exposed and where screaming could be heard clearly. ‘Don’t be such a loser. You’re a man remember?’ Jaejoong gave him a shoulder pat and laughed.

As if his nightmares were ending. They were starting. Yunho was trembling as he was pulled to every ride by Jaejoong. They were either rides with crazy speed or impossibly high.

Two hours have gone by and they played about four rides; drop ride, zombie adventure, dinosaurs adventure, air spin.

Jaejoong was enjoying itself but Yunho already felt like dying. He sold half his soul to the park and he was hoping he could have the remaining left to go home.

Yunho’s watch beeped again and it was already noon – lunch.

They found themselves a western café at the corner of the street near the zombie land. The interior was in a shade of dark brown and black, covered with patches of cob webs, skeletons, and some ragged cloth.

Yunho had chosen a table near the windows where you could see the streets clearly.

‘Put your effort to work’ Jaejoong placed both hands on his hips as he spoke to Yunho.

Yunho just smiled and walked over to the counter to order his food, leaving his cap on the table as a means of reserving that table.

He had a change of plans. Maybe he wasn’t cut out to be a killer lady after all. Half a day spend at a theme park was enough for him. He can’t have a lady take him to all these rides which adds pressure to the heart all the time – he’s a er for it. Like what Jaejoong said, as a man his pride was at stake. It would be embarrassing if a man could not do well in front of his lady.

Of course this is always not the reason for his change of heart. It was Jaejoong. The man which he used to doubt had become his stylist for no reason (maybe attraction), then had wet dreams about him and right now, probably in love with him. He couldn’t tell Jaejoong that he had a change of heart. He wouldn’t know if the shorter man would accept his love. After all being homoual is a taboo topic in their country.

If he could just remain his one-sided love like this, he would be contented. All he wanted was a well spent day and have memories snapped into pictures.

 

Yunho didn’t talk much over lunch but listened to Jaejoong’s endless talking. It was time for their second half fun where they will make their way to the adult rides and watch some water acts before heading home.

Over two hours, they had played the exhilarating rides; 4D movie, space shutter ride, horror adventure and now waiting for the roller coasters. As it was afternoon now, the amount of tourists in the park had increased and the queues for every station had gotten longer, making waiting time longer too.

Yunho was jittering in fear as he watched how the roller coaster travelled and the screams which caused him to shrivel in fear. People were screaming as they were making a 360 degrees turn, flipping them upside down right after and then going down steeply before inclining and making a sharp turn to the ending point. All that which happened right before Yunho’s eyes already made him white before he even sat on the seats.

Yunho was shaking so much when they were seating in the centre of the cart. He was holding Jaejoong’s hands tightly, refusing to let go, fearing that he may drop off when he was going to be flipped.

The ride started as the staff pushed the green button. The cart jerked a little before travelling at a slow speed and then the ride begins like how Yunho watched. This time he was screaming (like a girl) as he followed the course of the roller coaster.

When the ride ended, his legs went jelly and he found it hard to stand after sometime. Jaejoong laughed for awhile before offering him a bottle of water.

Jaejoong offered a hand to support Yunho to rest under a shade before they made their way for the water show where they watched an act at the water bay.

 

 

The day finally ended when the staff of the theme park announced through their system for their visitors to leave as it was closing time. Yunho and Jaejoong were the last few to leave the place and as they strolled under the dim street lights of Lollywood, towards the main gate, Yunho looked around the area and then slowly walked closer to Jaejoong before taking his hands.

Jaejoong was shocked at first when Yunho hands subtly brushed against his. He looked up at Yunho who was trying to keep a straight face when it was so obvious that he was blushing. Jaejoong smiled a little and pretended to brush his hands also. Yunho got the cue and then slowly wrapped his fingers against his.

Yunho smiled and Jaejoong too. They both walked hand in hand laughing until they reached the end of Lollywood where more people were seen. Jaejoong slipped his hand off Yunho’s grasped as it would be quite inconvenient for the both of them. After all there were families who were still lingering at the shops near the exit.

At least there was some progress.

 

Both of them had decided to take a stroll slightly further away from the exit to bid farewell.

There was an awkward silence between them when they were walking, hands clasped together. They were enjoying the moment where it will end very soon.

Jaejoong broke the silence. ‘I guess I’ll be going’ He stopped in his tracks. ‘Though I wished it wouldn’t end yet but we have to. You .. uh… yeah’ He looked to the ground.

Yunho took a deep breath and sighed. ‘Yes, it’s farewell.’

Their fingers were still clasped and Yunho gave a hard pull, wrapping his arms and pulling Jaejoong into an embrace.

Jaejoong was shocked at first but returned back the warm hug too. He buried his face deep into Yunho’s neck and they stood for awhile, enjoying each other embrace before somebody appeared.

Yunho wanted to give Jaejoong a kiss. He wanted to kiss him badly but he can’t. A part of him tells him not yet. He can’t rush things yet.

Jaejoong broke into a bright smile. ‘I guess my training didn’t work at all. Oh well… at least we had unexpected results.’

Yunho laughed ‘much unexpected.’ He gave Jaejoong a pat on a shoulder.

With that, they bid each other farewell.

 

 

Maybe it was love after all.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Do consider to comment <3 Comments are of great help.