Moonlight cafe

Under the sun, our first meeting

The sun rose and glowed among the clouds under the dark sky. As the rays pierced through the clouds, different shades of orange and red blended with the shades of blue and hung itself almighty in mid-air. The warm sunlight shone right through the blinders of a young man’s room.

The alarm which was set by the bed rang loudly as the ticking metal strikes 8. Hiding under the heavy blanket, a hand was stretched out to silence the loud sound. The alarm was switched off and the sleepy man continued his sleep. Few minutes later, another clock rang.

Lifting up his heavy body from under the covers, he sat up straight and rubbed his eyes. He yawns and stretches and walks over to stop the alarm. He pulls up his blinders and does his usual routine. By the time he was done, it was about 9am. Getting dressed, he made his way to the living room to watch morning news while having his morning breakfast.

After an hour, he gets ready for his so called ‘date’ with the man at town. Dressed casually in dark denim and white polo shirt, Yunho was all ready to start his day. Not forgetting the handkerchief which was placed on the kitchen table, he took it while walking to the shoe cabinet to choose a pair of suitable footwear.

“All set to go!” Yunho locks the door and walks down to his car and drove off to town.

Jaejoong was sitting near the window, slurping on his ice blended caramel macchiato in moonlight café. The man was dressed in a simple hooded shirt with ripped pattern jeans. He crosses his arms and bends forward to bite his straw again, the brown ice cold coffee and continues to read his magazine.

Yunho walks over to the menu and stares hard at it. Expensive was the word which kept reading out in his mind as he glances at every item written in chalk. After five minutes, Yunho still could not decide on a drink and a nearby staff had to assist him seeing how desperate he was.

Yunho insisted on something cheap and worth his money.  

“Sorry Sir, the cheapest coffee is our home brewed coffee, is that okay?” The waiter suggested politely.

“That’s your cheapest? I’ll take it then.” The waiter darted his fingers across the touchable screen and collect money from Yunho.

“That would be $6 sir”

Yunho mumbled to himself, complaining about how much coffee they will serve and with that amount of money, how many cups of coffee he can buy from vending machines, fast-food restaurants and food courts.  

A word to describe him – stingy – that may be a reason why Seulgi left him because he a man complains on how expensive graded coffees are.

Paying his bills, Yunho turns around and spotted Jaejoong in the corner very quickly as he stood out… somehow. Could that be a sign of love? Or eye candy? Yunho thought he was mad. He made his way and plops down on the soft comfy chair. Jaejoong looks up from his magazine and both of them exchanged greetings.

“What’s that?” Yunho asked curiously.

“Ice blended caramel macchiato, grande” Jaejoong explains to him.

“Gra- what? I can’t be bothered; this place is way too expensive. Fast food will be the best choice.” Yunho complains again while looking at the interior of the café. “Nice deco though”

“Ew… Are you that stingy? Fast-food is a no-no with that amount of calories intake and disgusting oil which they use to fry. Were you like that when you went out with your ex?” Jaejoong scrunched his nose in disgust as Yunho mentioned ‘fast-food’, a taboo word in his dictionary. Furthermore, how can a man be this stingy? He needs to splurge a little. No, not little, maybe slightly more. He needs to dress properly too, badly.

“Fast-food or food courts… pretty much.” Yunho replied while nodding his head.

“Now I understand why she wants a break up.” Jaejoong told him in sarcasm and slurps on his drink again.

“Wh-what’s wrong with these places? They are cheap and so good plus a variety” Yunho smiles.

“Are you born an idiot? Girl’s especially “es” will avoid fast-food BECAUSE of the amount of calories AND food court does not make her look good. God, have you ever watched television or listened to your colleagues talk about it?” Jaejoong emphasized on words and shook his head at the pathetic man.  

“Do you want her back then?” Jaejoong asks leaning back onto his chair with his right legged crossed over the other. “I can help… if you are willing to change.” He offers his help to this helpless man, sincerely.

The waiter came and served Yunho’s coffee. Instead of replying a ‘thank you’, Yunho blurted out ‘so small’. Jaejoong, who was sitting in front of him, rolled his eyes immediately and mumbled ‘embarrassing’.

Yunho picks up his coffee and let his lips make in contact with the white mug. He blows the steamy content a little and tried to take a sip. Who knows how high his IQ was, he screamed ‘Ouch!’ when the hot liquid stung his tongue, leaving it scalded.

Jaejoong laughed at the man while covering his mouth. “You really are an idiot”

“Tch”

“Do you need help to cool that hurting muscle of yours? I can offer help by sticking mine in” Jaejoong grinned.

“Are you gay?” Yunho asked again without thinking through his pea-sized brain.

“Who knows? So how’s life so far.”

Yunho told Jaejoong his plans to ‘steal’ his girlfriend back from that Park Tae Jun guy which he detests so much. Jaejoong revised his plans while Yunho spoke and gave him better and cooler ways to handle a girl. Soon, Jaejoong was his coach in this aspect. This went on for about two hours and when they were done, it was time for lunch or may be early tea.

“Joining me for lunch?” Jaejoong offered while they walked out of the café together.

“Nope, I want to rest in bed” Yunho rejected the offer.

“I’ll pay... and you are an old man, seriously.”

“Is that bribery because I’m stingy? Excuse me? It’s the weekend and I need a rest”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes for the second time “Whatever seriously.”

Now they were both standing outside the café.

“Tomorrow meet me at town again, outside LOTTE mall. We are going to do some MAJOR shopping. Prepare your card because I’m not lending mine. Got it?” Jaejoong emphasized a lot on the word ‘major’ since he knew this man would most probably complain about whatever he is going to choose.

“Yeah yeah, you are so naggy.”

Jaejoong rolls his eye for the third time.

“Tomorrow is date 2. Dress properly.” Jaejoong gave him a flying kiss before walking out of the mall.

As the automatic door opened and a gushed of wind blew into the mall messing up Yunho’s hair.

“A da-date?” Yunho was left standing there, shocked… again.

What about the handkerchief? One thing, Yunho has short term memory.
 



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
any comments?

A/n: I know no much progress but the fun starts the next part^^