Our Time Together

Arrogance and Ignorance

"There is no way in hell I am going to touch that," you said, rearing back from what Baekhyun held in his hands. "How are you even touching that? It's disgusting."

"You mean to tell me that you've never held a squid before?" Baekhyun asked. You shook your head vigorously and he chuckled.

"I'll hold it when it's cooked," you said with a pout. "Now put it back into the bucket. Oh gross, it's sticking to your hand!" You shuddered as he removed the little squid and put it back. The squid stall Ahjumma smiled and allowed him to wash his hands in the small bucket of clean water and handed him a towel to use.

"You're adorable, did you know that?" Baekhyun asked as you moved on from the stall. You just rolled your eyes and busied yourself with looking at the different stalls. You guys had come all the way to Hongdae, and he had taken you to what he called his favorite place to come and think, Sukjin Open Air Market (a/n: a place that I just made up).

"Oo, look Kaemi-ah," he said, casing you to turn toward his voice. You burst out in laughter, as he had clipped his bangs up and out of his face with a very large pink hair clip.

"You are so strange, Baekhyun," you said, reaching up and taking the clip out of his hair. "As cute as the hair clip is, it's not really your style." You placed it back on the table, and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards a table with sunglasses on it. You picked up a pair and placed them on his face.

"Now that's more your style," you said, pulling out your phone and snapping a quick picture while he just laughed at your choice. The glasses were big and blue, with little white polka dots on the sides. You put away your phone just as he picked up the same pair of sunglasses in yellow and put them on you.

"Now we match!" He said excitedly, taking out his own phone. He pulled you in and you made silly faces while he snapped several pictures. "Ah~ we look so good!" You laughed at his silliness and put the sunglasses back. Thanking the Ahjumma sitting there, you both moved on.

"See, now isn't this just what you needed?" He asked, giving you a knowing smile. "Whenever I just need to escape I come here and my mood is instantly brightened."

"It is just what I needed, Oppa," you said as he took you hand in his and began to swing it back and forth as you walked along.

"It's the first time I'm bringing someone here with me," he said, and his voice suddenly serious, and holding something you couldn't figure out at the moment. "I'm glad it's you." All you could say was thanks.

"Anyway, let's go get some food," he said, switching back to his playful tone and pulling you towards the end of the market. "I'm really hungry for some street food." You smiled as you went along with him, glad that he had shared his secret place with you.

***

"This is delicious," you said as you took a seat on the park bench. After eating little bits of food from the street food stalls all through Hongdae, you and Baekhyun had headed back towards home. On the way, you got some patbingsu and decided to stop at the park where you had been just a few days ago.

"Too bad summer's ending soon," he sighed, taking the seat beside you. "No more patbingsu until March. It's a tragedy really."

"You're so dramatic," you said picking a kiwi from your bowl of the cool treat and popping it into your mouth. "It's only June and summer just began. I have to agree with you though, it's sad when summer ends and school starts back up and you can't do fun summer stuff anymore."

"Speaking of summer, do you have any plans?" He asked. You shook your head.

"Not anything different than usual," you said with a shrug. "I'm going with my parents to the States for a week to visit my grandparents and then back here to help with the shop and just generally hang around. What are you doing?"

"Nothing really," he said, his spoon thoughtfully. "I was thinking you and I could hang out some more like this. I had a lot of fun." You were slightly surprised by his forwardness, yet somehow it was refreshing.

"That sounds nice," you said, giving him a smile. "Maybe I'll even play with the squid like you did before. I doubt it, but who knows what will happen?"

"Life's like that, you know? Everything and everyone is full of surprises," he said, and you both sat there in comfortable silence, enjoying the patbingsu. You both finished and he politely took your empty cup and tossed it in a nearby trashcan. You stood, ready to head back home when all of a sudden he tapped you on the shoulder.

"Tag, you're it!" He said and ran further into the park. You glared at him and gave chase, shouting at him to stay still so that you could tag him back.

"That's not how you play, silly," he said as he avoided you by skirting around a tree. "You just have to be fast!" He did slow down just a teeny bit though, and you caught him. You stuck your tongue out at him while you both caught your breath and when he looked up at you with that mischievous glint in his eye, you ran for it, laughing as he chased you.

And so that's how you spent the next half hour, chasing each other around the park playing tag and giggling and laughing together. When you got too tired to run anymore, you collapsed side by side in the cool grass, panting.

"Not bad, Kaemi-ah," he chuckled, folding his hands behind his head. "You really are quite persistent in tag aren't you?"

"I used to play it with my cousins all the time," you said, mimicking his actions. "Gotta be fast when everyone is bigger than you."

"I guess you're right about that," he said, giving you a sly sideways glance. "Things must be hard when you're short." He was teasing you, knowing that you would go for it.

"I am not short!" you said, rolling over and giving him a glare. "I'm average height for a girl my age, thank you very much. And compared to Chanyeol, you're just a shrimp!"

"Chanyeol and I are the same height," he said turning so that you were now facing each other. You just stuck your tongue out and rolled onto your back again.

"Shrimp," you muttered, though loud enough for him to definitely hear.

"What was that?" he said, inching closer to you. You just pulled a face at him and the next thing you know, he was tickling you.

You were extremely ticklish, and even though you tried to block him, he had fast hands and was tickling you in different spots before you had time to stop him. You wriggled out of his range, and managed to stand, running away from him. He stood and came after you, easily catching up and picking you up by the waist and spinning you in a circle. You both were laughing loudly, and fell to the ground that way, him still holding on to your waist.

"If I had known earlier how ticklish you were, I would have done this a little earlier," he said, with a lopsided grin.

"I'm glad you didn't know it then," you replied. "Not many people know I'm that ticklish and I prefer to keep it that way." He laughed and you could feel it where your body was connected with his. It was a nice feeling, a comfortable feeling.

"There's lots of things I don't know about you, Kaemi-ah," he said. "I want to change that." And like he did the one time before, he smoothed a piece of flyaway hair back behind your ear. His hand lingered for a moment, before he pulled away, leaving you with a feeling of slight disappointment.

What was that about?

"Come on," he said suddenly, helping you up. "I don't want your dad to think I've kidnapped you or anything, so let's get you home." He slid his hand into yours and you had a sense of deja vu when he didn't say anything and you just walked towards your home. It was pleasant, holding his hand like this, though it didn't come without a slight twinge of guilt because you had held someone else's hand like this just a few days ago.

The walk home was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. You stopped in front of the store, and looked up at him.

"Thanks for hanging out with me today, Baekhyun-oppa," you said, giving him a genuine smile. "I had a really good time, and I feel a lot better than I did earlier." He gave you one of his own breathtaking smiles, still not letting go of your hand.

"I had a great time today, too," he said. "And don't forget what you said about hanging out this summer. I really mean it when I say there's lots of things I want to learn about you." He was leaning closer, and the intensity with which he looked at you was starting to make your face heat up.

"I won't forget," you said, though it came out as more of a whisper. 

"Good," he said, his voice also a whisper. You were both staring at each other now, brown eyes looking at brown eyes, trying hard to read each other. You could feel his grip on your hand loosen and looked down. Noting your momentary distraction, he closed the distance between you, and placed a light kiss on your lips. Before you could react he was pulling away from you and heading in the direction of his own house.

"See you on Monday," he said waving at you over his shoulder.

I'm sorry Kai, he thought as he walked away. I can't hold back anymore.

All you could do was give him a weak wave back, still stunned. You watched him until he disappeared around the corner and you went inside, heading straight for your room. Your Appa, sensing that now was not the time to question you about your good looking friend who took you on an impromptu date, just let you drift to your room, where you proceeded to flop onto your bed. You grabbed Wally the bear and hugged him close.

"It's official, Wally," you groaned. "My life has turned into a k-drama and I have no idea what the heck I am going to do."

 


A/N: A double update, just as I promised! So was that what you guys were expecting? I had such a hard time with this chapter and deciding how things were going to play out with Baekhyun, now that you all know that he is an official member of the Kai-Kaemi-Baekhyun love triangle. Originally, I hadn't planned to make this so fluffy, but as what seems the trend lately, this story has taken on a life of it own. What do you think? Was it alright?

Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapter. I hope to give the orphanage kids another appearance, as well as give Kai some of his own fluff-filled moments.

~aeru