Finally

No Explanation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Finally

 

Since kissing (or slightly making out) in the middle of the pavement while sitting down was odd and prohibited and they would definitely be glowered by adults for being a horrible influence for kids and for corrupting kids’ innocent minds and eyes, the two headed upstairs to Hyerin’s room. Also, if they didn’t disappear, the police would be called in sooner or later and ruin their romantic slash sweet slash awkward moment. 

Baekhyun cleared his throat with a forced cough and Hyerin played with her hair, tying a bunch of them into a pretty fish tail braid. She hoped that Baekhyun would take the hint that she wanted him to take the initiative and that she was at loss of what to do. 

The atmosphere was still awkward, of course and they behaved like middle school kids. Shy and bashful, pure and innocent. 

“So…” Baekhyun seemed to have gotten the hint and casted a look at Hyerin’s direction. Her hands dropped to her thighs, neglecting her almost done plaits and his eyes followed as well, causing her to glare back at him for staring at her particular part of her body. 

“Does your head still hurt?” She inquired after awhile however, still avoiding eye contact with him. She didn’t want to, no, she couldn’t have eye contact with him just because…. she would get lost in those beautiful mesmerising brown orbs of his and she would never be able to find her way back. She was afraid – frightened that what if she couldn’t find her way out if she got lost. Not that she wanted to anyways - it's just that Baekhyun needed to earn more of her trust because a part of her still didn’t trust him completely. Maybe around 2% of her still thinks that he was not trust-worthy.

 “Not after our kiss,” He lamely replied with much greasiness and cheesiness and with that blinding foolish grin that was plastered on his face. Hyerin shifted awkwardly in her seat and the density of awkwardness in the air became higher. Putting on a poker-face, she tried very hard not to smile at his comment.
“Stupid Baekhyun,” she mumbled under her breath as she shoved the dangerous weapon, her History book aside, away from Baekhyun and her. She thought that he should have developed a phobia of it now. 

“Hey, why aren’t you looking at me?” He asked with genuine concern that covered up the sense of hurt in his voice. She didn’t even realize that Baekhyun had moved from his seat and was currently in front of her. He arched forward to match Hyerin’s height. Slowly, he grabbed her chin gently and lifted her head and then locked eyes with her. Hyerin froze in panic and her heart began thumping at the speed of a train. She swore she could feel electricity flowing through her body. She was like an electric circuit and Baekhyun was the switch to it. Just a simple touch from him and current would flow through.

“I don’t want to,” She frowned and scooted away from Baekhyun. She didn’t know what to do. So yeah, they kissed. What did the kiss indicate? Were they together? Were they considered a couple now? Were they in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship?

Surely, not yet, right?

He hasn’t told her if he liked her or not. Wait, he did say that his head hurts because of her... which should be the same reason why her head hurts because of him.

Because they couldn’t stop thinking about each other; they had confused and mixed thoughts and feelings; they weren’t sure if it was true love. True love is rare.

But the kiss… It felt so good and wonderful – like there were butterflies dancing along with her and like there were fireworks in broad daylight. 
Baekhyun then sat on beside her, still not breaking eye contact with her. Each time she tried to look away, he would force her to look back at him.... She didn't know how long she could take it - looking into his eyes was just so hard because she could feel her cheeks getting warmer and redder by each moment. Electric shock explained everything. 
He brought both of their bodies closer and now their faces were only inches away, so dangerously close. Staring at his lips, Hyerin gulped down the lump in with anxiety. Then, Baekhyun took the lead and brought her into his chest; into a tight embrace, slightly squeezing her. She hesitated for awhile but somehow a wave of nostalgia took over her. She remembered hugging him when he ignored her for a week. To date, there was no change of feelings and emotions that she experienced. She felt so secure and protected in his arms. She liked the sense of security of protection that she got just from hugging him – in fact, she loves it. She loves the way she manages to fit into his arms so perfectly. And her mind was finally cleared. She loves him. Finally... A wide smile of relief and joy appeared on her face. 

Unknowingly, she hugged him back and her hand took control of itself and ruffled his hair. She has always liked doing that. Why, his hair felt so soft and each strand of his hair lingered on her fingers. Perfect. If she had guessed correctly, Baekhyun would probably have been smiling too because she felt him snuggle closer to her. She could feel his warm brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter