First official meeting & conversation

No Explanation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First official meeting & conversation 

Hugging her thick books against her chest, Hyerin made her way into the school’s library. It was almost empty; there were only a few studious people with their laptops doing their work and also some reading books on the couches or arm chairs. She smiled with joy to herself – she never liked crowded places thus the library was one of her favorite places in the world.

She loved this library in particular because the librarians and those people who often visit the library are extremely nice to her – they chatted with her about books, school life and she met a lot of new people there.

There was one boy she had met in particular – he would always talk to her, help with her work and sometimes they would even read together. His name is Kim Joon Myun and just like Hyerin, he loves spending time at the library to read books. The people in the library aren’t nerds or geeks – reading books are just simply their hobbies. They are her friends – library friends, that is.

However, Joon Myun has a closer friendship with her compared to her other library friends. He was like her best guy friend; no, they do not have feelings for each other. Joon Myun was just a very good person. He knew Ji Eun too but Hyeri knew none of his friends. “I’d love to introduce my friends to you in the near future, I’m sure you all will be good friends as well.”

She glanced around the library carefully then and saw a contented Joon Myun alone on the arm chair with his nose buried in a book. She caught his eye and cheerfully, she bowed and waved to him. He gave her his angelic smile and waved back then carried on with his book. Knowing he was so engrossed in his book, she went to her usual corner, not wanting to disturb him.

She chose the seat at the corner at the back of the library – there weren’t much people at the back and she didn’t like being too noticeable either. She rested on the comfortable armchair – it brought her to another dimension. She took a deep breath and smiled, obviously liking the smell of the library. After taking a stretch, she began with her work with her head on her propping left hand and soon forgot about the devil.

✧✧✧

Speak of the damn devil and he doth appear. Baekhyun had received a text from JoonMyun earlier that day, demanding him to look for him at the library. They agreed on going for a movie in the evening though. Oh well, he wanted to grab a good mystery book too. His favorite genre was mystery – he liked the suspense that would always keep him at the edge of his chair. He loved the feeling when the secret was out of the bag – it just felt mind-blowing. Books are always more detailed than movies, he thought to himself. Pushing the door open, he immediately spotted Joon Myun from the door. Actually, who wouldn’t be able to spot such a glowing guy? He practically radiates light off him and this wasn’t even a joke. Joon Myun indeed lived up to his nickname, Guardian Angel.

Baekhyun opened his mouth, about to call out for his friend but closed it upon remembering that he was in a library – a silent place. He turned to his right and bowed to the librarian politely and walked towards Joon Myun.

“Hey hyung,” he swiftly flopped himself on the red arm chair and rested his arms on the arm rest.

“Finally here,” Joon Myun looked up from his book and smiled brightly. “I’m about to finish this book soon, can we leave when I’m done?”

Baekhyun nodded, “I’ll go grab a book first. Be right back.”

With that, he left on the search for another great book. Scanning each aisle with thousands of books on it, the spine of a brown book caught his swift eyes. A slight smile of satisfaction crept onto his face and he grabbed it quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter